Chapter 2

Cinder-Fella

 

Hoon fell to sleep, eventually.  It started off as a sweet dream.  He was in the family garden and there was the same little girl he used to play with there.  They were making crowns out of flowers like they always did.  Then the sky got dark and it began to rain.  The pair ran back into the house squealing.

               When they walked through the door they were met with yelling.  Hoon’s parents and the little girl’s parents were both arguing about something.  Hoon couldn’t remember what it was about, but the girl’s parents grabbed her wrist and were dragging her out.  Hoon went to grab her, but his parents were holding him back.  Both Hoon and the girl began to cry and reach for each other, but there was no stopping their parents. 

               Hoon woke up with puffy eyes and thought about the dream.  It was actually more like a piece of history repeating itself.  Hoon could remember playing with Jessica, and he remembered that was how they were separated.  Now he only wished that he could remember the argument that had split them apart.  The first time he felt heartbreak.  Now he was heartbroken again.

               Hoon rubbed his face and sat up, yawning a little.  As he was bringing his hand to his mouth to stifle another yawn he noticed faint marks on his wrist.  Hoon looked around the empty room.  Had Kevin freed him?  Had someone come and found him?  What was going on?

               Hoon stood up from the bed and looked at the door as it opened.  In walked Kevin.  He was no longer wearing the wedding dress, the make-up, or the wig, but Hoon still thought that he looked pretty.  Kevin was holding two cups of coffee and gestured towards the only table in the room.  Kevin sat in one chair and looked at Hoon expectantly as Hoon stayed motionless.

               “Don’t you want coffee?”  Kevin asked.

               “. . . Uh. . . Sure.”  Hoon agreed nervously as he went to the table and sat across from Kevin.

               Kevin didn’t seem the least bit offended as he slid the cup of coffee over to Hoon.  Kevin took a long sip from his coffee and crossed his legs elegantly.  He put the cup down and again looking at Hoon expectantly while the man stared into his own mug with uncertainty.

               “This isn’t poisoned is it?”  Hoon found it odd that his coffee was prepared for him.

               “Oh, gods no. I had your cook prepare it for you.  May I say that you have quite the sweet tooth, by the way?”  Kevin replied.

               Hoon nodded absent-mindedly and took a cautious sip of the coffee.  It didn’t taste strange or poisoned.  Even if it was, Kevin had ample time to kill him while he was asleep.  Hoon kept his eyes on the flower pot that sat in the middle of the table.  He couldn’t look at Kevin.  It hurt too much.

               “I’m sorry.”  Kevin said softly, noticing Hoon’s avoidance.  “I didn’t want…”  Kevin sighed, not finishing.

               “What?  You didn’t want to hurt me?  Lie to me?  Trick me?  Entirely crush my heart?  Please, feel free to enlighten me.”  Hoon said bitterly.

               “All of them.  I had no choice.”

               “Everyone has a choice!  But you won’t win this one.  As soon as I tell the public what happened, you’re going away for a long time.”  Hoon said and glared at Kevin’s face.  Kevin’s expression changed to a pained one as he slid a picture across to him.

               “I’m sorry.  It won’t work.  If you try to tell anyone, I will just change places with her.  You will look both crazy and violent.”  Kevin said with downcast eyes.

               Hoon stared wide-eyed at the picture.  In it sat a woman that was tied to a chair.  Her body was bruised, but her face was untouched.  Tears were stained on her cheeks, and her face looked emotionless.  It was a broken woman, but she obviously held similarities to Kevin.  She held similarities to someone else he knew too.

               “That’s not…”

               “Jessica?  It is.”  Kevin verified softly.  “She has been trained to do whatever it is we order.  That includes blaming you for beating her.” 

               “You bastard…”  Hoon whispered.  He would have cried if he had tears left, but they were all spent.  “What do you want?  I have nothing!”

               “You have your parents company.”  Kevin said.  “And we need that.”

               “Who is this ‘we’?  What has my family done to you?”

               “Super Melodies Entertainment.  Your parents not only refuse to sell to us, but you are all beginning to pose a threat.”  Kevin didn’t seem to believe any of what he was saying and Hoon knew that.

               “Why are you here?  Why not send someone that actually wants to do the job?”  Hoon asked seriously, staring hard at the face that resembled his first love.

               “It’s because they have my sister.  That,” Kevin pointed at the picture with teary eyes, “is my sister.”

               Hoon gaped at Kevin.  He never knew that Jessica had a brother.  For all he knew, though, Kevin could have been born after they had been separated.  For now Hoon had to figure out what to do. 

               “Alright.  We’re going to save her.”  Hoon said seriously.

               “Mwoh?!”  It was Kevin’s turn for wide eyes.  “How do you plan to do that?!” 

               “Planning.  What were you supposed to do to us anyways?”  Hoon asked curiously.  He would need all the information possible.

               “I was going to shame your entire name and sabotage anything and everything possible.”

               “Great. . .”  Hoon said and sighed.

               “I have a plan then.”  Hoon said and stood up from his seat.

               “What do you want me to do?”  Kevin asked looking up.  Hoon realized that it seemed the power balance had changed in the room.  Kevin was no longer in control.

               “Nothing.  I don’t need you getting in the way.  Just stay here until I say otherwise.”  Hoon said sharply.

               Hoon marched out of the room leaving Kevin behind.  He could think of a million things that Kevin could do, but most of them were entirely inappropriate.  It was hard for Hoon to separate his feeling for ‘Cinderella’ with his anger towards Kevin.  He couldn’t believe the mess he had gotten in over the course of one night. 

               Explains why I picked him, though.  Hoon thought as he realized that Kevin always looked similar to Jessica.  He hadn’t expected that it would turn out to be her brother.  Hoon got a chill thinking about what he almost did to Kevin over the night.  The scene played vividly in his mind as he walked through the halls.  But I would have realized he was a guy. . . I would never have ended up doing that.  Right?  Hoon paused mid-step and looked back to where he had come from, honestly wondering what might have happened.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Double update!  Yeah!

As much as I wish I could say you can keep expecting these, I can't...

Anyways, I hope you're enjoying the story thus far.

It's been going pretty  fast, ne?

Well from now on I'm slowing it down.

Anyways, please leave me some feedback it really keeps me going ^_^

Thank you!~ *coughespeciallysubscriberslike bunbinnie16 cough*