3

Perfectly Imperfect

 

 

Dear You,

            Hey, I’m sorry I forgot to write last night it’s just that my first day at the shop did not go well because of EVERYTHING and it that I have to spend my whole summer like that. I think I’ll keep this entry short since I’ll be leaving today for my classmates’ farewell party. I personally don’t have an idea as to why my class would hold this kind of part and I’m not even interested and only if Appa didn’t told me to participate then going is not even an option. This time I promise I’ll write to you as soon as I get home.

 

Suzy (수지)

____________________________

And the party turned out well for everyone, that means the whole class except for Suzy who sat at the garden while the others danced to the music. The party was held in one of Suzy’s classmate’s house. Her name’s Krystal Jung, the total opposite of Suzy. She’s friendly and even if she didn’t grow up in Seoul just like Suzy, she seemed to love Seoul a lot. She’s got a nice house too it has a pool, a place for billiard, a place for playing basketball and a large space for parties.It was indeed the perfect place to have fun.

 

            The Loud music, people playing volleyball in the pool, the smell of alcohol and grilled food, mixing together, the noise of the dancing and cheering crowd, they’re all new to Bae Suzy who stood there and watched the people and wondered how these people are living the life they’re living.

“Would you like to taste this brownie?” A guy asked from behind. Suzy was a bit distracted by the sudden appearance of the guy.

“No, thanks”

“No, really you should try this it’s really great” The guy insisted. Suzy had no choice she didn’t want to offend the guy so she took one and took a bite. The moment the brownie got into her, her world started to spin around, everything became colorful and the sights and sounds became blurry.

“Hey, don’t tell me you gave her the brownie” a girl wearing crop top pairing it with short jeans said. She sat down beside Suzy; she must be the host, Krystal Jung.

“Whatever I think she liked it” the guy said as he walked away.

“Are you okay, Is this the first time you’ve been high? Do you want me to get you something to drink?” Krystal asked standing up.

“What? No, I’m fine” Suzy answered but she followed her anyway.

They encountered flying clothes, party poppers and lots of balloons on their way to the kitchen.

“What do you prefer, mango shake or strawberries and cream?” Krystal asked.

“I want to wash my hands; I’d like to use the bathroom”Suzy said in English, Krystal was shocked she didn’t know both of them were capable of speaking the language.

“There’s one in the second floor, third room on the right side”Krystal answered in English.it was a relief that someone could speak the same language she’s used to.

Suzy went up, dragging her feet. She kept on saying “third room” aloud. When she got there, she asked herself “which one, left or right?” and she went left.

Her eyes widened by she just saw two of her classmates making out in one of the rooms in Krystal’s house. She covered to keep herself from freaking out; it’s just that the sight of a guy on top of a girl, both fully is new to her considering that they’re not even married.

She slammed the door and went to the room in the right, It was the bathroom, she washed her hands and kept saying “I didn’t see anything” she kept saying those words until she got back to the kitchen.

“You didn’t see what?”

“Tell me Krystal Jung, Tell me that I didn’t saw two of our classmates making out in one of the rooms here, tell me!” Suzy said grabbing Krystal’s shoulder. “Wait, are you even Krystal Jung” Suzy added. “Easy Tiger, first thing’s first so here’s the strawberries and cream freshly made by me and yes I am Krystal Jung and It’s normal” but Suzy didn’t seem to get what she said.

“I mean its normal, you know people making out in the middle of a party.” Suzy almost choked when she heard what Krystal said.

“Hey, finish your drink, I’m gonna drive you home cause staying here might make you crazy”

And after a few minutes they were narrowing down the city of Seoul, it was amazing, the light of the moon that illuminated them was incredibly beautiful.

“I don’t think I can get used to life here.” Suzy started.

“It’s because you’re keeping yourself distant from people it’s like you want to but you’re making a way not to want it too, do you get me?  I can’t believe you don’t even know me” Krystal protested.

“Don’t worry I know no one from our class before but now I know you, does that count?”

“Yeah whatever you say~” Krystal scrolled down the window and felt the air.

“Hey, we should do this often” She suggested.

“Yeah It ~”

_______________________________

Dear You,

            As promised, I’ll write when I get home.I’m both glad and sad and I don’t know that it’s possible. Glad because I met someone from class, the host of the party, the strawberries and cream that she made was so effin’ great so yeah and we drove home and it was crazy. I’m kinda sad because I saw one of my guy classmates on top of one of my girl classmates which made my night , they were both and I guess we both know what happened there. I mean in … was that health class? The teacher said that things like those are for married couples only and I just don’t think they’re married and it’s none of my business so yeah let’s just not talk about it. Maybe I’ll just write tomorrow cause I need sleep, my eyes are begging for it and dad doesn’t know about the brownie so don’t tell.

 

Suzy (수지)

____________________________

This will be in Suzy’s Point of View

The ceaseless ringing of my cellphone woke me up, someone was calling.

“Hey, It’s me Krystal Jung, we were together earlier” The girl from the other line said. It’s Krystal.

“I don’t remember giving my phone number to you” I replied in my sleepy voice.

“What the hell? Did you just wake up?” She asked.

“What the? You woke me up, and it’s like 3 in the morning. Call later I want some sleep!” I said as I ended the call.

That stupid call, I can’t go back to sleep~ Oh my poor eyes. It’s 4:34 am now and I still can’t go back to sleep. I received a text message from Krystal.

From: Krystal Jung ;)

 Hey that call was for nothing. I can’t go to sleep, I’ll just make it up to you next time~

 

_________________________

And until now I don’t know how I had her number in my phone and how she got mine. Is it crazy? I know right.

I sneaked out of the house and walked the silent streets of Seoul; it seems nice when there are no people around. I plugged on my headphones and continued walking. At 5:47 in the morning I found myself alone in a rooftop about a few blocks from our house. I was sitting while listening to my favorite songs when suddenly I heard an annoying beat that ruined my mood. I stood up, removed my ear plugs and saw someone just a few steps on my right dancing to the annoying sound. He’s wearing a sweatshirt and seemed to dance well. He swept his feet as if he did it every day, His body was so flexible. When he saw me looking at him, he stopped and turned off the music. He was like

“Oh, Am I disturbing you. I’ll just go, I’m so sorry, I thought I was alone, I didn’t knew someone knows about this place too, I thought ---”

“Why?” I asked. I didn’t know why I did that I just did what I did.

“Huh? AH~ studios are expensive” he answered.

“No, I mean why are you saying sorry, it’s not your fault you didn’t notice” I explained.

“I don’t really trust or talk to people who doesn’t know how to dance” He said.

“So what exactly are you saying?” I didn’t get him.

“My name is Jong In but I go by Kai, may I?” He said offering a hand, the music changed from the annoying one to something classical. I took his hand, (I didn’t want to but it was like a magnet)

“I did not ask but thanks for saying anyway” I told him. He took the lead and I followed him.

“Forward” He said and I followed him, “right” “left” it went like that in the beginning.

A few seconds after, we found ourselves dancing to classical music.

“I think I’ve seen you before” he said in the middle of the song.

“I don’t think so, your face is foreign to me” I answered.

Why were we dancing like fools on a rooftop?

Why was I talking to this guy who calls himself Kai?

Why did I take his hand?

Why was I herein the first place?

Those questions were unanswerable.

The moment the music stopped I stepped backward and said “I’ll be going now, I need to go home” before I ran .I almost forgot about work.

Kai was left alone in the rooftop he noticed something on the floor it was a hair clip.

He took it and took a hold of it before he started dancing again.

*I knew it.He thought.

_______________________