Misunderstandings

My Life with You

Check hair. Looks good. Check breath. Yuck, I’ll just eat a breath mint. Today I just have a really good feeling. For some reason, I just feel so happy with so much energy building up.  Do you ever have that feeling before? It’s kind of scary because you are just so happy for no apparent reason.

 Anyway, the audition for the school musical is coming up in a few days. I’m really nervous because it can do a lot of things for universities. That’s not the only reason why I’m doing it (unlike some people *coughSumincough*), it’s not for the attention. It sounds really fun to do. Dancing and singing with your friends and then preforming it in front of a crowd. You feel so proud of yourself because people are cheering you on. I wonder if that’s the reason why Taemin, Kai, and Krystal perform with SMTOWN.

For the audition I want it emotional but not sad. When people think it’s emotional, they usually choose a sad song so they cry in it. I want it to b different with lots of passion. My voice is decent. Not extremely bad (key word is extremely) but it could pass. I know Taemin is doing a dance for his audition. Typical Taemin. Well, he is an amazing dancer though.

I was to busy thinking about the audition until I heard a question pop up.

“Mihyun, can I talk to you?”

I looked up and got disappointment. It was Seohun. Don’t get me wrong, Seohun is a nice person to be around but I’m not exactly close with her. I was actually hoping it was Taemin (or even Joon…)

“Sure,” I said putting on a smile. I was really nervous though. When people ask me that, it’s usually not something good.

“Why is Taemin so close to you?” asked Seohun. Oh no, she’s getting jealous. I can see it in her eyes.

“Well, we’re best friends ever since we were little,” I answered.

“But you two are so different,” said Seohun.

“Not exactly. We just have a few differences. He likes dancing while I like drawling. He’s quiet I’m talkative. Taemin is a boy and I’m a girl,” I said.

“Psh! I know that he’s a boy!” said Seohun.

“Haha. Sorry,” I said. “Why are you asking?”

“Did you ever wonder that you are spending too much time with Taemin?” said Seohun.

“No why?” I said.

“You spent most of your life with him and now he needs a new person to share it with,” said Seohun.

“I’m only fourteen! My life isn’t even half over yet! I really don’t mind sharing him Seohun. He can have two girls in his life. Oh wait! Three girls in his life or maybe four! Don’t forget that he also likes other people too besides you!” I said. Argh! This girl is driving me crazy! She’s basically asking me to leave Taemin so she can have him all by herself!

I walked away and sat in a corner in the library. Now I’m in a bad mood. She ruined my only free period! Calm down Mihyun. It’s really not a big deal. How about you calm down writing in your diary?

 

Dear Diary,

Long time no writing right? Sorry, I was busy… Here’s an update of my life.

I’m just having mixed emotions right now. Taemin has a girlfriend and I’m really happy that he’s happy too. You know Seohun remember? That girl in sixth grade that always wore pigtail braids. She’s nice and all but she’s just really possessive. Believe me, I learned that hard way. Remember, never ever borrow her pencil and accidently lost it.  You do not want to hear crying over a “dead” pencil.

Kai is just Kai. Nothing really happening so far. Weird as usual.  He joined the soccer team and even made it! He was jumping around and hugging everyone in sight. Should I tell him that it was the freshmen soccer team and everyone makes it?

Krystal is still looking at cute guys. Still teasing boys but never dating them. She just leaves them with a small bit of hope.

An audition is coming and I really need a song to sing. Hope it comes to me soon. Time is running out.

Yours truly,

Mihyun

 

I closed my diary and breathed in and out. For people with lots of emotions, try writing a diary because it’s a great way of letting it out peacefully. The period was over and I headed out to my next class. Math. It’s the best class of the day in my opinion. The subject is okay but it’s even better when your best friends are in it too.

I walked quickly to Ms. Son’s classroom and sat down in my usual seat in the back. Just then Taemin walked in with a blank expression.

“Mihyun?” asked Taemin.

“Yes?” I said.

“Did you yell at Seohun?” said Taemin.

“No. I was just talking loudly. If I yell in a library, I would have angry librarians after my body,” I said.

“Well Seohun said that you hurt her feelings,” said Taemin.

“Your kidding right. What did I say that hurt her feelings?” I asked.

“That she was a b***** and she should break up with me,” said Taemin.

“Aish this girl! I never said that! Basically all I said was that Taemin can have other people in his life besides her,” I said.

“But Seohun said-“

“Taemin! You dated her for a few weeks now. You started actually talking to her when you started dating. I have known you since you said your first word. Who do you trust more?” I said.

Taemin opened his mouth but then closed it as if rethinking his answer. I don’t believe him! He told me every single secret and I never told anyone yet he doesn’t even trust me?

I glared at him and turned toward the front of the board. Kai and Krystal missed the whole entire conversation so sat down next to us as if everything was normal.

“Just what guys! I heard that there’s a special trip for each grade every single year. The freshmen class go camping for a few days to work on teamwork,” said Kai excitedly.

“I heard that it’s the best trip ever. You have to go on it. If you don’t, you will regret it your whole entire life,” said Krystal.   

“Yeah it does sound like fun. But how can you do teamwork exercises if there was no trust,” I said. Taemin just stayed in his seat and continued to look forward.

“Like a great person said, ‘Trust is knowing that when a team member does push you, they're doing it because they care about the team,’” said Krystal.

“Class, please take out you pens and pencils. We will be starting a new unit today,” said Ms. Son.

The class went quiet. Some went to sleep (Kai) while some others paid attention (Krystal). I hid a yawn and stared off into space. I already learned this over the summer. Kyuhyun had to tutor me to prep me for high school when really, he taught me 90% of it.

As I was half staring off into space I could help look at Taemin. I did sound a little harsh but I speak my mind. What really made me mad was that Seohun changed our conversation around. I never said any of those words! Is Seohun a different person then her image? She always seemed so caring yet she totally made me look bad.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I’m at home actually doing homework instead of doing it last minute. Surprise surpise! I finished within two hours and started looking for a song. I like songs that tell a story and deep meaning to it. However, music these days are just dupstep and autotune. I need help.

 

Mihyun: Krystal! I need help.

Krystal: What’s up?

Mihyun: the celing

            Jkjk I need to pick a song for the audition.

Krystal: Oh that?

            So much work! This is why I joined stage crew. Easy credits.

Mihyun: Just help me.

Krystal: okay okay!

            Knowing you. You want an a song with lots of feelings.

            How about hyuna’s bubble pop?

Mihyun: .....

Krystal: lol jk

            Ice cream?

Mihyun: Krystal!

Krystal: sorry.

            1000 years by your side?

Mihyun: But Taemin sings that with Shinee.

            That would be weird.

Krystal: it does have some meaning to it.

            It matches you.

Mihyun. Fine.

            Thanks for helping.

Krystal: np

 

1000 years by your side? When I first heard it, I feel in love with it. It talks about how no matter how far we are; memories will always be with you. I will be always at your side. Krystal does have a knack of doing this stuff. Okay, I’ll sing this.

I practiced for an hour or so and went to sleep. Taemin didn’t even talk to me after math class. He just left and walked home with Kai. That last thought in my mind was debating whether if our friendship is ending over a stupid topic.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Oh my gosh. I have a terrible headache. It’s just searing pain through my head. I have to go to school today! I have two test and I really don’t want to make them up. Come on Mihyun force yourself to be stronger.

It took a lot of will power to get up and put on the uniform. I walked to the kitchen and unfortunately my mom spotted that something was wrong.

“Sweetie, are you okay?” my mom said while she felt my forehead.

“I’m fine mom,” I said as I forced a smile. Knowing my mom. If she knew I was feeling sick, she would call the whole entire hospital to check on me.

I walked over to the cabinet and looked for something to eat. Surprisingly. I’m not hungry. I’ll probably skip this once. It work hurt anyone.

I went to school and went to Science. My headache got worse and Sumin wasn’t helping either.

“Mihyun pay attention!” or “Mihyun you look terrible today. Well, even worse.” Be quiet Sumin. Can’t you be quiet for once?

School went by terribly.  I don’t even think I passed my test I took. It wasn’t even worth it. My high school loves putting on the heat when it’s getting chilly out.

“Mihyun, are you okay?” asked Krystal.

“Yeah,” I said. I stood up to throw my lunch away because I wasn’t hungry again. As I stood up, I swayed. Everything went blurry and I had a hard time breathing. “I don’t feel good…”

Krystal jumped up and caught my waist.  She looked at my face worriedly and felt my forehead. Whatever she felt it wasn’t good because I heard, ”oh no.”

Well, I don’t really know what happen because it went dark.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I groaned, feeling like I was on fire. Everything was really fuzzy and my head weighs like a ton. I could barely lift up my arms.

“Careful!”

I slowly turned my head and saw the nurse.

“You have a fever and your blood sugar was low,” said the nurse. “Please try to eat all your meals especially when you’re sick.”

“Thank goodness you’re okay!” said Krystal as she walked in the room. “Luckily I had help to carry you here. You weigh a freaking ton!”

“How helped you?” I asked.

Krystal pointed at a body in the shadows. The person walked into the light and showed his face. Taemin.

Taemin? Why?

“I’m sure you are fine Mihyun. Just stay here for a few minutes until school is over,” said the nurse.

When the nurse left, Taemin walked up to me and felt of forehead.

“You should be fine in a few days,” whispered Taemin. I don’t know why but tears started to come up. I turned my head to hide them.

“You were passed out for two hours! Do you know how scared we were?” said Krystal. “Kai popped in here during lunch but he had to leave because of a soccer game.”  

I nodded and sniffled a yawn. I didn’t hide it very well because Krystal told me to go to sleep. I wasn’t tired though. I really just yawn at randomly (I’m not weird…) Krystal left to pack up her things leaving Taemin and I alone.

“Your temperature was 99.4,” said Taemin breaking the silence. “How long have you been sick?”

“I haven’t been,” I stated, holding my head as it gave a nasty throb.

Taemin went to get me some Tylenol for my headache. I took it gratefully and sank onto the pillows. I couldn’t help but notice his eyes. He’d been really worried about me. Wow.

“Taemin. Thank you for helping,” I said.

“No problem. That’s what friends do right,” said Taemin.

“Friends shouldn’t help their friend if they you,” I said. Taemin stood up and sat closer to me holding my hand.

“Except they get stronger by forgiving right?” said Taemin.

I turned my head and put it against his chest. “I’m sorry.” Tears started to trickle down my face. He hugged me closer and I went to sleep peacefully.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi!! I haven't updated in a long time but I hope this chapter was worth the wait.

So many comebacks are coming and I am so happy! But I get really distracted....

Kisses and Hugs!!

~sujualltheway13