✾ Blurry

Longing For Your Love

 

I peer up at his face, luminated by the slender rays of sunlight shining out the window of my room.

"Jun-Junhyung, what are you...?"

His face looks calm. Calm, but still impassive, and his eyes look gray.

"Yesterday... you didn't seem to be feeling well, so I came to check on you." 

At the sound of the word "you" coming out of his mouth, I purse my lips and try to hide my smile.

"Your mom... she says that you have a slight fever." He lets go of my wrist now, though I can barely feel the difference because he was grasping it so gently.

He doesn't seem worried...

I look up at him again, and he's watching me. Somehow, when I look into his eyes, I don't see my reflection. I only see a blurry, light gray color.

His impassiveness; it makes my heart hurt. 

"Hara? Oh, she's awake now; good." My mom walks in through the door, holding a cup of tea with swirls of steam floating out of it. Junhyung nods, and merely says, "I hope she feels better" before ambling out the door of my room. No friendly wave, no friendly gesture like a hug, nothing. Only that impassiveness of his.

My mom leaves for work after providing me with food and medicine, and I sit in bed, staring out the window at Junhyung's house.

It's strange how even when he stands next to me, even when he's touching me, I feel so far away from him. 

Always.

I turn my head and check the time. 

7:59.

One minute till eight; twenty nine minutes after school has started.

I wonder if he's made it there on time?

 

I spend the rest of the day lying on my bed, on the floor, on the couch, on the carpet of our basement.

Many people call during classes to ask me how I'm doing, and I merely respond with a "just fine" before hanging up.

At 2:31, the doorbell rings, and I hop down the stairs to answer it. Maybe it's my brother, but I am skeptical. He is rarely home, due to his classes. It can't be my mother either; she is never home this early, and my father is always gone from business trips.

I arrive at the door, and I unlock it, anticipating anything or anyone. 

To my surprise, it is Hoya.

He grins; his perfectly white teeth glittering.

I beam, and hug him tightly. How nice it is not to be alone.

 

I invite him inside, and he enters. It isn't his first time visiting, but he always acts so polite, especially when my parents are around.

"Do you want anything to drink?"

"It's alright, I'm—"

"Seriously Hoya." I laugh, and he smiles.

"Coke, milk, apple juice, or tea?"

"Coke, please," and I smile again, knowing that he had wanted it all along.

We sit in the living room afterwards, and he places his backpack on the floor, s it, and starts pulling out books.

"Awww, Hoya, do we really have to do homework?" I sulk, and pull my arms around my legs.

"Yes. Do you know how much you missed today? There's a math test tomorrow, the first draft of an essay due—"

"I know I know I know," I interrupt, and snatch two of the many notebooks that he's placed on the table.

We spend the next one and a half hours reviewing and studying and writing and calculating. My brain hurts, and after a while, I have trouble concentrating. Hoya notices this, and he places the textbook that he's holding down onto the table. He's the type of guy who gets the top scores in the school. I aim for top scores in my class. I'm not a perfectionist like him.

"Sorry, I'm just... worn out from the homework," I reply to the concerned look on his face.

"It's alright then, you'll be fine for tomorrow anyway."

He smiles reassuringly, and I smile too.

He's so comforting, and I stare into his eyes...

 

...and see my clear reflection.

I can clearly see myself, my straight hair tied up into a messy bun and the loose strands of hair, my eyes, my neck.

I wonder why...

Just then, the doorbell rings. Hoya has already packed up all of the books, and he swings the backpack over his shoulder and follows me as I go to answer the door.

I unlock it, and swing it open, and I see them.

Those blurry, gray eyes.

 

 


A/N: The chapters are getting worse and worse. -.-" I don't even understand the point of this chapter =.= /sighs