Final

Then Came You

 

 

 

By the time reach a week, Yuri was already familiar with Yunho. They talked, argued and even exchanged flirtation. Prickle of delight shot through her every time Yunho came to check on her. More than once Yuri able to confined him to stay longer. One thing she never thought before that Yunho was one of the doctor in the hospital. When she asked why would he willing to serve her, he just shrugged. Promptly, Yuri knew he was hiding something.

 

“You’re awake” He startled her one afternoon when Yuri was busy reading her book. Yunho slid his lean body easily and closed the door. “It’s a lovely afternoon. I wonder if you want to walk with me”

 

Yuri smiled in delight. She felt rather bored occupy in her obsolete book. “I’d love to”

 

“It’s better for you if you wear your sweater” Yunho reminded her as he glanced outside the window “It’s a bit windy. I don’t want you to catch a cold”

 

“Too much fussy of you this afternoon,” Yuri commented “Something happens?” She reached for the warm garment inside her cupboard.

 

“Just concern over your health” He grinned lazily.

 

Yuri took a deep breath with excitement “I’m ready” She stated.

 

“Let’s go then” Yunho offered his bent arm and Yuri took it with smile.

 

They walked along the small path provide by the hospital. The view of the garden arranged neatly and the flowers seemed impatiently to show off their beauty as they were all blooming in different color and shape.

 

“It’s beautiful,” Yuri couldn’t help her self to praise them.

 

“So everyone has said” Yunho relaxed beside her. Her hand still hung in his bent one as they walk side by side. She felt warmer by his presence despite the cold breeze.

 

“You must be the most favorite doctor in this hospital.” She said after a while.

 

“Why so?” Yunho turned and raised one eyebrow.

 

“Look around here, doctor. Everyone’s eyes set on you” She pouted while glancing around. Yunho merely chuckled.

 

“I’m not the only one new here. I’m just transferred seven months ago.”

 

Yuri stared at him curiously “And you’re eye catching” She remarked bluntly before then realize what she had just said and blushed.

 

“Thank you” Yunho rakish grin appeared.

 

Her head lowered, hiding her embarrassment “I’m merely stated the truth”

 

“I see.”

 

The silent fell again as they walk circled the small hill made in the garden. Yuri’s eyes set on everywhere except on Yunho though their hands still clasp together.

 

“Yuri, I have something to confess”

 

When Yuri gaze fell on him, she saw flicker of torment and remorse. His gaze hard and his jaw clenched.

 

“What is it?” She forced both of them to stop in the middle of the path. Yuri released his arm so she could face him fully. Her eyes questioned silently.

 

Yunho gripped her shoulders and look her right in the eyes “Yuri, I am Jaejoong’s cousin.”

 

Yuri struggled to get amount of air as she felt her lungs being ripped apart. Her eyes pooled with unshed tears as her gaze searching him, trying to absorb the information.

 

“Easy,” Yunho soothed her while his hands rubbing up and down her arms “Breath Yuri, breath”

 

Yuri choked and tears finally ran down her cheeks. Her deep brown eyes blurred because of the chaste fluid.

 

“Why it took you so long to tell me?” Yuri gripped the lapel of his white coat for support and she nudged him, demanding for answer.

 

He drew Yuri’s frail shape into his secure arms “I couldn’t bring my self to tell you when you looked too much in pain” His breath warmed her cheek. “I’m so sorry”

 

Yuri found her self crying into his chest. She buried her face and sobbed. And he soothed her, cuddling her close to him. When she finally lifted her head, Yunho ran his thumbs over her damp cheeks, brushing away her tears. “Let’s get you seated on the bench” He guided her to the nearer bench and they sat side by side with her body supporting by Yunho’s.

 

“Why?” Yuri asked.

 

Yunho smiled against her temple. “Let me explain”

 

“When I came here, Jae promised me to introduce us but due to my transferred, I couldn’t have spare time. When the accident happened, they brought Jae to me. Unfortunately, the injury on his head was too bad. He was just last for forty minutes upon his arrival in the hospital.”

 

“And your parent died instantly when the car crushed.” He added.

 

Yuri snuggled deeper in the crook of his neck. Yunho could feel few drops of her tears dripping his skin.

 

“I am to be the one whom Jaejoong last spoken with” He continued and rubbed her back when he felt she was trembling.

 

“He wanted me to watch over you when he knew that you lost your entire family member.” Yunho sighed as if the burden had finally lifted from his shoulder “The first time I landed my eyes on you. I fell for you”

 

“No!” Yuri managed to utter her objection “You just pitied me, just like what you do right now”

 

“I am not” He argued calmly.

 

Yuri let out a shaky laugh “Now what? You’ll take care of me even after I leave this hospital? You’ll have to marry someday.”

 

“And I hope my bride will be none other than you”

 

“But you can’t be serious.” She straightened but Yunho still put one arm around her to steady her.

 

“I can and I will” Yunho met her eyes steadily. “I fell in love with you. Each second I spent with you worth more than anything. I love you”

 

Another tear ran down her cheeks. She was afraid of love because she was afraid with the loss. When she opened to utter the words, nothing came out. She lost in the deep of his eyes before then something soft pressed her lips. Yunho kissed her. Deep and slow of the rhythm of his lips broke all her hesitance. She opened for him, letting him to taste the sweet velvet of . Yuri was breathless and she circled her hands on his neck for support.

 

“Marry me and I’ll love you” He whispered on her parted lips. “I’ll teach you how to love me back. I’ll be patient with you, no matter how long you will needed”

 

The promising words echoed her spinning head. “But we . . .”

 

“I can make you happy. I will try my best. Make me the happiest man in the world Yuri. Marry me” Each sentence ended with another sweet kiss. Yuri weakened to the bone.

 

When he about to stole another kiss Yuri managed to slip her fingers to stop his lips from reaching hers. “That’s enough. Everyone’s watching”

 

“Let them be” He took the dainty hand which covered his lips and gave her another long kiss “Say ‘yes’ or I’ll kiss you again.”

 

Yuri melted “But I. . . You . . . Yes. I’ll marry you” She stated breathlessly, wondering the strong effect he brought to her.

 

“Good girl,” Yunho muttered. But then he disavowed his own promise as he captured her lips once again for deep and intoxicating kiss.

 

She felt alive for the first time in the long months she had to endure the pain. Jaejoong was a nice, charming and faithful man, but he was gone. She knew it would hurt the memories of them if Yuri couldn’t let him go. And about the man who kissed her now. He utterly cared for her, protective and lovable man, with his tenderness he was able to help her, to heal her heart. 

 

“Yunho, I --”

 

As if knew what she was about to say, he cut her off with another kiss. “No more words sweetheart. I’ll wait for you till you finally ready to accept me, understood?”

 

Yuri nodded and let out a relief chuckled. She threw her arms around his neck and snuggled closer. It was a weird thing she could feel peaceful again after those misery, but hey life is full with surprise, isn’t it?

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

maybe you'll find this story odd. *sighed

But I did try my best to made it...

well, thanks for you guys who want to read this one ^_~