**** UPDATE. august 2nd, 2013.

{ ideal sketch } poster shop - closed perpetually until further notice.

Two things.

 

First:

I incorporated a new rule, and that is Rule 2 which is: no hotlinking.  Hotlinking only means copying the Image URL of the poster directly from the shop, and then pasting that same URL on your story.

I don't think this is an official problem to the shop yet, but just so we don't encounter any problems concerning hotlinking in the future, I made it an official rule now.

The reason being, believe it or not, is that uploading posters takes up space.  It takes up computer memory space, it takes up space on the website we upload it to, and  AFF graphic designers don't want to break their computers/portfolio sites because of over-uploading.

As much as we want to make your poster-requesting more convenient by allowing you to hotlink, we can't.  Hotlinking is easier, but it's not good.

Now there might be shops out there that allow you to hotlink but that's not me.  I don't know if there's a photo-uploading website that has UNLIMITED MEMORY, but if you do, let me know because Minus.com has a 10 GB memory allowance and I'm not just using my Minus account for posters exclusively.

That's why I also deleted the Archive.  The Archive didn't take up memory space, but I'm gonna delete past posters from my computer and portfolio website because they are taking up the space that future posters are supposed to, and without posters to archive the Archive would be useless.

 

Second:

This is for everyone.

There's a reason why rules and regulations are needed before you do anything.  They can be either for your safety, or assurance of enjoyment, or things to let you know why you shouldn't do what the rules tell you not to do.  But one thing they all have in common is security.

I don't mean security as in like, CCTV cameras or police.  Because this shop can't financially nor possibly sponsor that kind of security.

The kind of security I'm talking about is the security of having your request accepted.

I'm not bragging or whatever, but I've been nice.  I've been nice by letting people's requests through that completely differed what the rules say and warning them about it.

But I'm not gonna lie, I've had requesters that most certainly did not read the rules.

How do I know?

Because it's obvious.  It's evident.

And the most painful thing is... it's continuous.

How much time would it take to read the rules?  About 1 or 2 minutes, give or take a few seconds?  It sure as heck will take less time reading them than actually thinking and making them and making sure they are enforced and that people are following them.

There's a certain kind of hurt it gives me when my requesters don't do what the rules state, and I don't like feeling it.

 

 

Maybe after having read this, I may lose a couple requesters.  But seriously, and I apologize, I would rather serve a minuscule amount of requesters who DO read the rules rather than serve a huge bunch who don't.

I hope I've made things crystal clear, and I'm sorry if I sounded rude or inconsiderate, but this is for the best of the shop, and you.

 

See you all on my next request, if there will be any,

-MostValuablePeasant.