Chapter 1

Then Came You

 

 

 

 

Bitter expression shadowed her face as the information of the loss echoed in her ears and mind. She could not help hold it back. It felt too painful to remain strong. It felt too sick to not clamp her fists.  It felt too suffocate to not to cry out. Everything turned darker than it was. She could not feel the presence of anyone yet she need someone to hold her, to reassured her that everything would be okay, to share shoulder when she needed the most.

 

Unfortunately no one could.

 

And then, a firm yet gentle hand clasped her elbow, sending warmth around her. She stunned for a moment, caught the eyes of the intruder beside her. He was standing close to her she could smell the faint scent of his soap lingering her nose. How strange. She thought. She nearly leaned her limp form into the muscular chest of the stranger. She longed for it but instead she stiffened.

 

“Are you alright?” His deep and gentle voice was near her ear. She could feel his hot breath. Yuri stayed motionless, neither nod nor speak.

 

“Let me help you” He offered as she could feel his other hand slipped around her waist.

 

“No!” She choked her tears “Let go off me!”

 

Whatever demon obsessed her, she was not give a damn about it. It felt so right being held by him but she could not let the feeling swept her away. She didn’t need anyone. The man let go of his grip when Yuri pushed his body away.

 

“Miss, you may hurt your self” His tone was easy as if he accustomed with the occasion. Damn him. She was roaring like a madwoman.

 

“Don’t pretend yourself to care for me!” Yuri glared. The look on his face was spoken of pity. It killed her inside.

 

“I’m merely doing my job”

 

“Cursed your job!” Yuri panted heavily. Her body supported by the wall. “How in the world it could happen?” Another tear ran down her cheek.

 

“It was an accident” He kept his voice composed.

 

 “No! Someone has killed them!” Yuri persisted. Her chest tightened into maddening point as if something had pulled away her breaths. She looked helpless, she knew that. His eyes said so.

 

“Miss, it will be better if you let me . . .”

 

“Don’t you dare! You will drug me, won’t you?” Yuri accused as dizziness beat her awareness.

 

Before she could defend herself, Yunho dashed towards her and clamped his arms around her in protective way. She could not move nor protest but it neither hurting her. Instead she felt right inside his arms.

 

“What are you doing?” She whispered unsteadily.

 

“Saving you” He murmured. Yuri felt something soft press her temple and her vision blurred. She fainted.

 

 

 

 

For the first three months, Yuri behaved like enraged bear, wild and cold toward every people who tried to help her. She had screamed, clawed, kicked, and smashed things to both doctors and nurses, until there was no more dare to approach her except for Yunho. He had born her wrath patiently till she felt tired with her self and restlessly with sobs lying on her bed, hugging her self miserably.

 

It was just her against the world, alone in the unfair of life. Everything she had had been taken away. The only left behind was the incurable of open wound inside her soul. She was tired with the life. She was tired with the fate. And most of all she was tired with her self who seemed unable to move on. She lived in her past, the shadow of memories which refuse to leave her alone. She was far beyond weak. And again, the life was too harsh toward her. Sometime she wondered what she had done in the past make her deserve such a cruel life.

 

One night, nightmare caused her to wake up abruptly. Sweats covered her smooth forehead and dampening her hair. Clutching her self tightly, she cornered on the bed and hugging her bent knees. Weeping without any comfort and lost in her unconsciousness, Yuri rocked back and forth while screaming. Yunho came in time to save her. He rushed towards her in few long strides and gathering her in his arms. She sat in his lap unconscious, gripping his shirt tightly as if her life depends on it.

 

“It’s alright Yuri. Breath” He murmured as his hand her damp hair. “Easy. Take a deep breath. . . . That’s it.” Yunho continued to soothe her and smile against her temple when he felt her breaths became steady “Good girl”

 

Yunho leaned his back on the wall as he cradle Yuri in his lap. His arm locked protectively around her as if he wanted to protect her from anything that might hurt her. His other hand rubbed her back, lulling her affectionately. Yuri fell into deep slumber almost instantly. Her head rested in his shoulder and her warm breaths fanning his neck regularly. They stayed like that for the entire night.

 

That night had changed everything. Slowly, Yuri changed her attitude. Her behavior became more tolerable when the nurses came or when the doctor checked on her condition. Her nightmare had subsided and when it came, she knew that Yunho was there for her.

 

Yuri stared at the ceiling of her bedroom. It was white, white all over, the wall, the floor, the curtain, even the bed, she thought she could blind her eyes, but it did not. Why would white always against black? She supposed she had a black bedroom, black all over until she could hide herself in it. She always wondered about her life might be if she had chance. Her thoughts abruptly disturbed by the sound of the open door. Yuri glanced. Yunho stood on the threshold with his mastered calm expression which always managed to raise her temper.

 

“I’m not an ill woman. Go away!” She growled without even sparing him another glance.

 

“No you’re not. But I insist on helping you”

 

It was the same conversation they share over three months Yuri lived in the hospital. She would greet him with her wrath and he returned in sweet and promising care. Yuri sighed. It absolutely must be ended.

 

“I’ve planned to leave this place as soon as possible” She stated out of blue. Yunho raised one brow, clearly doubting her but he kept silent.

 

“I’m tired of living this way. I want to start all over again.” Yuri glanced at him “Aren’t you feel happy for me?”

 

After a swift of hesitation, he spoke “I am happy for whatever you’ve decided for your self”

 

Yuri frowned “It wasn’t sound sincere” She accused.

 

“I’m always sounded like this, all the time if you recall” His gaze was steady on her, challenging her to argue.

 

“You’re right. You are dispassionate man” Yuri mocked and returning her gaze on the ceiling. His lips twisted but she missed the sight.

 

“Are you done yet?” He asked after a moment of deadly silent.

 

“Done what?” She asked back annoyed “Aren’t you having another job rather than stood there like an idiot?”

 

“I prefer to look like an idiot if that’s mean I can see you”

 

That made her jump to sit. Her hands clasped the white-soft linen in each of her sides. Her eyes went wide as she didn’t believe of what she just heard. “What do you mean?”

 

“It’s nothing. It just that I’ve been watching you to know everything about you”

 

“Do I look like a rare specimen for you, sir?” She snapped.

 

“You look like an angel.” Come his soft reply and Yuri dumbfounded.

 

“Now see, if you can behave I’ve no doubt you’ll leave this place sooner than you expected.” He continued “And you look more beautiful that way rather than in your fury, though in your fire you looked like Athena”

 

Instead of made her angry, Yuri colored from head to toes. Never had she thought he would pay such intense attention on her. She was too speechless to utter her skeptical. She never had heard men praise her with such worship lingering in his voice. Even her fiancé, Jaejoong practically respect her too much to give such a frankly praise. But he was not Jaejoong. He was utterly different man.

 

“That’s much better” Yunho grinned as his gaze never leave hers. “Are you preferred the bath or the breakfast first?”

 

Yuri straightened her self and futility tried to steel her expression. Dear God, how could this man made her blush so easily? Even made her compare him with Jaejoong? No one could replace Jaejoong inside her heart. She would forever keep Jaejoong there, where no one could take him away from her.

 

“The bath, please” Yuri whispered.

 

“Very well, I’ll prepare it for you”

 

Yuri sat in the bed and watched as he worked with her bath. She seemed could not tear her gaze away from the man in front of her who was inside her bathroom busy arranged the hot water for her. The way the back of his board shoulder move its muscles offered her a wonderful sight. He always arranged even the simplest matters for her. On top of that he knew more than anyone else she was beyond healthy. It was her soul and heart which needed the healing.

 

“Done!” Yunho exclaimed loudly. He turned to her with his boyish grin “Shall I help you undress as well?”

 

“Go to hell” Yuri muttered, blushing in the way she hated the most. Cursed him to have such a mischievousness without reading the situation.

 

His smile went deeper “Alright. I’ll leave you now”

 

Before he could reach the door, Yuri whispered her silent thank. Her head hung low, hidden by the dark-silk mass of tresses. It was just human with keen hearing could catch her word and Yunho was one of them. He stopped yet didn’t turn to her, before then proceed to close the door behind him.

 

“Thank God.” Yuri breathed more than relief he did not react. She would die in shame if he did.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So, how was it??

It's lame, isn't it??