Chapter Five

Shivers Down my Spine

Hanchul Shippers. Imagine if Hangeng and ZhouMi's roles were reversed. You would all be saying such a different story about how Hangeng should save Heechul from ZhouMi and stuff like that. You would be pleased over Hangeng's involvment. But to soothe your hearts this is indeed a HanChul, no matter how twisted and unhappy.


Chapter Five

Disconnecting all the calls,

Your phone don't even ring

--Disturbia~Rihanna

ZhouMi wasn't expecting his phone to ring in the middle of the night, especially from the number shown on the glowing screen. Heechul's number. The awkwardness which had grown up behind them had left ZhouMi thinking that the other to ignore him for a while. Heechul tended to run from his problems and that included people.If they didn't return his calls, messages quickly he deleted their number. No one quite knew the reason for this but ZhouMi had an idea about what the reason was, he figured insecurity and a fear of being left.
 
ZhouMi knew a vague amount of the others past with inattentive parents and their early deaths, and so he could understand why the other decided to push away those who threatened to come too close to him if they showed any signs (even signs that weren't there and just merely read too much into)of leaving him, making him lonely.
 
To avoid being left he was the one to do the leaving, he wanted to avoid pain so he cut it in the bud before it could hurt him. It was a simple understandable reason but it was childish and foolish thing to do as Heechul was not able to experience the good either and it just left him more lonely than ever. ZhouMi still continued to understand though.
 
Now back to that call, he fumbled tiredly for a bit before pressing the accept button. Even if it was late and he was awoken rudely in the middle of the night ZhouMi considered Heechul more important than his sleep and thus comfort. Besides Heechul wasn't much of a night owl so it must have been important.
 
"Chul~ah?" ZhouMi questioned in a sleepy tone but concern the most evident emotion. His accent thicker than usual thanks both his tiredness and worry. Heechul's voice was alarming to the half-awake Chinese male, it sounded like fear was evident.
 
"I give in." Heechul said weakly, the tone so different to his normal, confident if not mocking one, "P-Please come and stay with me." He stammered out rather pitiful sounding "Rescue me from this nightmare."
 
ZhouMi was already pulling on a dressing gown and putting on shoes as he searched for his car keys. As mentioned before Heechul was most important so he forgone changing out of his pajamas as it would take too long. "I'll be there." He said securely.
 
"Keep talking to me until you arrive." Heechul requested meekly, ZhouMi's voice was soothing and made everything seem a little better. A light at the end of the tunnel, the silver lining on a storm cloud, a life jacket. There was many metaphors for what ZhouMi was like at that moment and so he thanked God for handsome Chinese fashion designers. True to his request, ZhouMi spoke to Heechul as he drove (phone set in a phone holder near the steering wheel as he couldn't afford being pulled over or being put in an accident before he helped Heechul).
 
Saying anything to keep himself talking and calm the other down. Accounts of his family antics, random thoughts about colours, animals, reading and even shapes. Just anything. Anything which came to mind he said and it was helping Heechul a lot especially to calm down.
 
When ZhouMi's car parked into the other's driveway a hush seemed to fall over Heechul's house, the coldness decreasing. Thawing. There was almost a sense of shock in the air almost as if ZhouMi's presence upset the balance. ZhouMi frowned as he found the front door unlocked though he saw no evidence of forced entry which was some relief to say the least as he was too concerned anyway.
 
He stormed to the others bedroom, still speaking into the phone until he was actually inside the room with Heechul and needed it no longer. Turning the bedroom light  on he found Heechul in a makeshift cocoon for a protective shield. He pulled the other into his arms where Heechul rested in them breathing heavily eyes shut.
 
"I'm here... nothing can get you in my arms." ZhouMi whispered softly to the other.
 
"Thank you." Was Heechul's only spoken reply peering from the duvet slightly before burying his face into ZhouMi's chest, fingers clinging tightly onto the shirt of the other.
 
ZhouMi stayed all night despite feeling slightly unsettled by the house. The feeling was reminiscent of when his elder cousin had played hide and seek and when he felt the other's presence despite not seeing or hearing him. Foolish huh? After all his cousin couldn't exactly leave China.
 
It was 4am when Heechul finally slept in peace. ZhouMi did whatever he could to keep the other comfortable before finally falling asleep feeling drained. The presence grew stronger briefly and there was a surprised whisper of "MiMi..." before all went peaceful until the morning.