✾ Confession

Longing For Your Love

I've decided:

I'm going to do it.

I can't chicken out.

Right?

I stare at my face in the mirror. The dark circles under my eyes hopefully aren't too noticeable, but my runny nose still is.

Will he notice?

Hastily, I shake my long hair out and comb it down. My insecurity is always getting to me; I have to stop acting like this.

After slinging my backpack over my shoulder, I rush down the stairs and out the door, and to my surprise, he's waiting.

 

Oh Hoya.

Always waiting for me like this; it makes me feel guilty after a while.

I smile again - a genuine smile, before ambling toward him, toward his forever warm, wide open arms.

"How do you feel?" He questions, worry in his eyes now.

I only nod in reply, and smile, hoping that he doesn't notice my runny nose.

But he probably has, because when we start walking, he slips some extra tissues (he always carries them around; such a clean freak) into the pocket of my coat.

 

After arriving at school, I greet everyone in my classroom.

"Hara, where were you? Were you sick?" Hyomin questions.

"Yeah, I heard you were sick; do you feel better?" So Yeon also asks.

I merely smile at their worried faces before sitting down. The feeling of people worrying and mising me is always comforting, and as the teacher strolls into the room, I glance out the window that faces the hallway, and-

There he is.

I gulp.

My heart feels as if it's being squeezed; my stomach is suddenly overwhelmed with butterflies flying and prancing here and there, and and and-

Ah, he's with another girl again.

Who is it this time?

I see the girl flip her long hair, and she follows him as he stands up from his leaning position against the wall. They're walking away now; who knows where to. I loathe the fact that he skips classes; girls like Hyorin always use this to their advantage to spend time with him.

If only that was me; if only I could be like that too and spend time with him.

I don't want to look away, but the teacher has already started reading from the textbook; I should be concentrating on school. School. Yes, school, not him.

But I've already decided:

I'm going to do it.

I'm going to confess.

Today.

 

Jiyoung has probably been watching me look at him. Again.

She's persistently jabbing at the side of my arm now; again and again. I test my patience to the limit, and try to ignore her, though I know it'll be difficult.

She's stopped jabbing now, but I can almost feel the glare she's giving me before she rips off part of her paper, furiously scribbles something down, and throws it at me.

Ouch.

After glancing at the teacher, who's lecturing and writing things on the board, I unfold her note.

"Did he visit your house?"

I snicker. What a stupid question-then again, what was I expecting? Her questions have always been stupid.

Instead of replying, I simply push the note toward the corner of my desk and pretend to listen attentively, like I always do.

 

At the end of class, she walks up to me, scrunched up into one of her signature pouts.

"So? Why didn't you answer my question?" She looks very curious now; her eyes filled with eagerness so she can gossip some more with other "gossipers".

I smile wryly at her before picking up my books and walking away.

But she grabs my arm at the last minute, and now she has a beseeching look on her face - I pity her desperation - and this time, begs me: "Please. Just tell me; I promise I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to."

Chuckling, I say, "Why do you need to know, Kang Jiyoung? When has my encounters with Junhyung ever been your business?" I smile wryly once more, before hurriedly ambling away to the cafeteria.

Her blank face; if only I had brought a camera.

 

My mouth feels arid, so before heading to the cafeteria, I stop by a water fountain near the soccer field. I gulp down the chilly yet invigorating water before making my way to the cafeteria, when I hear a very familiar voice:

"...it's alright."

These three words instaneously bring me to a stop, and I tip toe around until I reach a door, which I hide behind.

I can see his face now, and there's a girl in front of him, but I can only see the back of her head.

"Um... well..."

My heart's beating faster. What's with this awkward atmosphere? I scrutinize the back of the girl's head, but I still can't guess who she is.

"Um... I just wanted to s-say..."

Silence.

Hurry and say what you need to say; idiot! I feel so aggravated now; I want to interrupt the conversation, but what if he gets irritated at me? (Not that he's the type to, but...) The girl might start hating on me too...

"I... I l-like you..."

Instantly, my body goes numb.

What?

She couldn't have; she couldn't...

The knuckles of my right hand are showing from gripping the side of the door too hard. The way I'm feeling now, I could smash the door into pieces.

Shiz.

There is still silence, but I can hear his raspy breath - probably from playing soccer - and the whistle of a breeze passing by.

"And?" is all he says. I hear his shoes squeaking; he probably feels uncomfortable too and wants to leave and continue his soccer game. Usually, girls don't confess to him like this. At least, girls like Hyorin and Yuri never would, and he and Hyuna just... got together.

"C-could you g-go out with me?"

My heart beats furiously now, and I feel heat rushing up into my cheeks.

Who the hell does this girl think she is?

But I can't do anything when I realize who he's  having this awkward conversation with.

Lim Jimin...

When did they get so close? When I was sick?

Lim Jimin...

But that was only for two days; two stupid days...

I hastily listen once more for his raspy voice, and surprisingly, and I don't have to wait long.

 

"'Kay."

No.

No. You can't. You shouldn't. What are you doing? What are you thinking, dating her?

I rub my eyes to wipe away any possible tears as Jimin replies, "T-thank you" in a soft tone before scurrying away, past the door that I'm hiding behind and toward the direction of the cafeteria.

And seconds afterwards, he carries the squeaking sound of his shoes along with him as he walks away in the opposite direction, towards the soccer field, leaving me alone in the hallway.

All alone.

 

 


Hehe, I used a bit of bad language xD (which I actually find quite fun to do /laughs). This chapter was fun to write, since it was the one I was anticipating the most. And by the way, I'm planning on making this story 30-40 chapters if I can get that far, which I hope I can do, so please follow and support me if you can ; ; I'll try not to be the lazy that I am, and I'll aim for 1-2 updates a week e w e <33

a big thank you to all of the people who subscribed; you're amazing ; ; <33 and I'll always ship Junhara, no matter what sh*tty things Junhyung says -.-" /slapped