Goodbye

Love Is A Universal Language

-Tori's POV-

"You're studying abroad?"

 

It never occured to me that my decision would affect anyone. I was so sure that no one wanted me around. Leaving would just do everyone a favor. But of course, my bestfriend would be upset. 

 

"Aren't you happy for me? I've always wanted to go out and experience the world"

 

Kevin looked at me with doubts in his eye. I couldn't return the stare. Instead I got up from the swing and walked towards the end of the mulch covered playground. 

 

"Is this what you really want though?"

 

I could hear the worried in his voice. 

 

"Promise" I ignored the crack in my voice.

 

"Well then" Kevin sighed "You know I'll always support you 100%"

 

I looked up just in time to see my bestfriend crack a smile. I am going to miss him. But my decision was final. I'm leaving in a week to study abroad in South Korea. As scared as I was, I needed to be strong. 

 

Smiling back I replied "Cause you're the bestest friend anyone can ask for".

 

 *****

 

This was it. The other passengers started boarding the plane. Hugging Kevin one last time, I made my way toward the entrance. Near the door, I made a quick glance to what I was leaving behind. Kevin stood alone, with a big smile on his face and two thumbs up. 

 

"He really is the only person that cares for me" I thought to myself returning the thumbs up.

 

Allowing a sigh to escape my mouth, I quickly boarded the plane.

 

Goodbye Canada. Hopefully we'll see each other again in the future.

 

I made myself comfortable in my seat. With headphones on, I started the playlist Kevin made for me. I was really never a fan of Korean pop, but considering I was heading to the country of Kpop, I might as well give it another shot.

 

"Excuse me, is this seat taken?"

 

I looked up to see a tall, blond hair man staring at me. Despite the hat that covered his eyes, his facial structure was handsome. 

 

"Oh no, it's all yours if you want" I moved my legs to let the giant claim the window seat.

 

I switched my attention back to the music. Despite my lack of understanding the korean language, the song was fairly catchy. MAMA. MAMA. That was about all my canadian mind understood. Picking up my iPod, I checked the name of the artist.

 

Exo.

 

Hhhmmm, I could get use to their music. It was very...dance-able.

 

"What are you listening to?" 

 

I realized only then how loud I was playing the music. Apologizing, I explained I was trying to get use to the Korean pop that was so popular.

 

"You're heading to South Korea? So am I" He smiled at me. "My name is Kris Wu, by the way".

 

"Victoria Lin. But you can call me Tori"

 

"That's a pretty name. So are you taking a like to Exo?"

 

"You know them?" I didn't try to hide the surprise in my voice.

 

"Let's just say they're pretty popular in Asia" he smirked.

 

"Oh. Maybe I should look into them then" I went back to my iPod. 

 

"Maybe you should"