Chapter Seven

Shivers Down my Spine

Last time

Heechul gave in the end and as ZhouMi was preparing to make breakfast Heechul was preparing for a shower humming softly hoping to wash away his guilt as his face directed towards the spray hoping it would purify his thoughts and just clean his shaken mind. His eyes shut to prevent water getting in them then, he hummed softly as he cleansed himself physically but mentally his mind was just as confused as ever.

 
When he had enough of smothering himself with water and looking like a drowned rat he stepped out of the shower spray and opened his eyes giving a horrified gasp as he saw a distorted shape of a man in the shower glass. The face was hardly distinguishable but he could tell it wasn't ZhouMi. With a yelp he hurriedly opened the shower door ready to run out if needed or scream out but when he did no one was there. Was his mind playing tricks on him? What was going on? 

Chapter Seven

I love you anyhow
And I don’t care
If you don’t want me
I’m yours right now

--I've Put A Spell On You~Screamin' Jay Hawkins

Being a fashion designer, artistic skill was required and that skill was proving to be useful for a shaken Heechul. ZhouMi had rushed upon hearing the yell, a drenched and trembling Heechul was what he had found, the first thing he did was to drape the other in a large towel in hopes to fry and warm the other as well as give the other some decency although ZhouMi would admit to wishing to see the other in the at some point. Not in these circumstances though.
 
Once lead out of the bathroom Heechul insisted strongly upon drawing the face which kept appearing according to him. He just had an instinct it was the same person and although the image of the face was vague he just had to draw it down. Quite rightly concerned and just as confused ZhouMi just allowed the other to carry on though he would much rather see the other in clothes than in just an over sized towel. 
 
Quickly a face was forming upon the page as Heechul's pencil whisked around bringing life to the white. There were eyes, a nose and a mouth yet naturally nothing was fully formed or defined due to the limited sight of the other  but the one thing Heechul just couldn't make sense of was the eyes. 
 
The eyes didn't match up to the vision in Heechul's head to who this person was, the person Heechul figured was some obsessive creep who found enjoyment in his fear. But the eyes he drew, they were gentler than that, a softness was about them and a sorrow he couldn't place, they weren't the angry mad man he had figured the man to be instead they seemed to be to a kinder soul and it made no sense to Heechul. It made no sense at all. 
 
ZhouMi's eyes never left the page the moment Heechul had began to draw, he couldn't quite place it but he felt as if he recognised the person Heechul was drawing he didn't know from where but he just knew them. It was like watching a programme and recognizing an actor from something else but you couldn't quite place where and who the actor had been.
 
But there was another thing bothering ZhouMi aside from the wandering of the familiarity of the face Heechul had drawn, the fact Heechul claimed to be seeing people. And this person in particular and how he appeared to vanish. It was highly improbable to believe such stories, someone couldn't be there one moment but not the next it was simply impossible. In short he believed Heechul was seeing things or something along those lines. 
 
Perhaps it was just paranoia getting to Heechul but either way ZhouMi didn't think Heechul's man existed. Logically thinking about it. he didn't and besides the only times Heechul had seen him was when his sight was hindered, but firstly sleep and then water from the shower he could had easily mistook items and his imagination placed crazy tricks upon his frazzled brain. This was supported seeing as Heechul had been pushed hard due to this project and it was probably just getting to him.
 
ZhouMi figured the stress of the work force was most likely and it may also explain the familiarity as the face being one of the models they were asked to work with. He figured rest would be a great cure or getting out of this house which was where the problems seemed to arise, living alone in this big empty house he figured probably wasn't helping Heechul much. Convinced by his theory ZhouMi figured it would be best if Heechul moved in with him for a while away from this house with its thick air and dark decorations which seemed to drag down on one's soul.
 
"Move in with me..." ZhouMi whispered easily gaining a look of disbelief from Heechul, his eyes practically yelling confusion and a look of 'are you freaking serious?' admittedly ZhouMi hadn't thought it through much but it did make sense in his mind that way he could help the other relax, eat and sleep properly and so such mirages or tricks of the imagination should stop and Heechul would then return back to normal rather than this scared imitation. Not that he didn't love holding the other and protecting him he just missed the Heechul he fell for in the first place. He didn't think Heechul was mad just overworked and without the proper necessities such as sleep.
 
"Not forever. Just until you feel better." ZhouMi added hurriedly, Heechul was still looking at him as if ZhouMi was the one seeing things and with such an attitude filled tone which gave ZhouMi hope he retorted.
 
"I don't need you to act as some nurse to look after me." Heechul grumbled before with a slight grin upon his lips though his face remained as pale as it had been when ZhouMi had rescued the stricken man "Though I wouldn't mind seeing you in a nurse costume." Such erse comment caused an embarrassed squeak and a reddening of cheeks from ZhouMi as he waved his hand dismissively at the other.
 
"Well then I'd have to visit you everyday." ZhouMi declared, Heechul gave a soft sigh and admitted to himself that he would prefer to be in ZhouMi's house than in this hell house which just all in all seem omnious all the time though staying with ZhouMi just increased his feeling of using ZhouMi and the guilt it brang with it. He wished it stayed as friendship now to save the other pain as ZhouMi was a good man and didn't deserve it.
 
"Fine but as long as I'll pay my share of the bills." Heechul said as a bargaining chip, that way it would seem less like using ZhouMi to him. Relucantly ZhouMi agreed with his terms though he didn't seem to realise that it wasn't the house that was the problem and the 'problem' wouldn't settle for being left like that.
 
Fool, I have legs and as if I'd stay here like a good boy whilst you cart him off and woo him. Where he goes I can just follow.

Therion