A Golden Lady

Reincarnation

Prince Yi Jeong's drawing of Ga Eul! Hint, hint. Not the Ga Eul of the past, but Ga Eul of the future! I'll explain later^^

 

-1425- (Joseon Dynasty)

 

Aish...” Prince Yi Jeong scratched his head. Reading books gave him a splitting headache. As much as he enjoyed reading books, looking at written pages for several hours hurt his eyes. This is what the Crown Prince does? Study day and night? He shook his head and sighed.

 

Crown Prince, do you want some tea to drink? I could get some for you.” The servant quickly put his head down.

 

Yes, and do it quickly!” Prince Yi Jeong demanded. He felt irritated, cranky, and tired. He didn't even have time to go to the forest and meet with Ga Eul again. Ga Eul, Ga Eul, Ga Eul. Her name is so beautiful and it suits her so well. He had to meet her, but how?

 

Here's your tea, sir.” A woman said from behind him. He quickly turned around and gasped.

 

Ga Eul!” Ga Eul looked up for a split second and quickly bowed down.

 

What are you doing here?”

 

I came by to give you tea, that is all. I have to get back to work, sir.” She bowed down politely again.

 

Aw, so you won't stay?”

 

I'm afraid not, sir.” Ga Eul couldn't help but smile a little.

 

Alright, go back to your work. But you will be in the forest later in the afternoon, yes?”

 

Yes, of course sir!”

 

Good. I'll be there.” Prince Yi Jeong quickly opened up one of the books that were on his desk.

 

I'll be going now.” Ga Eul bowed her head and left. As soon as she left, Prince Yi Jeong closed his book and his eyes.

 

Ga Eul...” The word felt sweet to his lips.

 

~~

 

It was late in the afternoon and Prince Yi Jeong yawned as he stretched.

 

I'm done reading everything.” Prince Yi Jeong said to his servant.

 

Everything, Crown Prince?”

 

Yes everything! Do you not believe me?” The servant gulped.

 

Of-of-o-f-f course I do. You truly are amazing!”

 

Yes, and I would like to spend the rest of my day off in the forest. I hear it is nice and cool there!”

 

Of course, Crown Prince.”

 

So Prince Yi Jeong and a few servants set off to the forest. It was sunny, but a chilly day. He saw Ga Eul again, sitting by the small river washing clothes.

 

Ga Eul-yang!” He called and waved.

 

Oh, Crown Prince!” Ga Eul quickly stood up and bowed down.

 

Okay, now. I am going to help this pretty little lady, so shoo! Shoo!” Prince Yi Jeong shooed away his servants.

 

But sir...” They both groaned

 

Leave! Or you'll both be gone forever!” The servants knew he meant it so they quickly scurried off. Prince Yi Jeong smirked of satisfaction.

 

So now... where were we?” They both spent hours of talking, laughing, and even some splashing. When Ga Eul laughed, everything the world seemed brighter. Or at least that is what Prince Yi Jeong thought. They finally settled down as Prince Yi Jeong was staring at the clear, blue sky while Ga Eul was drying the clothes by hanging it over a large tree.

 

Tell me about your family, Ga Eul.” Ga Eul looked at him. Prince Yi Jeong continued to stare at the sky.

 

Uh, well. My father died when I was little. And my brother he disapp--” Prince Yi Jeong looked at her. Ga Eul suddenly could find the right words to say. “He, uh. Died too.”

 

I'm sorry for your loss.” Prince Yi Jeong looked sincere about what he said.

 

It's okay. I still have people who care for me, anyway.”

 

Like who?”

 

Like... you.” Ga Eul blushed and Prince Yi Jeong smiled. They stared at each other for a long time. Ga Eul coughed uncomfortably.

 

Well, uh. I better fold these clothes and put them back in the basket.” She stood up to grab the clothes and sat back down as she folded them neatly. Prince Yi Jeong stared at her with mesmerizing eyes. He quickly took out a book with empty blank pages and something to write with. Prince Yi Jeong closed his eyes for a few seconds and then sighed deeply. He started to write.

 

September 28th, 1425

~You're beautiful,

Magnificent.

Amazes me everyday.

With a bittersweet smile, 

you glow brighter than the sun.

You're a bright crimson red and an exotic yellow with a tint of green.

A Golden Lady,

Ga Eul.~

 

After that, he turned to a random page and began to draw. He was drawing someone, but he wasn't sure who. He drew long, lucsious hair, a face that was petite, eyes that were a little sad, and soft lips.

 

Ga Eul...” He whispered. The girl he just drew looked a lot like her except for the fact that girls usually don't keep their hair down like that way. They usually kept it in tight braids, or buns. He chuckled. Ga Eul, curious to see what he was working so hard on in his book for the last hour finally turned around.

 

What are you doing, sir?”

 

Me? I was writing and drawing. Or sketching.”

 

Drawing?”

 

You are allowed to take a peek at my wonderful creation.” Prince Yi Jeong beamed. Ga Eu went over to look. Her Bambi-like eyes widened

 

A girl, sir? Do you like her a lot?” Ga Eu asks, staring at him with big, brown eyes.

 

Yes. She's a Golden Lady.”

 

But, who is it, sir? Her hair is quite different and unique.” Prince Yi Jeong smiled his cute dimples.

 

You.”

 

Author's Note: Sorry for any grammatical mistake I made! From now on, it will be back to back from past to present to help you understand the secrets that will slowly be unfolded. Yes, the book that Prince Yi Jeong wrote and drew in is exactly what the Grandfather gave to YI JEONG, 2011!

And, I put the year 1425, but I'm going to change it. It's way too... early.  Anyway, Prince Yi Jeong is now also called Crown Prince, so don't get confused!

And for my Past, Present, and the Future readers, I'm updating in August with four brand new chapters that is mind-blowing, so wait and see!

Subscribe and comment on what you think of it below! And guess what might happen in the next chapter, which takes place in 2011. Since Yi Jeong found out a lot about Prince Yi Jeong, will he team up with Ga Eul to find out what really happened back then and maybe even clear Prince/King Yi Jeong's name? Happy Reading^^ (Sorry again for a boring chapter. I know I keep promising, but I'm kind of noticing that the story is more interesting in 2011)