Enemies.

Fight For Your Fame

The village was as dead as it was when they arrived.

 

Zhoumi was scared, terrified even. He knew at any moment he could be killed, after all he was out in the open.

 

He didn’t let any sign of his fear slip through in front of Henry, if he had known how scared he was there would have been no chance of being allowed to go to look for food and they would all starve.

 

Finally he reached the field, carefully jumping across the mines and landing safely on the grass. The rest of the members had disappeared, where exactly was unknown.

 

Jongwoon’s body was gone, his heart sunk as he thought of poor Ryeowook, out there alone. Zhoumi quickly ran across the field to avoid the painful memories, finding relief in the cover of the trees.

 

He stopped running and started to search, there had to be some kind of fruit in these trees, apples, berries, anything would do so long as they could eat it.

 

For what seemed like hours he walked, searching high and low without success. He sighed and lent against a tree to rest.

 

Only now did he notice how thirsty he was, of course he hadn’t drunk anything since they got here. There had been water in the field; he had seen it, what an idiot. If he hadn’t been so scared of his own mind he wouldn’t be in this situation. But he couldn’t turn back now- he had to find food, Henry had to survive.

 

He pushed away from the tree and started his new search, listening carefully for any sound of running water.

 

The sun that filtered through the trees slowly became unbearable, too hot on his unprotected skin. His throat felt like sandpaper. Surely it had not been this hot before. His vision seemed to fade in and out of focus, he had to find water.

 

He used the trees as support to stop himself from falling, but it was no good. He collapsed to the ground, gasping. His head was pounding, his mouth was dry. He shut his eyes and accepted that this was the end, he felt awful that he wasn’t able to get food for the others, now they would starve.

 

I’m sorry Henry. He thought to himself as he listened to the sounds of the forest, trying to ignore the burning in his throat.

 

Just then he heard a sound…surely he was imagining it. Running water. He lifted his head slightly and listened again, no, it was there. He forced himself off of the ground and stumbled towards the source of the noise.

 

He could hardly see where he was going, he tripped and fell again. But as threw his hands out to catch himself he landed in the water.

 

He let out a strangled cry of happiness and started gulping down the water as fast as possible, as unhealthy as it was he couldn’t help himself. He immediately felt better.

 

Once he had had his fill he realised that it was getting dark. There was no time to head back now, he needed to find shelter.

 

Zhoumi stood up and started to search for some kind of cave he could hide in, just in case…just in case one of them decided to kill him. He didn’t have to travel too far from the stream when he found a small opening, he slipped inside.

 

It was dark but didn’t go back very far so there was no chance of anybody hiding in the shadows. He lay down on the uncomfortable ground, trying to escape the images of all of his friends dying as he fell asleep.

 

-

 

When morning came around he was relieved to find that no voice had woken him up with news of death, but then he realised how thirsty and hungry he was. Knowing he could at least find water quickly he carefully made his way out of the cave and back to the stream.

 

As he drank he decided to turn back the way he came on his search, in case he went too far and wouldn’t be able to find his way back.

 

The search was harder this time, for hunger was taking over. But he couldn’t give in. It may have been hours or minutes, he couldn’t tell, before he came across another sign of life.

 

Voices, he could hear voices. He quickly hid himself. As much as he hated to think it, he couldn’t ignore the thoughts that they could attack and kill him.

 

‘You really are a genius Kyuhyun.’ That was Sungmin’s voice.

 

The two stepped out mere inches from where Zhoumi was hidden, he held his breath.

 

‘Haha thanks Min.’ They looked healthy, and somehow, they looked happy.

 

‘So wait, explain to me again how you did it? Because honestly when you use all that tech talk I have no idea what you’re saying.’ Sungmin pouted cutely. Zhoumi couldn’t believe how normally they were behaving.

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes in mock annoyance. ‘Well, I took the mines from the dirt patch and found that they had a timer on. I came up with a perfect way to take out some of our competition.’

 

‘Yes, yes a perfect idea Kyuhyun, get on with it.’

 

‘So, I buried them underneath a few of the houses in the village because I knew some of them had run off that way.’ Kyuhyun finished with a smirk.

 

‘Ka-boom!’ Sungmin grinned.

 

‘Ka-boom.’ Kyuhyun replied and they both laughed and continued on their way. Unaware that their band mate had been watching them the whole time.

 

Zhoumi waited a nanosecond for the two to be out of sight before he turned and ran the way he came. They could probably hear him, unlike before he didn’t have the time to be careful, he pushed past small branches and stepped on twigs in his desperate attempt to get back.

 

 I’m going to die.

 

When he finally reached the field he could only think I’m going to die. As he sprinted across the grass and dropped the gun he was carrying, I’m going to die. As he jumped across the mined ground, we’re all going to die. As he ran through the village, Henry’s going to die.

 

‘HENRY! HENRY!’ He shouted long before he had even reached the house he had left him in. He kept yelling as the house came into sight, he was glad to see the house was still there, there was still a chance to get him out.

 

‘HENRY!’

 

Henry’s relieved face appeared at the upstairs window, glad to see that he was unharmed.

 

He didn’t have time to find out what Zhoumi was trying to warn him about.

 

Zhoumi was thrown onto his back by the force of the explosion. He shielded his face from the heat with his arms. ‘HENRY!’ he screamed, trying to see through the flames and smoke.

 

Debris rained down around him, nothing was left of the house. ‘HENRY! NO HENRY!’ he tried to get closer to the destruction, he didn’t want to accept that it was too late.

 

‘PLEASE ANSWER ME! HENRY! COME BACK!’ He cried, coughing as his lungs filled with smoke as he struggled to find his lost friend.

 

12 members left.’

 

‘Henry…No...’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally an update! Sorry it took so long;;

Betcha thought Mimi was going to die didn't ya? Wrong.

Thanks for reading!

This hurts my feels :c
 

Dead so far: Donghee, Jongwoon, Henry.