Last barrier;

Better than words;

 

"Ah, it's Jonghyun."

Jinki's eyes flew to where the television was, and saw a music video of Jonghyun playing. It was his favorite song of Jonghyun's album. Jinki brought his bowl of fried rice along with him as he sat on the couch. He crossed his legs and Kibum seated himself beside him, while Minho found himself a comfortable spot on the white carpet. The three of them were eating their bowls of fried rice silently, if not for the singing of the half-blonde and the soft clink of whenever the spoon came in contact with the bowl.

Kibum pushed his eyebrows in disagreement when Jonghyun went a little too close with the female lead character of the video. The particular scene was about how Jonghyun was going to kiss the girl, who was asleep goodbye and leave her in the hands of the other guy. The camera went close up on how close Jonghyun's lips were with the girl's one, they were only inches away. Minho was the first one to break their silence, commenting on how great Jonghyun's acting was. Kibum just snorted and muttered something about how Minho was too into his career. Jinki just watched with a poker face.

In the end, Jonghyun turned away before their lips touched, and left the ward. 

"So he's the lonely guy in the end?" Kibum rolled his eyes. He disliked this kind of love, where they sacrificed themselves thinking that their other half would be happy with this third wheel that rolled in from nowhere. That's just bull in Kibum's eyes, and he sighed in distaste. "He didn't even get to kiss the girl in the end."

Minho chuckled softly as he took another bite of the fried rice, thinking that they were really lucky that Kibum was such a good cook. He then noticed how expressionless Jinki's face was as the music video ended. Was the university student jealous?

"Jinki ah, you don't have to be jealous." Minho turned to face both of his best-friends, still chewing on the spoonful of fried rice. "Your turn will come soon, and their lips didn't even touch."

The memory of Jonghyun crashing his lips onto his filled his mind.

"We kissed, already." 

As soon as the words left his lips, Jinki regretted immediately. Kibum abandoned his bowl of fried rice after being surprise for a brief moment, leaving it on the floor as he gripped onto Jinki's shoulders, insisting Jinki to tell him when, why, and how did it happened. Jinki turned to see Minho seated beside him, and asked his friend to help him out of Kibum's grilling. The actor just smiled and said how much Jinki had grown while Kibum frowned, like a mother that was furious because her daughter just got taken advantage of. Jinki gulped.

"Last night?"

"Why, how did it seriously happened Lee Jinki." Kibum shifted closer to his best-friend, wanting to know what exactly happened. Minho understood why Kibum was that curious and surprised, since in Jinki's so many years of life, the university student had never dated.

"... I don't know, Kibum. It just happened, after we drank, sang and I... fell?" 

"So, both of you are just too drunk and it happened." Kibum raised an eyebrow, trying to piece everything up by himself. "You are telling me that the kiss is all of a bull?"

"N-No! Kibum ah, after that I kissed him back when my mind could think really clear! It wasn't bull!" 

The faces on both of his best-friends that moment were just simply priceless. Jinki could only gape at what he himself had just said earlier and widened his eyes in embarrassment when he finally snapped back into the reality when Minho cleared his throat. Kibum looked like he was ready to say something, and Jinki just jumped off the couch and sprinted to his dear room. Behind him, he could hear Kibum muttering something about how Jonghyun was really leading his son astray while Minho just laughed and patted the designer's back.

Jinki closed the door behind him in a hurry, he could feel his cheeks burning up again when his vision was once again fixed onto the poster of Jonghyun.

 


-
 


Their dinner was spent with Jinki's awkward and shy explanation of what really happened. Minho just watched as Jinki spoke with a tinge of pink on his cheeks. The actor just grinned midway through Jinki's explanation, and Kibum rolled his eyes, telling Jinki to continue. Minho just felt happy that Jinki who was such an introvert in the past was finally crawling out of his little shell and finding his own bright and cheery sun. Kibum wasn't frowning anymore, but he wasn't smirking. He just remained expressionless as Jinki fidgeted in his seat, explaining about how the kiss actually happened. Minho knew Kibum was still worried, but said nothing, since Jinki was really happy.

 

-<3-

 

 

The following three weeks, Jinki only hadn't had the chance to meet Jonghyun as the singer went overseas to shoot a new music video. Jinki still went over to the church every Sunday, but all he did was to clean the church. Of course, he had thought of pulling the cloth away from the bench to actually see what was there for Jonghyun to keep hiding, but refrained himself from doing so since he believed that Jonghyun would naturally show him when the singer wants to. 

He took those three weeks to practice his Korean even harder, and grinned when Kibum said he was actually making progress. At least, Jinki could read about fifteen Hangul characters, even if he couldn't understand them. Kibum had a lot patience all of a sudden, but when he was teaching him how to write the characters, sarcasm was literally dripping from every single word that Kibum uttered. 

"Wow, the first two Korean words that you have ever learned to write aren't appa and umma," Kibum clicked his tongue. "It's actually Jonghyun. I'm impressed, Lee Jinki. Wow."

Minho started laughing and told Kibum not to tease the poor university student anymore, whose face was red like an apple already.

 


-
 


Everything was all fine, and Jinki was waiting patiently for this week's Sunday, which he knew Jonghyun would be there since he had returned to Korea. Kibum told him in a real serious way that he should really get his boyfriend's number. Jinki just laughed, telling Kibum that even if they did have each other's numbers, it wouldn't help much. Minho then smiled and told Jinki that he might be making friends with Jonghyun soon, since they were going to shoot a commercial three months later, and the shooting would last for about two months since it's counted as a mini-drama.

Talk about coincidence. 

"So, Jinki." Minho grinned, which was rare. "You admit that both of you are together now? Like, lovers?"

Jinki just smiled as he said nothing, continuing to study more of Korean words. In the past when their fingers intertwined, Jinki was full of confusion of what they really were. But Jinki could just say he... seriously liked Kim Jonghyun. He wouldn't deny it, and he even told Kibum straight in the face a few days ago that he really liked the idea of both of them being lovers which had Kibum laughing for a long while. It was then Minho suggested that Jinki should probably confess, to make their relationship clear. Kibum agreed that Jinki should, too.

That night, he found himself unable to sleep, his mind full of thoughts about how Jonghyun would react when he confesses. 

Jinki looked outside of the window, with a slight smile gracing on his features. He expected that Kibum and Minho would be telling him not to be nervous and ways to confess for the whole day until he met Jonghyun, he expect that Jonghyun would smile or just, do anything positive when he confessed, and he expected tomorrow to be a real good and happy day.

But as usual, nothing went along with Jinki's expectations. 

 

-<3-
 

 

Jinki woke up in the morning to see both of his best-friends in a heated conversation at the dining table, which was extremely unusual.

"We should just tell him, Kibum ah!" Minho exhaled deeply. "There's no point hiding, he will find out anyway."

"Look, Jinki really won't find out if we don't tell him." Kibum folded his arms, and knew Minho agreed with his words since the actor was silent. "And, we need to really confirm if it's true or not-"

"Kibum, what is there to confirm, seriously?" 

"Just anything that we could confirm of."

"Just tell him-"

"Minho," Kibum stood up from where he was seated, and threw his hands up in frustration. "I know it's better if we let him know about it, but there's actually a way to spare him from all the stupid thinking he might get himself into, get it?"

"There's no other way." 

"Talk to-"

"What's this?"

By the time that both of his best-friends finally noticed his presence, he already got his hands on a glossy magazine that was on the coffee table. On the cover of the magazine, there showed what was the latest and hottest discussion of the day, and Jinki didn't need to understand how to read Korean words to understand what was this article was talking about. He found the magazine being tugged out of his hands by Kibum the next moment, and the magazine was then flung to aside. Jinki blinked his eyes, trying to get what was printed on the magazine into his mind, trying to figure what was going on. He looked at Kibum, with a puzzled look as his mind went blank. 

"Don't believe them-"

"Pictures don't lie, Kibum."

Why was Jonghyun being so close with another girl?

 

-<3-
 


Rather than being angry, heart-broken, crying, wailing, throwing everything that he could see onto the ground, Lee Jinki just stared into an empty space blankly. He didn't have any huge reactions, he only remained silent, and he just kept playing with his fingers, as if to distract himself from everything. The pictures of a girl hugging onto Jonghyun's arm happily, and their fingers intertwining just kept surfacing in his mind. And... the look on Jonghyun.

"Jinki, have some reaction." Kibum sat on the floor before the bed which Jinki was seated on. "At least, say something."

He couldn't, he didn't know what to. 

 


-
 


Minho had to leave due to a shooting, and before leaving the house reluctantly he told Kibum repeatedly for five times to call him if Jinki started to cry. Jinki just waved at his friend who was leaving, and entered his room, stopping when the poster came into his vision.

As weird as it was, Jinki felt nothing. 

Jinki tried to fall asleep, but his eyes were just widely open. He shifted in his bed countless of times to find a comfortable position for him to sleep in, but it was all futile. He just couldn't bring himself to sleep. It was ten minutes later that Kibum was lying beside him, with a worried expression. Both of them turned so that they were facing each other, and Kibum held his best-friend's hands lightly, asking cautiously if the university student was still going to the church or not.

It was Sunday, it was night time already.

"No."

Even Jinki himself, found it surprising at how the answer just left his lips that immediately. Both of them remained silent afterwards, their hands lightly held and eyes shut. It was an hour later that Kibum fell asleep without himself knowing it, his hands still holding onto his best-friend's ones. Jinki still had his eyes open twenty minutes after Kibum had fallen asleep, his vision fixed onto the wall, the poster of Jonghyun. He just kept staring. There was silence, except for the steady breathing from both his and Kibum's and the pouring rain outside.

Everything about Jonghyun just came into Jinki's mind suddenly. Two hours later, Kibum woke up to see that Jinki was missing from the bed, and the house.

 

-<3-
 

 

"I shouldn't have stayed up so late yesterday," Kibum cursed as he searched the house for his car keys. "Choi Minho, where's my car keys?!"

"The coffee table, Kibum. Don't panic," Kibum could hear some noises over Minho's side through the phone. He remembered the actor telling him that he could go home after finishing the interview. "Remember, don't panic. You are seriously blind when you panic."

The designer seriously couldn't see anything that shared a close resemblance to his car keys on the coffee table. There was three ceramic mugs, some fashion magazines and a few books that belonged to Jinki - there's just no keys in sight. Kibum rolled his eyes in annoyance and closed his eyes, breathing in deeply. He heard Minho's low voice, telling him that he had to end the call to work already, and reminded him to relax for the last time. Opening his eyes, Kibum stacked all the magazines and books aside, and found the silver car keys lying in the middle. 

"I'm blind," He spat bitterly as he grabbed the keys and stood up, only to see Jinki entering the house. "Jinki?"

"Kibum ah," The designer noticed that Jinki's voice was cracking slightly. "It hurts."

 


-
 


His heart was clenching so tightly, so tightly that it hurt badly. He felt that his heart was sinking, he just felt so uncomfortable, there was just so much feelings in him that he couldn't put the right word to describe them. He was feeling them for the first time, he felt so confused. He wanted to rid of those feelings so much.

"I went to see him," Jinki finally brought his eyes up to look at Kibum's ones. "I felt that there was something wrong, Kibum ah. I believe and know that Jonghyun isn't such person." 

The moment Jinki saw the magazine's front page, he really felt so shocked and surprise. He wouldn't deny that he felt really upset at the beginning. He couldn't go to sleep, all he could think of was how happy the couple looked in the pictures that was printed on the magazine. But somewhere in his mind told him to believe Jonghyun, and he did. And he left the house, to the church.

"He saw me, and held onto my hands tightly immediately; he was trying to explain to me, trying his best so that I won't get the wrong idea about him, he was trying so hard to get me understand him." Jinki breathed in, and Kibum stared at how tears filled his best-friend's eyes. "I can't understand what he's saying at all, Kibum ah. I can't even tell him that I understand, I can't even tell him that I'm not angry. He won't even understand if I actually said I like him and will stay by his side regardless of what, Kibum."

When his best-friend hugged him comfortingly, he couldn't hold back his tears anymore. 

"Kibum ah, this is the first time I felt the distance between us is so wide." Jinki rested his chin on Kibum's shoulder lightly. "What should I do?"

His friend said nothing but to hug him even tighter, running comforting fingers through his soft hair lightly as the he cried even more. 

 


-
 


"," Kibum hissed as his finger started bleeding, much to Minho's surprise. The actor immediately pulled his finger under the running tap, remaining silent. It was rare that Kibum would ever hurt himself when cooking. The last time Kibum had ever cut his finger accidentally was probably during the high school period. "You are rarely that careless,"

"You know when the last time I saw Jinki crying that badly was?" Kibum snapped and pulled his hand away. "It was when his parents passed away and you were in that silly car accident."

Minho sighed as he searched for a bandaid in a nearby drawer. When he returned home, Jinki was already asleep, with Kibum by his side. His cheeks were flushed, probably from the crying since his eyes were swollen. 

"It has become an obstacle already, Minho." His hand was held up by Minho's ones, and he saw a beige-colored bandaid wrapped around his index finger. "The ty language barrier."

"It's there because of Jinki's insecurities, Kibum." Minho released Kibum's hand and heard him mumbling a soft 'thanks' before turning his back to him. "You know how insecure Jinki has gotten, after his parents passed away. He became aware of how easily people around him can leave him, and he chose to like Jonghyun because he believed that Jonghyun won't leave him like his parents did."

Kibum resumed to slice the luncheon meat into neat pieces, and breathed in deeply. 

"But he backed out in the end, Minho ah. It has been so long since Jinki started to feel insecure again," Kibum uttered softly. "And he definitely didn't expect to have his insecurities back again, not from Jonghyun."

"He has decided to avoid Jonghyun?" Minho blinked in surprise. He did not expect Jinki's insecurities would lead to this, absolutely not. Since Jinki was always so cheery and happy, it had been so long since he saw Jinki being wary of relationships. So long. "So he's going to let their relationship slip down the drain?"

"I don't know, Minho."

Kibum lay the knife aside.

"He's probably not going to see him until he realize that the language barrier isn't an obstacle at all,"

A loud sigh was heard. 

"Which will be long."

 

-<3-


 

Jinki just kept studying. If eating, toilet breaks, bathing and insufficient sleep weren't included, all Jinki did everyday was study. He had covered the poster of Jonghyun up with a huge piece of white paper. Jinki didn't tear the poster off, no, he didn't. He just couldn't bring himself to. Whenever Jonghyun's smile came into his mind, he just studied and wrote a long essay. He studied more than he should and buried himself in pages of black words. He stopped listening to Jonghyun's songs, and avoided television because Jonghyun's commercials were just too much. 

Kibum just hugged Jinki whenever he found his best-friend staring into space, out of exhaustion. When the university student was trying his best to get himself to sleep, Kibum would lay beside him, pulling his best-friend into a tight hug, saying that he was here. And Jinki always found his eyes watery whenever Kibum said that. Kibum was always ready if Jinki needed a listening ear, and sometimes, he would try to speak to Jinki about Jonghyun, but apparently the university student just wasn't ready yet. He just remained silent.

And Minho's shoulder was always there whenever Jinki felt tired and needed one to lean on after all those consecutive hours of studying. Whenever he saw Kibum hugging Jinki, telling him comforting words, he smiled slightly at past memories and how Kibum swore that he would never do it again. Then, he would rest on the other empty space beside Jinki, hugging his best-friend the other way too. Sometimes, he would drop hints about how Jinki should try to step out of his comfort zone. But Jinki would remain silent.

Jinki hadn't gone to the church for three months already.

 


-
 


"If I were you, I will whack him three times on the head, kick him seven times on the stomach and feed him to the sharks." Kibum rolled his eyes when Minho chuckled. "That's for making Jinki cry, Choi Minho."

Minho shook his head in defeat, his best-friend over here at times really made him speechless. 

"Should I talk to him about Jinki?" 

"What can he do when Jinki is the one that is feeling insecure." Kibum shrugged and stood up from his seat, noticing that the cameramen and some people from the crew were coming already. That meant he didn't have to accompany Minho anymore, and he didn't want to throw a few punches and kicks at Jonghyun if he really saw him. "You should probably tell him to rack his brains to think of a way to have Jinki's insecurities and thoughts about their distance disappear."

Minho just smiled and watched his best-friend call Jinki while exiting where the first scene of shooting was to begin


 

-



"You are reaching in ten minutes time?" Jinki mumbled softly to the phone as he walked down the stairs, and noticed how his dark rings were going to touch his chins when he saw his reflection from the mirror pinned onto the nearest wall. "I'll wait for you outside of the university. Kibum ah, drive safely, bye." His usual bright tone was replaced by tired ones, and it looked like Kibum pretty much got use to it already.

"Jinki ah, do you have time? I need to talk to you about something." 

Jinki turned to see his lecturer stood at the corridor, pushing his glasses up as he smiled at his student. Jinki blinked in surprise for a short while before nodding his head and walked towards where his teacher was standing.

 

-<3-
 

 

"Kibum ah," Jinki played with his fingers with mixed feeling. "Earlier, my lecturer spoke to me."

Jinki heaved in a deep breath as Kibum sat down by his side, ready to listen what he had to say. 

"He asked... if I'm keened on staying at Korea for further studies. For another three more years, and he wondered if I'm fine with it , since that meant-"

"That meant you don't have to go back to America?" Kibum sat up straight, his mood being brightened up at that thought. "It meant no more stupid partings?" 

"If I decide to work here after finishing the three years of studies..." Jinki paused, when he thought that Kibum was probably very delighted at the thought of him staying at Korea, since Kibum always wanted him to. Minho too. "And I asked him,"

Jinki brought his knees closer to his chest, avoiding Kibum's stare in whichever way he could. And he found his vision falling onto the huge white paper that was sticked onto the wall, which purpose was to cover a particular poster.

"If it's possible for me to return to America," Jinki swallowed deeply. "As soon as possible." 


 

-



Kibum went to the set where Minho was filming the commercial with Jonghyun in the middle of the night, eyes downcast, obviously not in a very good mood. 

"Jinki wants to leave." 

"You told me already, over the phone." Minho sighed at the thought of Jinki leaving. Kibum would probably cry, since he hated partings more than anything. "Is he serious about it?"

"Like too serious about it, Minho." 

Kibum shifted his chair so that he was facing Minho, and ruffled his hair in annoyance and frustration. He knew Jonghyun played a major part in Jinki's decision. Kibum then muttered about how he would feed Jonghyun to sharks if he saw him here, and Minho smiled, saying that the chances were high since they were shooting a commercial together, if Kibum hadn't forgotten-

Speak of the devil.

The singer came into his sight, bowing and greeting the crew members politely. Kibum closed his hands tightly and stood up from where he was seated.

"Kibum ah," Minho tugged his wrist lightly. "I will talk to him-"

The designer apparently always turned deaf to what Minho said and shook his best-friend's hand away, charging towards Jonghyun, face full of annoyance. Minho just sighed and followed quickly, in case his friend really thought about feeding Jonghyun to the sharks.

"You, Kim Jonghyun!" 

God.

The singer turned to face a fuming designer, much to his surprise.

"You better think of something to solve that stupid tiny and dumb problem which I think shouldn't even exist at all in the first place," Jonghyun's face was puzzled, and Minho kind of expected it since Kibum was blabbering using English. "If he's really going to return to America, I'm going to tear you into two freaking pieces!"

Jonghyun casted a confused glance towards Minho, who was standing behind the obviously angered designer. Minho could only smile awkwardly as he tried to pull Kibum away.

"I don't know why there is even a need for you to be official in a relationship that is so fake to no end," Kibum struggled out of Minho's grasp and glared at Jonghyun. "But because of you, , he cried and is going back to America! Because of you, Lee Jinki is leaving!"

"Jinki?" 

Kibum clicked his tongue in annoyance before saying a quick 'bye' to Minho as he left the set, with pairs of eyes following him, wondering why he was shouting at Jonghyun as if he wanted the singer dead, while the half-blonde was known for being friendly and nice-natured. 

Jonghyun immediately turned, probably wanting to know why Kibum even knew who Jinki was. Minho stopped Jonghyun at his tracks, and rubbed his temples when the singer actually snapped in frustration, telling Minho that he needed to ask his friend about something important and to move out of the way. Luckily Minho wasn't that irritable like Kibum, he was actually quite relieved at Jonghyun's reactions since this showed that the singer cared about Jinki. Minho would probably really throw a few punches if Jonghyun didn't care. 

The look on Jonghyun was priceless when Minho told him to chill, and that he and Kibum were both Jinki's best-friends.



-
 


Jinki had already started packing his luggage by the time Kibum reached home, much to his horror. Jinki then smiled and explained to him how he was going back to America this Sunday morning after his project was graded, which was tomorrow. Kibum widened his eyes when he realized it was just three days before his friend was going to leave.

 

-<3-
 

Minho returned home at Saturday night, telling Jinki about how Jonghyun's relationship with the girl was phony. His company had received money to agree to help the 'girlfriend' of Jonghyun to earn more fame, through this way. Jinki just remained expressionless as he continued eating, much to the actor's frustration. Kibum even resorted to playing Jonghyun's songs loudly in the house, and telling Jinki if he think it was the right way to just leave like that. Jinki just remained silent as Kibum tore the white paper away, revealing the glossy poster.

"I'm leaving tomorrow, Kibum ah." 

His decision was set and Kibum never cursed so much in his life before.


 

-



Jinki thought it was way too unusual and weird when Kibum and Minho told him to go the airport himself as they had something to do, but would be there before he boarded the flight. Jinki was standing at the middle of the airport, watching the second-hand of the clock tick, telling him that he was closer to his departure between his best-friends, and Jonghyun. He just swallowed deeply as he turned away from the clock, trying to clear his mind as he waited for Kibum and Minho to come.

His phone rang. 

"Kibum ah? Where are you?"

"Look, Lee Jinki, have you ever looked at the bench that was full of carvings?" 

Jinki raised an eyebrow as he thought about the bench that was full of the music notes' carving. Wasn't that Jonghyun's favorite spot? Why was Kibum even mentioning it all of a sudden?

"Yes...? It was full of music notes, and he only carved my name there once because-"

"Once my foot, Lee Jinki." Kibum obviously sounded annoyed and irritable. Where was Kibum, seriously? "He carved your name all over the bench like what the hell, I hope your boyfriend is not too unhealthily obsessed with you."

"Jinki," The singer thought hard on what to say next. "... Book, Juliette. Book!"

He immediately knew what Jonghyun tried to explain to him. The book, Jinki read it before. He wasn't surprised that he knew, since he loved reading books. He remembered the male lead character of the novel would always carve his house's wooden wall of what was on his mind the most that day.

On his mind the most that day... him?

"K-Kibum ah, don't lie." Jinki felt his throat getting dry as his skin heated. "Just come quickly-"

"I'm at the stupid church that both of you always meet each other, looking at the carvings." Kibum exhaled deeply. "And, Jinki ah. The first time he carved your name, there was a phrase beside it, did you know?"

Jinki thought his head was hurting when Kibum said he was at the church. Wasn't Kibum going to see him off? Even if Kibum took a cab and rushed over here, he wouldn't make it on time to see Jinki the last time before he boarded the flight, seriously? And what was about the carvings that Kibum was so insistent about- ... Jinki hoped his eyes were playing tricks.

"Forget it, I doubt you know." Jinki felt himself taking steps backwards. "I'm telling you, it's-"

Before he could even hear what Kibum said, he was pulled into a tight hug causing his phone to slip out of his hands and crash onto the ground. He could see Minho standing several feet away, having that triumphant smile. Jinki's mind was spinning that moment, he didn't even know what to think. The person, hugging him that tightly and muttering his name repeatedly for three times already, 

"J-Jonghyun," 

Jinki could feel the familiar warmth of the fingers that ruffled his hair. Something was holding onto his heart so tightly as it raced. He could feel his heart leaping as he breathed in the singer's cologne. The singer was here, hugging him at the airport, whispering his name gently. 

The memory of that night, of how Jonghyun was holding onto his hands tightly, desperately wanting to find ways for Jinki to understand what he was saying filled his mind. Jinki probably wouldn't forget the distance between them that day. He swallowed deeply as he tried to push the singer away from him, only to widen his eyes in surprise when Jonghyun captured his lips the moment his hands pushed the half-blonde's chest.

Feelings flowed into Jinki's mind like nobody's business. The stars that left him breathless the first time he and Jonghyun gazed while lying on the blue checkered mat, the awkwardness when their eyes kept meeting as they walked outside of the park, the surprise when he found out Jonghyun was a singer, the warmth that lingered in his right hand the first time both of them held hands, the overwhelming sweet feeling when Jonghyun gave him the bouquet of petunias, the huge surprise and shyness when Jonghyun pecked him on the forehead and the day started by waking up beside the singer, the white wine that he kept tasting when Jonghyun kissed him on the lips for the first time, the nervousness when he actually initiated a kiss and the insecureness that -

"Jinki," Jonghyun tiled his chin up as he planted a chaste kiss on Jinki's forehead. "I love you."

The insecureness that disappeared the instant the three words left Jonghyun's lips. 

Jinki didn't even know when did he started crying, perhaps it was immediately after what Jonghyun said. They stood there in a close embrace for a long while, ignoring stares that were directed towards them, and how Minho was on a video call with Kibum, showing him what was going on the moment. 

They stood there, feeling each other's racing heartbeats. Jonghyun said nothing about wanting Jinki to stay, but Jonghyun's tight embrace made it all too clear. Jinki smiled gently as Jonghyun kissed his tears away, in a way that Jonghyun was telling him not to cry anymore, and that he was here. Jinki broke into a bright smile whenever Jonghyun brushed his lips lightly against his own ones, silently showing Jinki that how much he loved the university student. 

And they remained like that, until there was a crowd starting to gather after noticing that the presence of the actor Choi Minho and the singer Kim Jonghyun here, embracing someone affectionately. Minho then signaled to them that Kibum's car had reached, and it was better for them to get going.

Jonghyun didn't forget to kiss Jinki's forehead for the last time before they intertwined their fingers together as they walked towards where Kibum's car was located.

They knew they would last, for that Jinki felt it. For that his heart would never stop racing whenever Jonghyun was there with him, and for that his face would always turn pink when Jonghyun was near. Jonghyun knew too, for how he actually looked their language barrier as something he could be proud of. 

Because no words were needed, their love was better than words.