A Magical Time

My Life with You

“5, 6, 7, 8. Step Step 1,2,3. Shuffle, slide, and turn. Again!”

Who knew doing a musical was so hard? My school was doing a musical modern day version of Romeo and Juliet. Sounds really fun at first, but there is back breaking practice to prefect it.

“Seohun, stop blanking off! If you are going to be in this show, then begin paying attention!” yelled Mr. Moon. I feel really bad for him. Rumor has it that lots of school administrative are watching and it’s going to be broadcasted on TV so he has a lot of stress riding on his shoulders.  “Taemin, can you go help her improve her dancing?”

Taemin nodded and went toward Seohun. “Seohun, here’s how to do the dance moves in this set. First you st-“

“I know how to do it Taemin! I just forgot!” said Seohun. She turned around and started practicing with her other friends.

“Rude much?” I said when Taemin walked over. “How long have you guys been like this?”

“A few weeks,” said Taemin. “She’s really getting on my nerves lately.”

“Break up with her then,” I said. “Don’t be around someone if they making your life terrible.”

“I hang out with you all my life don't I?” said Taemin. I slapped Taemin on the arm and stuck out of tongue.

“Are you two going to keep on bickering or start practicing?” shouted Mr. Moon.

“Mianhe!”

I laughed as I quickly walked away from Taemin. Well, maybe a little too quickly because I immediately ran into someone’s chest.

“Oompf!”

I glanced up and turned bright red. Why of all people did it have to be Joon? Joon smiled and pulled out his hand. I gratefully took it and stood up.

“Thanks,” I mumbled as I brushed off dust off my clothes.

“No problem,” said Joon. “Why is that every time I see you, you bump into me?”

“Sorry,” I said.

“Hahaha. It’s okay. Listen, I wanted to ask you for a while now, but can I have your number?” said Joon.

“Sure,” I said. Joon held out a piece of paper and I wrote on it their.

“Thanks,” said Joon. He looked like he was about to say more but he was interrupted by a loud voice.

“PRACTICE EVERYONE!! 5, 6, 7, 8. STEP STEP. 1, 2 3. SHUFFLE, SLIDE, AND TURN. OKAY AGAIN!!”

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

“MIHYUN!! Phone for you,” yelled Kyuhyun. Aish, there so much yelling today. I think my ears are going to go death. I grabbed the phone from Kyuhyun and ran back to my room.

“Yobosayo?”

“Hey Mihyun. This is Joon.”

“Oh hi!” I said.

“Did I interrupt something?” asked Joon. Aww! How sweet!

“No, I was getting really bored actually,” I answered.

Joon chuckled. “Anyway I was wonder if…”

“If what?” I questioned when he trailed off.

“Um...do you want to go out with me on Friday? There’s a show going on near the Han River,” said Joon.

“A show?” I asked.

“Yeah.”

“Sure, when should we go?”

I heard Joon breathe out of relief on the other side of the line. “After rehearsal?”

“Can’t wait!” I replied. We ended up talking for another hour about the most random topics. However, we had to stop because I had to do homework. So responsible of me… Joon promised me that he would talk to me later and I blushed just thinking about it.

I am going out with my dream guy, Joon! Woohoo!!

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

The date with Joon went like a blast. It was absolutely ideal in every single way. Joon made the date so much fun as much I enjoy hanging out with Taemin. Now, the rehearsals are so much fun to attend, even with Mr. Moon does make us practice for hours.

With Joon being my boyfriend, he hangs out with my best friends. Kai completely approved of my choice since they are both on the soccer team together and Krystal even said that he was cute. We sit together at lunch with Taemin on my right and Joon on my left. Seohun doesn’t even come near Taemin anymore (I’m not complaining though.)

Life couldn’t be any perfect right now. Well, in fact it does! This month is where wishes come true; kids get to play outside in the snow, and bonding time. It’s Christmas everyone!! It’s the best time of the year!

Right now I’m shopping with Kai, Krystal, and Taemin for our Christmas gifts. Every year, it’s our tradition to buy each other gifts. I’m adding another name to my list though, because he gained a place in my heart.

“Are you going to buy a present for Seohun?” I asked.

Taemin shrugged. “I guess. “

“Talk to her,” I urged.

“But we’ll just end up fighting again!” said Taemin. That was a bit too loud about we are in the mall surround my lots of people. Not the best idea.

“Look, there she is right now,” I said pointing her out across the crowd. She was with her clique talking to this upperclassman who happens to be playing my father in the play. His name is Jack, he moved here from Great Britain for an exchange program.

“Taemin, you look like a child when he is separated from his mom. Your relationship isn’t going to fix by itself,” I said.

“Then you go talk to her,” said Taemin. His face fell as Seohun giggled at something Jack said.

“Just talk to her,” I hissed.

“Let’s just go and buy our presents. Kai and Krystal already left without us,” Taemin said. I rolled my eyes and walked around the mall.

What would Joon want? I just dated him a few weeks ago and all I know that he loves sports. Hmmm, I’ll skip that for now. Taemin? I saw him staring at this guitar a few weeks ago, how about that?

“Hey Taemin. I’m going to go off on my own now,” I said.

“Okay. You don’t want me to see my present early right?” teased Taemin. I smirked and walked away to find a music store.

I walked around the corner and saw one right away, Music World & More. Perfect. I entered the store and was immediately greeted by a employee.

“Hello, my name is Melinda. Do you need help finding something today?” said the smiley girl.

“Hello. Yes, I do need help,” I said. “Do you happen to have any 6-string acoustic guitars?”

“We sure do!” said Melinda. “Most of our acoustic guitars been sold out already because of the holiday season, but there is three more guitars left. So lucky you!”

She lead me to the back of the store and showed me the few guitars left. I gasped because one of the guitars was the exact replica of the one Taemin was staring at.

“How much is that one?” I asked.

“ Oh the acoustic guitar vintage sunburst one?” said Melinda. “That one cost $3499.”

I choked on air. “3499!”

“Yes, but because of the holidays, we have this these guitars 80% off,” said Melinda.

I quickly did the math in my head. $3499 with 80% off is $700. It was expensive but better than 3499 dollars. I looked in my purse and pulled out of wallet. I counted the amount of money in it and got only 150 dollars. I wasn’t expecting 700 dollars to pop out of my wallet but I was sure hoping it would.

“Could you hold his for two weeks until I have enough money to pay for it?” I asked. I know a job where you can get a lot of money. By two weeks, I’ll have enough money.

“Sure!” said Melinda. “Thanks for shopping here. I would be surprised if you hade 700 dollars in your wallet.”
I laughed and waved good-bye. She was nice. I might come back here one day.

So I’m getting Taemin a guitar. What should I get for Kai? My answer came right away when I saw the perfect shirt for Kai. It said, “Real Men do Ballet” on it. This describes Kai so well. I should get Kai another gift since Taemin got an extremely expensive one. I walked around the mall some more and I brought Kai a new phone case. It was red with black lettering that says,” Eat Sleep Dance.”

Now on to Krystal’s gift. Knowing her, she would want something girly but at the same time boyish. She is really complicated like that. For her girly side, I got Krystal her favorite perfume from her favorite makeup company. It’s the scent of vanilla with some fruity smells to it. For her boyish side, I got her a crop top that is black with white words that state,” I love my attitude. Deal with it.” I am such a great gift picker.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Today is the night before Christmas and I am going to this Christmas Party, which almost everyone in my grade is going too. After that, I’m holding a sleepover with Kai, Krystal, and Taemin. This is going to be so much fun!

“Mihyun! Get your in this car right now!” yelled Krystal.

“Alright! I’m coming,” I said rushing down the stairs. I climbed into the car where everyone was waiting for me.

“Hey Mihyun!” said Joon.

“Hey!” I gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

“Ready everyone?” asked Bae appa aka Taemin’s dad. “Let’s go!!” He drove us to the house where the Christmas party was held at and parked on the side. Music was already being played loud and I could hear a ton of voices.

“What time do you want to be picked up?” asked Bae.

“We’ll just walk home appa,” said Taemin. Bae nodded and drove away.

Joon took my hand and rang the doorbell.

Jack opened the door and grinned at us. “Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas! Welcome to the party guys!” He shouted.

“Hey Jack,” said Joon.

We walked in the house with loud music and dancing kids.

“I’m going to find Seohun. She said that she’s meet me here,” said Taemin. Joon was dragged away with his sports friends so I was all-alone.

“Let me come help you,” I said while trailing behind Taemin. We tried navigating around the sea of bodies only to get blocked.

“Where is she?” asked Taemin. I shrugged and continued to look around. Then I spotted the door to the backyard was open.

“Could she be out there?” I asked as we walked towards it.

Taemin shrugged as we pasted couples making out in the garden. Eww, aren’t you a little to young to be sticking your tongue into someone else’s mouth?”

I only saw a few people out there so I turned around and went back inside until I heard the sound of Seohun laughing. I turned to Taemin and saw him freeze up. I just had a really bad feeling about his.

We walked around the garden again then spotted Seohun in a corner. Not by herself of course but with Jack. Her back was pressed up to a wall while Jack was between her legs holding her hips up. They were so close together that I couldn’t even their faces. It was so gross.

I glanced at Taemin and boy was he mad. His jaw was tight while his eyes flashed with anger. He just stood there his neck vein popping out so I decided to break up the unpleasant sight in front of us.

“Seohun!” I shouted. Seohun and Jack broke apart and her face went pale. Jack, who sensed something was wrong, dropped Seohun accidently.

“Taemin I-“

“Don’t even start with the excuses Seohun,” said Taemin. “Just tell me why though?”

“Because you don’t give me enough attention!” said Seohun. “You always spend time with Mi-“

“Are you kidding me? The ‘I spend too much time with Mihyun’ card? Maybe if you got along with my friends, we could have spent more time then!” snapped Taemin.

“Fine! We’re over!” screamed Seohun. “You were getting boring anyway.”

Taemin shrugged. “Okay.” Just like that, he turned around and walked away.

“Wait!” Seohun shouted, stopped us from walking away. “That’s it? You’re not going to fight me?”

“I was planning on breaking up with you anyway,” said Taemin. “You just made my job so much easier. Besides, I don’t date s.”

My jaw dropped. This is a new side of Taemin I have never seen before. With that last sentence, he turned and left.

“That was interesting,” I said breaking the silence.

“Well, I had to do something to defend myself right?” said Taemin. “I can’t just let her walk all over me.”

I hugged Taemin. “You are growing up to be so much like me!”

“Sometimes I worry about it,” mumbled Taemin.

“Guys! This party is so loud and annoying,” said Krystal walking towards us.

“Yeah, can we just go to our sleepover now?” said Kai.

I glanced at Taemin and we exchanged a conversation with our eyes.

“Yeah, let’s just spend time with our best friends together,” I said.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞Next Morning∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 “WAKE UP!!”

“HOW ARE YOU FREAKING STILL SLEEPING WHEN YOU CAN GET PRESENTS?!”

“The best present your can give me is an extra hour of sleeping,” I mumbled under my blanket.

“Aww man! Why did I spend that much money on the gift? I could have used it to by a new xbox game or something. Ouch!”

“She was just kidding you know!”

“Do you want me to tickle her feet?”

“I’M UP!” I said as I popped up from underneath the blanket. “No need to touch my feet.”

“That was quite a show you guys put on there.” I turned and saw Joon sipping tea at the kitchen table island. I looked at Taemin for an explanation.

“We invited him over to your present to him,” said Taemin. I nodded and stood up.

“Now who’s ready for their presents!” I said.

Kai jumped up and Krystal screamed. “Me! Me!”  They rushed out of the family room to get their gifts.

I quickly gave Joon his Christmas gift. “I got you tickets to see a basketball game.”

Joon smiled and gave me a kiss. “Thank you! This is the best present ever.” I hugged him tightly and he kissed me gently on my lips with his arms wrapping around my waist. I kissed him back, tilting my head so I could kiss him better.

I heard Taemin cough and we broke apart.

“Sorry to interrupt this love scene, but we have presents to hand out,” Taemin said waving over Kai and Krystal.

Joon chuckled, “Sorry man.”

We all went into a circle and handed out the gifts. Kai ripped open the present I got him.

“Wow! This is amazing Mihyun! Thanks!” said Kai. He kissed me on the forehead and skipped away to open his other presents.

“This smells so good Mihyun and this top is adorable!” said Krystal when she opened the presents. 

“Um, where’s my gift?” said Taemin.

“I right, I forgot I hid the gift so you couldn’t find it,” I said. I walked over to the loveseat and I pulled a large package out. “Hey you go. Merry Christmas.”

Taemin opened his present and stared at it. My body got really nervous. What if he didn’t like his gift? Did he already get this guitar?

“This is awesome!!” said Taemin. He was grinning ear to ear.

I snorted. “Delayed reaction much?”

I looked down in front of me and opened my presents. Kai got me new rolls of fabric for me to design. One roll was white silk while another was black cotton.

“Thank you Kai! I love it!” I said. Kai beamed at my reaction.

Krystal gave me a gift card at my favorite store and a brand new dress.

“This is gorgeous!” I said as I hugged Krystal.

Joon got me full albums of my favorite bands.

“I will listen to this every single day,” I said.

I searched for my last gift but I couldn’t find it.

“Um, Taemin. Did you forget something?” I said.

“No. I just wanted to give you your gift by myself,” said Taemin. He pulled out a black velvet box and opened it. I gasped because what was inside was the most beautiful think I have ever seen. It was a silver small-chained necklace with a little heart hanging from it. The heart was silver with gold flecks scattered around it. Even though the words were small, I could still make out what it says. It said, “T+M.”

“This is so sweet,” I said. I lifted my hair up so Taemin could put it on for me.

“I known you for fourteen years now and I want you to remember that even if I have a girlfriend, you are always my number one girl,” said Taemin. I smiled and hugged him.

This magical Christmas is the best one yet.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! Hope you liked this chapter! This is the longest chapter I have written yet!

Moving on....I thought it wold be fun to add some characters some my other story other here: "Love's First Spark". Just characters meeting each other so the story line of both stories won't change. That would be really awkward because Melinda also meets Taemin....

So yeah, Melinda from "Love's First Spark" is in here in her parents store Music World & More. So sorry if I confused any of you...

Also, I finally got 100 karma points so you should upvote my stories. *wink wink nudge nudge* You don't have too but the key word to remember is "should". :p

Bye bye!

~sujualltheway13

ps. I really need to think of better chapter names...