Chapter 3

My Dear Soccer Player

 

[The next day]
 
 
“You know you ruined my date with Soohyun right?” said Yura “I know, and I’m sorry about that, but I didn’t want to come alone TT^TT” I said to her “you’re lucky you’re my Bff!” she screamed and people started looking “unnie I know already~” I said with aegyo “but don’t scream so loud!”
 
We found seats just before the game started and started cheering for Byunghun’s Team he looked so cool while playing soccer it was like my dream man running in front of me.
 
The first time was over and the soccer players had a break, then I had a text message saying: meet at the entrance, I’ll be waiting for you, but come quick I only have 10 min. break before the match starts again ;). I replied he’s message saying: shouldn’t we wait till the end of the game? But his answer was: I want to meet you now ;). 
 
I panicked and a lot of depressive thoughts came to my mind ‘What if he does not like me? Nor even as a friend…’ 
 
“I think I won’t go meet him, I not ready yet for what could come afterwards” I said to Yura “but Suzy! You’re wanted to meet him, that’s why we’re here, just to meet him” she protested “I just can’t…” 
 
The break ended and the soccer game started again, Byunghun didn’t play too well, he was distracted, spacing out… I wasn’t sure if it was my fault but I felt guilty.
 
[That Night]
 
 
I opened my e-mail chat to see if Byunghun was online, I really wanted to apologies to him for what I did.
 
MissA_Suzy:  Hi 
Teenz_L.Joe: Hi
MissA_Suzy: mm… are you mad at me or something like that?
Teenz_L.Joe: I’m not mad, just disappointed.
MissA_Suzy: sorry I didn’t mean it.
Teenz_L.Joe: it’s ok.
MissA_Suzy: no is not, want can I do to compensate you?
Teenz_L.Joe:  just meet me.
MissA_Suzy: there must be another thing.
Teenz_L.Joe: why don’t you want to meet me?
 
Know what I say? I can’t say: “Oh is just because I’m afraid that you won’t like me”. No that would be something so stupid.
 
MissA_Suzy: I don’t know you enough.
Teenz_L.Joe: that’s the point, to know me better, and I also want to know you better.
MissA_Suzy: but… but…
Teenz_L.Joe: you know you don’t have an excuse, so don’t invent one.
MissA_Suzy: ok you’re right.
Teenz_L.Joe: I know I’m right. 
MissA_Suzy: ….
 
After that day, Byunghun didn’t try to set another meeting, he was waiting for me to ask him to meet me.