Chapter Six

Shivers Down my Spine

Chapter Six

I reach out
But you don't even see me
Even when I scream out
Baby, you don't hear me
I am nothing without you
Just a shadow passing through...

--Invisible~Clay Aiken


You may not see me because you never look... you may not even realise I'm there because you never reach out... you know nothing about me because you never try to... but when I make my presence known you get scared. Why can't you just understand! Understand that I have fallen for you my Cinderella! Why can't you understand but I will make you understand... make you stop running off to him. Because if I can't have you then no one can. You're mine! I'm sorry Mimi that you had to get in the way but what has to be done must be done.
 
When Heechul awoke he felt safe and comfortable inside ZhouMi's arms as after all ZhouMi cared for him enough to come here at an ungodly hour as he called him at. A knight in charming armour and it was just simply good to wake up in another arms after sleeping together in both the innocent and not so innocent way. To be wanted instead of being tossed away or left when he was asleep. It was a good feeling. To not be alone.
 
He curled into ZhouMi's warm chest, ZhouMi was still fast asleep but Heechul was fine with that. It was so soothing to listen to ZhouMi's steady breathes and gentle snores which decided only now and then he wouldn't mind staying like this forever with no coldness, no nightmares and no soft whispers which seem like threats. No feelings of not being alone, being watched.
 
But he had to admit that perhaps he wasn't being fair to ZhouMi, he wasn't in love with the other perhaps not even in like. Perhaps he was just using the other for the warm feeling the other bought to him, the feeling of being wanted, protected and cared for. Perhaps it was just his selfishness for good attention, his want for someone to wait on him. All those years of being abandoned it was good to be an apple of someone's eye.
 
Over time he could fall for the other, ZhouMi was a considerate and handsome young man but for now and until then he would only be leading the other on which was unfair to the Chinese fashion designer being used for comfort and attention but feelings unrequited. It wasn't fair but he wasn't the type to fall instantly in love nor was he the type to be attracted easily. Not that ZhouMi wasn't attractive, ZhouMi was incredibly attractive with his tall, lean figure. Dark eyes, elegant long nose. He looked like some kind of Chinese lord and he had a kind personality and sweet smile.
 
But he had no emotional attraction to the other, if he wasn't so scared he would had felt guiltier but the problem was that he was terrified and that outweighed his guilt for stringing ZhouMi along and playing with his heart and feelings. It was unfair to ZhouMi.
 
"You awake?" ZhouMi questioned opening his eyes slowly only quite managing to keep them half open. He smiled sleepily at the Korean in his arms, to him it was like a dream come true and for a moment he did think it was a dream. Never before had he even figured it was even possible whilst he had always being attracted to Heechul, Heechul had shown no interest in himself. At least in the way he wanted.
 
"How are you feeling?" ZhouMi questioned with a gentle smile which was almost lovingly and it was alarming Heechul in a way. He didn't expect love nor did he know what to do with it. He longerd for it but pushed it away out of fear which could be frustrating to himself as well as others. Not to mention it was increasing his guilt tenfold and he wished he just let them stay in the friend zone now rather taking that step. Just darn.
 
"A lot better now you're here." Heechul answered it was honest seeing as he was comfy with his chin on ZhouMi's chest and ZhouMi seemed to chase away the demons. But guilt struck harder seeing as ZhouMi's cheeks turned bright red and his accent growing stronger out of embarrassment.
 
"I'm glad then." He murmured with a small shy smile pleased with the answer even if he felt embarrassed to him it was a chance. And Heechul could just see he had risen the other's hopes and it was hurting his heart knowing he was leading the other on, he hoped that in the end he wouldn't end up breaking the other's heart. ZhouMi looked at the other "Shall I cook breakfast?" He questioned lightly playing with Heechul's hair, running the strands through his slender fingers.
 
"Are you sure? Aren't you the guest..." Heechul said cautiously ZhouMi just chuckled at the other.
 
"Relax princess, just go freshen yourself up." ZhouMi smiled at Heechul sweetly, he froze lightly when he thought he heard a small hiss but he shrugged it off after all the house was old so it was bound to make odd noises such as creaking, howling due to wind and so hissing should be something explainable.
 
He's my princess, get your own bish.
 
Heechul gave in the end and as ZhouMi was preparing to make breakfast Heechul was preparing for a shower humming softly hoping to wash away his guilt as his face directed towards the spray hoping it would purify his thoughts and just clean his shaken mind. His eyes shut to prevent water getting in them then, he hummed softly as he cleansed himself physically but mentally his mind was just as confused as ever.
 
When he had enough of smothering himself with water and looking like a drowned rat he stepped out of the shower spray and opened his eyes giving a horrified gasp as he saw a distorted shape of a man in the shower glass. The face was hardly distinguishable but he could tell it wasn't ZhouMi. With a yelp he hurriedly opened the shower door ready to run out if needed or scream out but when he did no one was there. Was his mind playing tricks on him? What was going on?