Chapter Nine

Shivers Down my Spine

I drew the beginning of the prologue.

Last time

But then  as the photographs went on, and the years passed and that boy returned but older he began noticing something about the features. He slowly figured the paper in his pocket which was his drawing.

They were near identical...

He needed sleep he figured.

Chapter Nine

I've lost my lights
I toss and turn I can't sleep at night

--Tainted Love~Soft Cell

Heechul was shown to the guest room, after all ZhouMi felt it too soon to ask if they could share a room, it seemed like a bold move to stay in the same bed. For one thing he wasn't sure he could control his urges with the other so close to him and other reason was the state Heechul had been in earlier made him unsure of keeping his presence so close to the other although Heechul seemed a lt better now. Probably because he was now out of that ghastly house.

That ghastly house with its eerie and thick air to it, it made him wonder how Heechul could even manage living there and going back to that mansion day by day after the work was done. He guessed Heechul wouldn't easily move out considering he wasn't the richest and that mansion may be hard to sell. The only reason he could afford it was because it was owned by him by heritage.

ZhouMi gave Heechul a comforting smile as he showed Heechul around the room acting as if Heechul hadn't stayed over before and knew the room already. But to ZhouMi's defence although Heechul had stayed over it hadn't been planned for so long before so Heechul had only really needed to use the bed before rather than the wardrobe and other features.

But Heechul was neither a child or stupid so he didn't see the need of such actions, it made him feel as if he was being babied. Heechul sighed lightly and kissed ZhouMi's cheeks hoping it would please ZhouMi enough to stop him from talking and send him on his happy way.

And hopefully the speechless part. Long enough to kick him out of the room so he could have some peace  at last, ZhouMi was sweet and all but he could talk for both Korea and China. Fortunately for him his prediction was correct and ZhouMi’s mouth hung open in surprise but with no words leaving them. Heechul carted ZhouMi out as ZhouMi mimicked a tomato well, being quiet, red and still.

By the time ZhouMi returned to reality he had the door closed in front of him, with a soft chuckle he turned towards his bedroom thinking how sly Heechul was. Devious rascal he was, that man, one of the odd ways he liked him so.

Heechul gave a soft sigh as he relaxed back onto the bed looking upwards at the ceiling. Peace at last. Peace from ZhouMi and that odd presence that followed him in that house, he gave a short chortle as he thought up the absurd idea that the mansion had been haunted. It was more likely to be bats or his over active imagination.

Heechul smiled softly as he curled into the bedcovers. They smelt of daisies, so fresh and typical of ZhouMi, he had a long day and a tiring one considering the fright and other such things that had plagued him throughout it so he was quick to fall asleep into which he hoped to have been a peaceful sleep.

However he was sadly mistaken with that.

Fire. Fire filled his dream, flickering like a serpent’s tongue across the road spreading from the car which lay embedded into a lamp post. Heechul watched on in horror, wondering if this was how his parents had died, he ran towards the car his legs leading him despite his body not really knowing where it was supposed to be going.

All he knew was that he wanted to help whoever was there whether it was his parents or otherwise. Coughing as the dark, angry smoke billowed from the crash site and attacked his lungs; he carried on hoping to help whatever survivor was left. Not once thinking about calling for emergency services when he was too caught in the moment to think properly. Too much adrenaline in his blood perhaps but either way he was running towards the fire.

He let out a strangled gasp at the sight in front of him. It was him, that guy he had drawn. He just knew it was. He stood still in front of Heechul looking at him with eyes which seemed deep enough to get lost in; he looked at the car dismissively before beginning to walk towards Heechul.

With a jolt Heechul sat up in the bed, sweat trickling from his forehead as gasping he clung to the bedcovers. Why was that man invading his life so, why wouldn’t he leave him alone even in his dreams? Shakily he covered himself with the blanket, his childish notions of protection still haven’t left him. Leaving seemed like a foolish idea considering how very dark it had gotten so it felt like a better idea to stay safely there despite it being just as safe as anywhere else perhaps even less but again it was his childish thoughts.