Audition

Let Me Be Your World

Korean

Mandarin

Your POV

I’m so nervous I don’t think I’ve felt like this since I woke up in the hospital.

I sigh as I look at the script that I’m using for this audition. It’s an odd one that’s about love and pain of losing those that you love, but the history is accurate enough.

I sigh as I look up at the ceiling waiting for my name to be called. I make sure that my hair is covering my face as I look over at him and nod my head.

Mm6g2ZpyI3Zw9UMWTO8n_IRnIohfS-GMqoWaFdkR

I look up when I hear my name shouted by a snobby female voice. I sigh as I look up making sure that my bangs are covering my face.

As I walk into the room I notice that all eyes are on me and nothing else.

Formalities are exchanged and then I’m told to start reading the script.

I had chosen the very beginning of it where the warrior female that I’m trying out for is told the man she loves will marry another.

“Mama, how is it that I was never told of this? Will you not marry me though you promised for my face is so scarred from all these years of fighting,” I let distress and pain leak into my voice as I say these lines and let my hand drift too my scar.

The man who is reading the script to help with the audition reads the lines, “Yes, your face is beyond ugly. You were nothing more than a tool too me.”

I let a gasp escape my lips and tears start to collect in my eyes as I hold them back, “You used me. Then you might as well have killed me. Too have let me die on the battlefield yet… you are the one that had pulled me off it when I was nearly dead just a few days ago.”

I don’t even realize it as the guy walks over to me to take my shoulders in his hands, “Leave, Soohwa,” the guy lets a begging tone enter his voice, “Please just leave. I never want too see your face again.”

I place a hand over my heart as another acts as if it’s going to a sheath on my side that’d hold a dagger. I seemly pull it out and hold it out too the guy, “Then use this too kill me to for I would have nothing too live for. I have only lived for you since I was a child and now I seem to have nothing.”

The guy makes a move too grab the knife but instead he pulls his hand back as he says, “I can not take this. I can not take your life. For your life is your own.”

I grab the guys hand and act as if I make him grab the knife.

I move his hand so the dagger would be pointing towards me as I shout, “Make the final move. Just end my misery please I beg of you, my love.”  

I let tears fall from my face as the guy reaches forward too touch where the scar would be which is located perfectly where mine is. I automatically move out of the way out of a reflex.

“Do you hate my touch that much?”

I shake my head as I say, “Jungshin… this scar is my own doing and nothing too have to do with you.”

Why does the guy’s name have to be Jungshin?

He sighs as he looks away from me, “It is. I was the one that allowed you go to war for me. I was the one that told you keep fighting so you would be the one too marry me. This is my fault and for this I can not marry you. For this I can’t even look you in the face. I can’t look into the eyes of the woman that I love eyes.”

I let the tears fall from my eyes as I say to him, “Then I’ll make it so you will never have too look at me again.”

I moved his hand and gasp as if the dagger had actually dug into my abdomen.

The guy shouts as I let a smile appear on my face, “I guess I’ll leave you in this world and see you in the next.”

I fall down and the guy catches me.

A few more lines are said then the directors and writers shout for the scene too have ended.

I stand up as I wipe under my eyes real quick and smile directly at them.

They all have straight faces except 1 person who looks like they ate a lemon.

I hold my breathe as all of them break into a smile and start clapping.

“That was amazing. That was one of the best auditions that I’ve seen in awhile. I know the story is a bit different then we’ve let people see, but that’s the point. The story a bit like what your sister probably told you, but really the girl isn’t thrown into the past but she has flashbacks of that life. Through the entire show she tries to overcome it and pursue her love that is of higher status. It’s a bit like this where the girl ends up being the boys bodyguard and was scarred in an accident cause of him when they were kids. We heard about you and of your acting and we have too say we’re really interested in having you play this part. Your theater director had spoken so much about you and so has your sister. Now i can see why they say you have such talent.”

I smile as I nod my head, “Thank you.”

“It’s nothing. I’m just stating the truth. I don’t think we need to worry about this part anymore.”

He acts like it’s supposed to be a question when really it’s more of a statement that he had already made up his mind.

“I got the part,” I don’t even ask in a questioning tone.

He nods his head, “I don’t think I’ve seen talent like that in a first audition for a long time. You are really a pure talent. Hopefully you can remove that scar someday for you can stay in the business.”

I nod my head holding my breath trying my hardest not to hit the guy.

“We’ll start shooting next week I’ll assign a manager too you too keep in contact.”

Again I nod my head as I smile at them kind of annoyed with how they are acting towards me, like I need to be pitied.

I look at my hands as they shake from the annoyance, but still I calm down as I shake his hand.

I take a proximit schedule as I leave I look it over and sigh knowing that my training will be cut short.

I look at the script in my hands that I was handed just this morning that I’ll be acting as the main character as a nobody.

I keep walking until I find myself as exo dorms knowing that EXO-M is in China at the moment, but I’d be nice too see everyone again.

I knock on the doors tired from all the stairs that I had walked up.

As the door opens I’m hugged by my personal happiness maker, Tao.

What the I thought you were in China, I say to him as I walk inside with him attached to my side.

I wanted to come back so I can see your reaction in person about the audition.He answers smoothly and i hear the excitement and that from his voice.

I know that I look upset so I keep that straight face on, “I… I got the part!”

THey laugh as they all hug me and I start laughing.

“Guys let me go this is probably going to be the only time that I’ll do anything like this.”

“Why?”

“They told me that unless i remove the scar I might never get any other parts in anything again.”

Tao looks at me as I look down at my hands.

He takes my hands in his own as he says, Who cares what they have to say about that. If you ever want to go ahead. If you don’t want too then keep it. It’s all part of yourself.

I smile as I take his hand in my own, “Thanks for the words of encouragement… maybe 1 day this scar won’t mar my face, but of right now it’s my punishment.”

“Of course. I’ll always be here for you.

I smile slightly feel happiness slip into my  heart and I remember that Jungshin had said too me when we were in the elevator.

 

“I don’t think I’ll make it,” his voice was scratchy from all the smoke as he spoke, “Hyun Ok, please be happy. Live a long life and fall in love again. I’ll always be with you.”

 

I know that I’m crying especially when Tao wraps his arms around and tries to hold in his tears.

I know that he’s doing this for me, but I know that if he was just a little bit more weaker he’d be balling his eyes out as well.

Tao’s POV

When she told us that she had gotten the part of the part I couldn’t help, but to feel proud of her.

Still when she says what her ex boyfriend had said to her I feel like I can't say anything that I wanted to say to her.

It’s not fair that she still loves him so much that she won’t let others close to her.

I sigh as I look at her smiling but her face is still half hidden with her hair today.

I sigh as I reach forward to push her bangs from her face, “No matter what you pick we’ll love you, at least I will.”

She looks up with me with shocked and curious eyes, “Why do you always say that, it’s not nice to kid around?”

I smile as I lean over to kiss her scar, “I’m not kidding. I’m being serious for once in my life.”

She’s quiet as she stares at me until she turns around and leaves the dorm, but not before whispering, “I know… My heart isn’t ready yet.”






Sorry it's been forever since I've updated I've been busy with work, physical therapy for my leg, getting ready for my move, and that's all I've been doing for the last 3-4 months. I've started to get some free time and I'll try to write during that time. So please wish me luck.