When We Were Seven

Now or Never

Authors Note*: Here's chapter 1! I'm writing this really late at night so please excuse my grammar. If anything doesn't make sense, comment and I will answer your questions(: thanks!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Me. Jessica Jung. I was considered as a social outcast amongst my grade because, well, I was different. Unlike the other children who loved to play on the slides, monkey bars, or even a small ball game, I, however, sat by myself on my favorite swing set doing my own activity, reading. 

But it all changed that one summer day...

-Flashback-

At the age of seven

It was a very special day for children like me. We had all been waiting for this this racing event, afterall there was a prize involved. Anyway, like usual, I sat on my swing, reading my book. You see, I was nothing like the other children; I was forced by my mother to enlarge my reading and writing capabilities, and was not allowed to have any fun. I terribly envied those children. At least I knew that there would be no one bothering me. I mean, seriously, no one would want to talk to a dorky, ombre-colored hair who always had a pony-tail and big, round glasses, right? 

I thought no one would come near me, but I was wrong. A group of boys approached me and tore the book out of my hands. They repeatedly yelled, "four-eyes, four-eyes!" Then many more children came and pushed me to the ground, and eventually my glasses fell on the ground and the lens cracked. Nothing was going right that day: my book ripped, my clothes dirty, my glasses shattered, and worst of all, I would be spanked by my mother for not being able to defend myself. I dropped to the ground with my hands over my tear-streaked face and cried and cried. The kids around did not stop laughing. In fact, they continued to laugh and point' pushing me around. There was nothing that I could do; I was the weakest child in this cruel world, or so I thought. 

The beatings and mocking continued to get worse as no one wanted to save me. But out of nowhere, it became silent- the jokes stopped and the hits were no longer there. Instead, I hear a sweet voice asking if I was okay; it was a boy who saved me. Immediately, I fell in love with my new savior, and I no longer felt afraid, even if I could not see his face due to my broken glasses. This wonderful boy offered to be my partner in the sack race, which no one has ever asked me to do before. We jumped and jumped, and won! That's right! The 'loser' girl that I had always been called had finally won a race. Our prize was a pair of lockets- mickey and  minnie mouse with the label of "Best Friends".  This was the best day of my life since I had finally made a friend. He then did the most unexpected thngs that made my heart skip a few beats; he pulled me in for a hug and gave me a kiss on the forhead. After this kind gesture, he thanked me and introduced himself as Yuri Kwon. I also introduced myself as Jessica Jung. The last sentence he ever said was "Well, Jessica Jung, you are the best, prettiest, and nicest person I have ever met, and I promise you, I will marry you one day." And with that his parents took him away. 

Even to this day, I can not thank Yuri for making me a stronger person and for giving me a goal to live for. Like our necklaces show; I'm the Minnie to his mouse and he's the Mickey to my mouse, and I will definitely wait for him forever. Even at that young age, I knew for sure that fate will soon bring us together once again. 

-End of Flashback-

To this day, Minnie is still around my neck, waiting together for our lovers to return to our sides.