2 + 1 = 3

Finding You, You, You, You and You!!

A/N: Got a long chapter here!! Please let me know if you guys prefer to have shorter chapters and I'll try to break them up in the future

Also the italics are the thoughts of the characters.

Love you guys!! (=

Happy Readings~


Boy # 2

"Class, do we intend on settling down anytime soon??!??!"

The nasally voice of his teacher seem to bounce off the walls and scream directly into Daehyun's ears. Automatically the brunette's eyebrows furrowed together and he let out a not-so-subtle groan. The boy had been reacting the same way in every class ever since lunch had ended. Yes, it seemed incredibly rude of him to do so but he had perfectly justifiable reasons.

First, Daehyun's earlier feasting had resulted in a terrible case of indigestion and it made him incredibly grumpy. He and food were ONE. Trouble from his food NEVER happened. He would even say that they made a perfect match but of course, it was Daehyun and Youngjae that made an effortless and perfect match. Which brought him to reason number two for his crankiness.

Youngjae. The said boy was in practically none of the classes so far and his absence was taking a toll on Daehyun's mood. Why did it matter that work was a force or that acceleration was constant? For all Daehyun knew, Youngjae was the only 'force' that could make Daehyun even remotely 'work' to understand things like physics. And since Youngjae was practically a genius, it wasn't like he needed Daehyun's tutoring. Actually, it was usually the other way around.

 "Take your seats!!!!"

 Why was every one of his teachers insisting on screeching like there was no tomorrow? Daehyun wondered as another groan escaped his lips. You see, if the teen wasn't so grumpy, he might have applauded the short woman for possessing such a large voice. He wondered if it was a requirement for the teachers in their school to have this… Daehyun didn't know what to call it…ability?…talent?..... to be extra loud and annoying?

One had to call it a talent since her screeching was incredibly effective. As soon as they heard her, the students that were already in the room quickly ended their side conversations and those entering the classroom hurriedly scrambled to their seats.

He scoffed at their reactions. And there was still three minutes left before SCUTA officially started.

Not that he was looking forward to it. He didn’t understand why this course was even mandatory. What did you even learn in a class called, Social and Cultural Understanding Through the Arts a.k.a SCUTA?

In Daehyun's case, he had already pushed off taking the class for a year; avoiding it because the course and the teacher were both notorious for involving a lot of work. Work pretty much meant hell for the king of laziness a.k.a. Jung Daehyun.

But, since it wasn't like he had any other priorities, (except for Youngjae, of course) he had made the decision to just take the class this time around. And now here he was, a third year in a class filled with second years. Not to mention the fact that Daehyun was now up close and personal with hell and its gatekeeper, Ms. Noh. And in approximately three two minutes, his nightmare would begin.

While his teacher made her way (incredibly quick, if he might add) towards some unfortunate soul, the tanned boy watched students file into the room through half-lidded eyes. Not that it was surprising but this class didn't interest him either. He was about to look out the window again when he noticed the latest figure that had just entered through the doors.

Aha! Gotcha!!

Instantly, Daehyun became alert and he smirked at the sight. This class might not be so boring after all. The boy's eyes had just happened to fall on a very familiar face.


Boy # 1

Himchan was finishing up his homework for his next class when he heard the teacher start yelling for the class to be quiet. But before he could think twice and control his own body, he started to chuckle. It wasn't even very loud but since the class had suddenly quieted down, his voice rang like an echo across the room.

"Kim Himchan!!"

Aww crap. First day of class and Himchan was already going for the homerun.

 "I don't think you're in a position to mock my voice."

The short woman suddenly seemed really large as she glowered over the said boy's desk. No sooner had his shoulders started moving up and down that he had felt her presence; her eyes glaring over him. To anyone else, it might've been amazing to see the incredible speed and dexterity with which she got to Himchan. However, this was Himchan's second year taking the course (along with some other senior that he didn't know yet) so, he was not impressed. At all.

Was he still terrified of her presence and force? Yes. But impressed by her ninja-like skills? No.

 "Let's just hope, for your sake and mine, that we don't have to spend a third year together, Himchan ssi," she said in a defeated tone. 

Honestly, the pale senior hadn't even been laughing at her voice, no matter how annoying it was. He had chuckled because of the loud groans he had heard coming from another boy - tanner and maybe younger than him. From the blatant grimace on his face, he looked just as irritated as Himchan to be in this class. But since he couldn't really say all this to her, the fair boy just waited for his teacher to find another victim. Fortunately, he didn't have to wait long before her gaze shifted to the line of kids who were entering the room - after the bell.

Big mistake.

Through the half closed door, he could see oblivious kids still making their way down the hallway. Letting out a breath of relief for himself, Himchan shook his head in pity for the poor souls. They don't know that being late is a deathly sin in this class.

Thinking back to the last comment by Ms. Noh, Himchan's shoulders slightly slumped. He really hoped that he wouldn't have to spend another year taking this course too. It really did being stuck with all these second years and Ms. Noh aka Ms. Spawn-of-the-devil. 

Maybe this other senior and him could form an alliance and hopefully pass the course? Maybe this other kid will turn out to be a genius and Himchan could just get help from him?

Determined to find out this mystery person, Himchan practically made holes in everyone's faces as he peered across the room. But of course, he failed to pick out anyone in particular, except that groaning boy from earlier, who may or may not be a senior. He figured he might go talk to the brunette when Ms. Devil wasn't there to pick on every one of Himchan's actions.

Bored, the pale boy turned his attention to the front or rather the sidewall of the room. As his eyes roamed over the latecomers currently kneeling on the ground, Himchan slightly gasped when he found a familiar boy. Moon Jongup.

How did he not know that Jongup was in the same section as him?? Himchan would've made sure that the younger wasn't late!! Well, at least not on the first day!!

Being as subtle as he could, Himchan tried to get the other’s attention. Except Jongup seemed to be staring off on his own again. Aissh, he would simply have to talk to the younger boy later.

Going down the line, the boy's gaze now fell on Ms. Noh’s square back. Her back really was square and if you picked her up and turned her upside down, you still wouldn't know the difference.

The woman was looking through a folder in her hands, probably searching for the record of the boy kneeling before her. Having found what she was looking for, her head bobbed up and down.

"Well, well, well. As if I didn't have enough trouble. Looks like Himchan ssi has a pal," she stated in a glum voice and moved down to the next boy. Realizing that she was talking about the boy he had been looking for, Himchan quietly tried to move his body to get a better view. He did his best to squint so he could see the other's face. Except he didn't need to. He could recognize that smile anywhere. And right now, it was directed straight at him.

As if on cue, Himchan found his cheeks setting themselves on fire, no lighter needed.

And this time, it was Himchan who let out a groan.

 It was going to be a long year.


Boy # 3

Jongup watched as students made the last minute dash. Why? He didn't know. SCUTA didn’t have a good reputation amongst the students but there was still two minutes left before the bell. So, he walked in his usual manner, e.g., carefree and relaxed. Until he neared the classroom door and saw a short little lady standing with an enormous frown on her face. It was so big, it pretty much covered a good 80% of her face.

Before he knew what was going on, the teen was ordered to kneel on the floor along the wall. Just like the three students that came before him, his hands were outstretched above his head. The line of students kneeling started to multiply steadily and the space became increasingly crowded. It finally dawned on Jongup that they were being punished for being late to class because the lady a.k.a. their teacher, was not pleased. If this was the first day, then that meant that SCUTA really was not going to be like any of his other classes.

Thinking about nothing in particular, Jongup kept his gaze on the floor, when he felt a shadow looming over him. As he looked up, he saw that it was the lady again and her scowl had become even deeper than before.

"Name?" She called and Jongup cringed ever so slightly at her voice. So, it had been her that he had heard down the hall!!!

"M-…Moon Jongup," he replied. She stopped on one page in the folder and Jongup guessed that she was probably reading over his record.

"Moon Jongup, a second year. At least you're taking the class on time. But you can't be late from the very first day," Ms. Noh, as Jongup now knew her name to be, said in a stern voice.

"Yes, Ma'am." He nodded earnestly and saw her move to the boy next to him. Without even realizing it, Jongup let out a sigh of relief. For a small lady, she sure had a strong presence.

What did she mean, 'taking the class on time?' Did that mean that there were students from third or fourth year that were also here? Meaning Jongup could have, in fact, delayed taking SCUTA till next year, like he had wanted to?

The boy grimaced because he realized that his guidance counselor, Mrs. Kim, had tricked him. She had said that it was absolutely imperative that SCUTA be taken during one's second year and Jongup had believed her. He really should’ve known better as this wasn't the first time he had been conned. Last year, he had been tricked into being the designated tour guide for every new or transfer students. All four of them.

And Mrs. Kim had summoned him again just today asking him to be the guide for the only transfer student of the year. Jongup didn’t care that this student was in the same grade as him or that Mrs. Kim thought they might get along together. So, he had quickly but politely declined. The dark brunette had been proud of himself for staying firm to his word. Finally, she had sighed, “I guess Daehyun will have to do then. Thank you anyway, Jongup ah.”

Even though he had felt a bit bad for this Daehyun guy, he was nonetheless relieved to be free. Who knew what kind of weirdo Jongup otherwise might've been stuck with. The teen shuddered at the thought of having to help the dude with questions and what not for the whole year.

"…….Looks like Himchan ssi has a pal," the nasally voice stated blankly.

Jongup's ears perked up when he heard the teacher call out Himchan's name. He knew at the time, the older was probably using all his facial muscles to scowl in disapproval at Jongup. Not wanting to meet the silent wrath of his hyung, the kneeling boy continued to stare blankly in front of him.

The teacher was now near the end of the line, still dispassionately reading out names, and Jongup wondered how long they would have to stay like this. He could still feel eyes on his face but he didn't dare to meet them. So, he did what he always did when he was bored; he turned his attention to the shoes worn by his classmates.

 Even though they had uniforms, the school allowed free reign on sneakers so it was always fun to see the different shoes and pick his favorite.

Viola!

In today's case, Jongup's favorite and therefore the winner, was the simple black leather ones with pale blue stripes. He slowly raised his head to see the owner of the sneakers. Their eyes met with such perfect timing that he wondered if the other had been looking at him too. But like everything in his life, the teen needed a second to process things before he realized who was looking back at him.

It was definitely the other boy with bright round eyes, but it was Jongup who looked like a deer caught in the headlights. 

Oh no..