four

If you're with me, then everything's alright

 

Present day…

I woke up to a loud noise coming from outside the bedroom. In my half asleep state, I left my bedroom and headed to where the sound came from.

“M-m-morning” It was Zelo standing in the middle of my kitchen. His hand was on the handle of the frying pan. He was staring at the ceiling and his face was bright red.

I gave a yawn and asked, “Why are you being so weird early in the morning?”

With his eyes still staring at the ceiling, he pointed in my direction. I looked down at myself. It was then that I realized that I only had my undergarments on. I let out a little shriek and fled back into my bedroom. My face was burning as I slipped into some decent clothes.

“You saw nothing right?” I asked as I entered the kitchen again.

“Noona, so that’s your style huh?” He teased.

“Yahhh, don’t say such things! You’re just a boy.” I replied and poked his sides.

“I’m not a kid anymore. Plus, you were the one exposing yourself in front me.”

“Yahhh!” My face grew red again. I tiptoed and grabbed him in a surprise headlock.

“Noona, let go!” He begged. I soon released him and he got back to making breakfast. I sat on the counter top and watched while he cooked. He was cooking Kimchi fried rice and it smelled heavenly. Times like this I was thankful that I had Zelo in my life. Even though he was younger, he was the one taking care of me. At that moment he smiled at me as if he knew what I was thinking about. We sat at the dining table and ate our breakfast.

“What do you want to do today? Let’s go do something fun kay.” I asked.

“Well, I kind of have some homework to do first.”

“Homework? That’s boring!”

“We’ll go out after I’m done with my homework, promise.” He replied with a little pout. I pinched his cheeks and nodded.

After breakfast, we headed to the living room and he got out his homework. I tried my best to teach him but Zelo pretty much knew how to solve most of the questions. I got bored quickly and decided to read a magazine instead while Zelo was still focused on his work. By the time I was done reading, Zelo had fallen asleep with his head resting on his textbook. It was kind of cute seeing him sleep like this, he looked like a little puppy.

Just then, his handphone that was left on the table vibrated. I took a quick glance; it was a text message from someone by the name of ‘Minah’. It was so typical of girls to text him all the time, it was like this in middle school too. He had received tons of confessions but he had rejected every one of them. In fact, he had never mentioned if there was a girl that he liked.

His woke up from the sound of his phone vibrating. He wiped his drool and reached over for his phone. Upon seeing the notification, he immediately placed the phone down again.

“Aren’t you going to reply her?” I asked.

He simply shrugged his shoulders and kept his books.

“That’s mean!” I said with a pout.

He looked at me coldly then gave a little smack on my head. “It’s troublesome. Anyway, she’s just a classmate so there’s no need to make a deal out of this ok?”

The tone in his voice was weird but I didn’t want to argue with him. I ruffled his hair and sighed. “Arasso… Anyway, you’re done right? Let’s go out!”