Stories + Food

My Life with You

“Ew!! I can’t believe you ate that. Snails! How can you survive?” I shrieked.

“It’s not that bad if you close your eyes and just the shell,” grinned Taemin.

 

Taemin came over to my house and shared some stories about his summer vacation.  It was a lot of fun but of the stories grossed me out. 

 

“You should really try other foods Mihyun,” said Taemin.

“Are you kidding me? I love food so much but some foods are just not for me.  Take snails as an example.” I shuddered just thinking about eating snails.  “So what other places did you go to?”

“I went to England, France, Japan, China, and the US,” answered Taemin.

“That’s only five countries.  I thought you would have gone to more places,” I said.

“Well there was this program in the US and my parents wanted me to try it out.  It’s where people join together and do projects.  We volunteer around the community, helping other people,” said Taemin.

“That sounds like fun, but why did your parents want you to join?” I asked.

“They said I had to do something more in life and it would look good on my college resume,” said Taemin, “you’d be surprised how many people were in the program.”

“I bet it was super fun.  Did you meet anybody ‘interesting,’” I asked.

“Well, there was this girl named, Minyoung, and a boy named, Sihyun. They’re siblings and super friendly.  Guess what? They’re also Korean! Minyoung and I had so much in common.  We both love meat and God! “ [lol, I found this on a Taemin fact website]  rambled Taemin.

“Oh really….” I grumbled.

Taemin grinned. “Don’t worry! No one will take your place as my number one best ‘girl friend,’”. 

“She better not.  If she did, I will hunt her down and make her wish she never heard the name TAEMIN LEE!!!” I said.

“One day it will pay to have a protective friend,” sighed Taemin.

“Mihyun!!! Dinner’s ready!!!” shouted my mom.

“Awwwww!! Umma!! Five more minutes!!” I pouted.

“Don’t worry.  Taemin and his family are joining us today,” said my mom.

“YES!!!!!” Taemin and I shouted and danced to the door (we’re special like that). 

 

I love Korean barbeque so much!!!  Taemin was practically stuffing his face (he looked like a chipmunk storing for winter).   His mouth was stuffed for five minutes like that. How can he breath? O_o

“Taemin, don’t you have any manners?” scolded Taemin’s mom.  His mom’s name is Jihee. She is so nice but get on her wrong side and….well, just don’t get on her bad side.

“Oh don’t worry Jihee.  This barbeque is a special time. Our kids don’t get to eat this often. Let them enjoy it,” chuckled my mom aka Soyun aka umma aka mommy. 

 

Our dads on the other hand had a different conversation. 

 

“Did you see the Seoul soccer team score!!  They crushed Thailand!!” said Appa (Younghwan)

“Ha, China has no chance next game!!” said Bae (Taemin’s dad).

“Say, how’s Taesun in collage? He must be lucky to be accepted early into one,” asked Appa.

“Oh he’s fine, but he never comes home anymore. We miss him so much,” said Bae.

 

Kyuhyun and Ara had an interesting conversation (I wasn’t eavesdropping or anything. They were sitting right next to me. Plus Kyuhyun is really loud…)

 

“So… you like anyone?” asked Kyuhyun.

Ara choked on her water.  “Excuse me?? You know I have a boyfriend Kyu,”

“But you and Changmin are PREFECT for each other,” said Kyuhyun.

“He’s younger then me. Besides, I would never break up with Daejung,” said Ara. 

“Suit yourself.  But don’t forget that Changmin was once your crush,” smirked Kyuhyun.

Ara turned back to her rice bowl but I could just see a faint blush.   Ohhhh, Changmin and Ara sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby… wait… I just grossed myself out.  Ewww, I can never look at Ara and Changmin the same ever again.

 

I turned around to Taemin. Yup, his cheeks are still full of rice and meat.  I known him for all my life and I still forget his massive love for meat. Taemin swallowed down his food and drank some banana milk.  Of course, he never forgets his banana milk.  

 

“That barbeque was so good. Thank you Soyun umma and Younghwan appa,” said Taemin. He gave them thumbs up. Our familes are so close that we call each other parents "mom" and "dad".

“Thank you Taemin! I hope you didn’t get a belly ache like the last time,” said Soyun. Our mom’s chuckled. I grinned too.  Last time we ate out together, Taemin was so sick and could barely walk around.  He actually fell a few times when walking to the car. 

“Thank you for this delicious dinner Soyun and Younghwan.  We had a wonderful time,” said Bae.

“Our pleasure Bae,” said Younghwan.  Taemin’s family got up and went to the door.

 

“So Taemin, how was the meat?” I asked.

‘It was so good. Your mom’s BBQ is amazing, how does she do that?” said Taemin.

“I have know idea,” I said.  Taemin was such a dork. “See you tomorrow?”

“Yeah. See you tomorrow,” said Taemin,” and wake up late tomorrow!!!” 

I turned around and closed the door.  Why would I wake up late tomorrow and miss school to see my best friend?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HI!!!!!!  Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!! Spring Break is here, relaxing time!!

 

~sujualltheway13