Pleading

The past needs to be buried

 

Author’s pov:

“Hyunseung? What are you doing here? And how did you get in?” The guy’s presence scares her to death.

“I did knock on the door multiple of times but no one opened and it not being looked either so…” He explains.

“Don’t.you.ever.ever.do.that.to.me.again, oppa!” She emphasizes every syllable.

“Mianhe!” He smiles sheepishly, not expecting the younger girl to be that aggravated. “Eh? What are you watching?” He asks, stealing a quick peek at her laptop.

“A…ani.” Hyuna covers the screen as much as possible but he saw enough.

“…”

“Hyuna-ah, you are watching Jokerqueen, aren’t you?” He asks calmly, like the most casual thing in the world.

“BWOH?” Her pupils dilate upon hearing him, which sounds more like a statement than a question. “How d…do you know?” She sputters.

“I first saw it like three years ago.” He shrugs. Damn Jang Hyunseung and his frigidity.

“Alone?” Hyuna swallows her saliva- Please don’t say you watch it with…

“With all of them. Of course.”

Her face turns pale. She can imagine some articles spreading on the internet tomorrow like. “4minute’s Hyuna was found died in her dorm due to the vast embarrassment when she was informed by Beast’s Hyunseung as well as her Troublemaker’s sub-unit label mate that he and s found out videos about her drooling over her ex boy-friend, who is also a Beast’s member.”

“Oh my Goodness!” Hyuna facepalms, trying to shook off the sight of them laughing their off when they watched a video like no.48 or worse, no.53.

“Hey, hey. It’s not a big deal, really.” He unclasps her fingers. “We kinda watched it in silence.”

“Really?” She looks up at him through the fingers.

“It’s awkward like hell.” Hyunseung utters. “A fan sent the link to Junhyung via Twitter. At that time, I was using the computer so we ended up watching it together.”

“Fan huh?” She scoffs and pauses a little before adding, trying not to sound too hasty. “Uhm,…how did he react?”

“He didn’t say a word the whole night. I guess it isn’t a very positive reaction?”
“Haiz. Never mind!” She stands up, striding into the kitchen and gets back with a glass of orange juice, his favorite drink. “Why are you here, anyway?”

“They broke up.” He slurps the liquid out of the glass. “I just think that you may want to know.”

“Why are you telling me this?” She stares at him, trying to look through the unfathomable mask.

“Because I know you still have feeling for him.”

“You’re wrong. I’m not.” Hyuna protests. But who is she kidding? Hyunseung was there, too.

He doesn’t say a word. She is in the process of denial and i'll just be here to test her.

The annoying silence is threatening to explode when Hyuna couldn’t hold back her inquisitiveness any longer and blurts out.

“Who suggested the break up?”

“Hara.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bangkok music wave Concert.

“She looks sick!” Hyuna mutters as she monitors Kara’s performance at the backstage. “Almost like me two years ago.” It also means that she isn’t very happy with her choice.

“Yah, Kim HyunAh, keep your nose out of their business.” She goes on chanting but of course it isn’t very helpful.

Since the day Hyunseung came to her and threw the piece of news at her face, Hyuna has heard a lot of rumors among idols such as Junhyung is currently dating the actress who he is working with in Monstar, that’s why Hara decided to leave before getting dumped. Hyuna did make some effort In digging the information from Hyunseung but in the end, she was still a coward. She was afraid that the rumor was true and he is really dating someone new. And now she feels sorry for both of her and her ex-best friend. Falling for the same guy, betraying the other, and at the end, having a big wound in their hearts.

“Why are we being like this, Hara unnie?” Hyuna signs, rubbing her temples.

*beep*

Her phone vibrates, signaling of a new message.

“Let meet up at the terrace. I won’t leave if you don’t come. Goo Hara.”

“I guess it’s time to clear everything up.” Hyuna shoves the phone inside the pocket of her hoodie as she gives her manager some excuse for her absence.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Hyuna, Hyuna!!!”

“Huh?” She asks absent-mindedly.

“Why do you look so strange after…getting back to wherever you went?” The leader glances at her curiously.

“Anya. I was just thinking.” Hyuna fakes a smile.

“About the past.” 

 

She looks outside the road, which is dim and inescapable just like her situation.

Flashback:

“Long time no see, Hyuna-ah.” The older girl speaks up with her back facing Hyuna. She sounds strange. Vulnerable and lonely.

“Hara, what is it?” She asks, trying to adapt to the dark.

“You are truly known for your straightforwardness. Never fooling around, just shot directly into the problem and catch people off guard…”

Hyuna patiently waits for her to elaborate whatever she is aiming to say.

“You didn’t change at all.” Goo Hara spins around, now her back is leaning against the railing, giving Hyuna the full view of her heart-shaped face which is basking in the glimmering moonlight. Hyuna always admired her features, which is a little bit too beautiful that is easily considered as unreal. That is the kind of beauty that Yong Junhyung fell for.

“We haven’t talked for years. What makes you think that we should do it now?” Her eyes glue to every movement of Hara, even the slightest one. 

 

"I know that you've never forgiven me. The hug at Inkigayo, your manager told you to, right?”

Yes, he did.

“So I’m right.” She scoffs.

“It doesn’t matter anymore.” Hyuna leans against the wall behind her back and lets out a quiet sigh. Does she just call me up here and ask for my forgiveness after two freaking years leaving me completely clueless?

“No, it matters more than you think.” She walks toward Hyuna then rests her back on the same wall. Their shoulders touch lightly but Hyuna doesn’t move an inch at the skinship. They used to sleep together under a same blanket. A tear emerges from her eyes. But in the dark, nothing can be seen.

“I was always jealous with you.”

Hyuna lets out a small snort.  The April Fool’s day has been already passed.

“You are freaking kidding me, aren’t you?”

“No. I’m not. You were always the cute little whiny girl whom everyone loved. Unlike me, who had to try so hard, a little bit too hard.” Hara looks at the sky and breaths out softly. “You were that y dancing queen, who was always praised with the natural beauty and skillful dance move.”

Hyuna couldn’t believe in her ears.

“Is this a late April fool’s prank? Because it isn’t funny at all.” Hyuna springs out of the wall. She has no time for this kind of nonsense.

“Listen!” Hara grabs on her wrist, preventing her from moving any further. “I’m telling you that I was so envious of you, to the point that I stole him away from you. On purpose. Not because of love.”

Hyuna yanks her arm out of her grip.

“You… what?”

“I didn’t love him at all. I just wanted you to suffer.” Her shoulder trembles silently in the dark. "But i guess Karma hit on me, too. That stupid cruel game turned into a possessive and desperate love. I always lived in scare that he’d cheat on me like what he did to you” Her face had been already covered under a thin layer of tears. “I think you’ve already heard from others that he is probably dating that girl from Monstar and I broke up first before he had a chance to do the same to me?” She pauses, as if she is waiting for Hyuna’s affirmation.

“Yeah, I heard it.”

“They were all wrong.” Her voice is shaky like she is about to shatter into pieces. “The truth is he still loves you. I never had a place in his heart."