Friends?

Fight For Your Fame

Ryeowook stumbled through the forest, a rucksack on his back and a bloody dagger clutched in his hands. He was alone.

 

He bit back tears that threatened to escape, trying to get rid of the horrific images in his head.

 

He couldn’t believe that he was gone, he didn’t understand how this had happened, he wanted to know why nobody came to help, why they had just let him die.

 

They let him die. Jongwoon was dead.

 

Ryeowook fell to the floor, a heart wrenching sob tore from his throat. He clutched at the ground, it almost felt as if he would fall if he let go. Without Jongwoon there was nothing to live for.

 

He had never felt a pain like this, he kept on waiting for the pain to kill him too- but it didn’t. He was still here, still alive, letting the waves of pain wash over him. Jongwoon was gone, Ryeowook wanted to be gone too. He didn’t want to be in a world without him.

 

The young singer covered his head with his arms to try and stop the shrieks that ripped through him, but it was no use.

 

‘He must be this way!’

 

Ryeowook hardly heard the voice over his cries, but it was definitely there. He held his breath, silencing himself.

 

‘Are you sure?’

 

‘Positive!’

 

He had no time to work out who the voices belonged to, whoever they were they were looking for him. They had heard him, of course they had. How could he have been so stupid? It was obvious now that some of them were capable of killing their friends, so there was every chance that they could kill him.

 

Ryeowook got up and frantically scaled the tree next to him, he scratched his arms as he climbed, only just managing to get a safe distance above the ground before Kyuhyun and Sungmin stepped out where he had just been.

 

He kept his hands held over his mouth, scared that he would start crying again, giving away his position.

 

Kyuhyun kicked some of the dead leaves, seemingly disappointed. ‘He must have heard us coming.’

 

‘Over that screaming? I doubt it. He probably just moved on.’ Sungmin replied, examining where the plants had been flattened by Ryeowook’s body.

 

‘To  avenge Jongwoon?’

 

‘Most likely. Hopefully Youngwoon will take care of him too so we don’t have to worry about it.’ Sungmin said, almost smiling.

 

Ryeowook was crying again, biting his hand to stop any noise escaping, drawing blood.

 

They had been looking for him, they were going to kill him. They were hoping Youngwoon would kill him for them.

 

He had trusted them! They were friends! On and off stage they were pretty much inseparable, especially him and Kyuhyun. Had their friendship been nothing? Was it so shallow that they would now be able to kill him without a second thought?

 

He felt dizzy, unable to comprehend what he had heard. The world started spinning around him, he suddenly slipped from the branch, only just managing to grab onto it with his arms. Holding on for dear life.

 

He didn’t dare breathe.

 

‘Did you hear that?’ Sungmin hissed, eyes widening.

 

‘Someone must be nearby.’ Kyuhyun uttered in return, his eyes darting around the trees. ‘I don’t want to stay long enough to find out who it is.’

 

Sungmin nodded quickly, there was a chance a killer could be lurking in the shadows.

 

The two vanished into the trees, leaving nothing behind them.

 

Ryeowook carefully pulled himself back onto the branch and sobbed.

 

-

 

The village was deserted. The four had not seen anyone as they made their way through the houses. It was eerily quiet.

 

‘Let’s try in here.’ Henry said softly, breaking the silence. He pointed at a quaint little house, there was smoke floating from the chimney, he was hopeful- it looked like somebody was there.

 

They approached the house and Zhoumi knocked on the door. Nothing. Hesitantly he tried the handle, the door swung open.

 

‘Hello?’ He called into the empty space.

 

The four of them walked into the house, searching for any signs of life, but there was no one to be found.

 

They entered the kitchen where a dying fire sat in the corner. That was the source of the smoke.

 

Heechul sighed and sat down on one of the chairs and glanced around the kitchen. Despite the old fashioned look of the exterior, the inside of the house seemed fairly modern, with shining white surfaces and random decorative items artistically scattered about the room.

 

‘What are we going to do?’  Henry asked worriedly, huddling close to Zhoumi. Of course he was scared, they had all seen Youngwoon attack Jongwoon, they were now wondering who would be the next to attack, which one of their friends would turn into a killer.

 

‘I don’t know Henry, I don’t know.’ He whispered, wrapping his arms around him.

 

‘13 members left.’

 

Henry started crying. Zhoumi and Hangeng stared at each other in shock. He was really dead. First Donghee and now Jongwoon.

 

As much as they hated to admit it the harsh truth hovered over them, two of their beloved friends were dead and the rest of them would soon die too. All of them, but one.

 

After a while of silence Heechul stood up. ‘I’m  hungry.’ He stated with little emotion in his voice. He opened the cupboards and to his surprise there were boxes and boxes of snacks.

 

He pulled a box of crackers out the cupboard and opened them quickly. Hangeng approached him warily. He sniffed the box Heechul had left on the side and gasped, he threw the box to the floor and hit the cracker out of Heechul’s hand before he had the chance to eat it.

 

‘Don’t eat that Rella it’s poisoned!’ He shouted urgently.

 

Heechul blinked at him for a moment, surprised. ‘Thank you.’ He said softly, his voice breaking, his calm exterior cracking.

 

Hangeng wrapped his arms around him, not wanting his dear friend to be upset.

 

‘Poison?’ Zhoumi frowned. ‘Does that mean we can’t eat the food here?’

 

‘Probably.’ Hangeng replied, sitting the now silent Heechul down, keeping one arm wrapped securely around him. ‘But there must be some that’s safe to eat somewhere.’ Because they can’t let the winner starve to death.

 

‘The forest.’ Zhoumi realised. ‘They must have some in there. Fruit. I’ll go.’

 

‘You can’t’ Henry whimpered, fresh tears falling from his eyes.

 

Zhoumi carefully wiped them away. ‘I’ll be okay Henry.’ He smiled. ‘Imagine it like a trip to the shops.’

 

‘But-‘

 

‘Let him go.’ Hangeng interrupted, he didn’t like the idea either but they had to find food or they’d have zero chance of survival. ‘Me and Rella will search the other buildings.’

 

‘Come on Henry, you can have a rest, I’ll be back before you know it.’ Zhoumi said encouragingly. ‘Heechul and Hangeng won’t be far away either.’

 

Henry looked down but then nodded, knowing he didn’t have any other choice. ‘I’ll see you soon?’ He tried to smile.

 

‘Very soon.’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why are you so sure? huhuhuhu.

Okay who knows what will happen- oh wait I do :3

The more of this I write the more of my feels I destroy ;A;

Dead so far- Donghee, Jongwoon

Please comment and subscrible! <3 Thank you for reading even though I proof read NOTHING c: