Lipstick, Lychee and the Thief

Of Prompt Words and Corrupted Minds

 

Sorry, I had no idea for a title for the first two. 

 


 

 

Lipstick

 

Amber felt the sunrays seeping thru the blinds and she slowly opened her eyes. Henry was cuddled next to her, still fast asleep. His chest moving up and down. Amber put on her undergarments and a tank top then went to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

“Oh dear.” She mumbled to herself as she bit her lower lip while gazing at her reflection in the mirror. Her hair was ruffled in a y way and there was a red spot on the nape of her neck. A smile crept on her face and a blush also made its way. She opened the small cabinet, revealing Henry’s innumerable facial products. Amber spotted his toothbrush and a smug smile appered at her smile as she picked the brush up. She abruptly stopped when an unfamiliar object caught her eyes.

A lipstick. 

Her face fell because she knew exactly to whom it belongs. It was hers. She felt cold and paralyzed just when a pair of arms s around her waist.

“Morning, sunshine.” He whispered softly to her ear but Amber’s mind was busy questioning things that can’t be answered on her own. Henry sensed her stiffness. 

Then he saw the lipstick and he slowly loosened his grip on her.

“It’s hers, right?”

“Yeah, but I don’t know why it’s in my medicine cabinet.”

Amber pulled a deep breath before turning around to face Henry. She then said with a forced smile, “Seven years was indeed not a joke. I guess I have to pretend that I believe that lie.”

She exited the bathroom with an unsettling thought on her mind.

“It’s been two years. Am I still the rebound?”

 

 

Lychee

  

Blurrrghhh, said baby boy Henry’s small tummy. He frowned at the sound but continued swinging anyway. 

“She would be here anytime,” crossing his small chubby fingers, he continued, “I just hope that she brings food.”

There were quite a few children together with him in the playground. It wasn’t definitely a quiet place but nevertheless, He still heard that petite femme voice of his awaited friend.

“Oppa!” He spun around with a cheeky grin plastered on his face. Not just because she already arrived but also because she has a small basket with her.

“You’re late. I was getting hungry, Amber.” The younger girl beamed like a pocket full of sunshine and opened her little basket.

“I brought many food so don’t be mad, oppa.” Amber pulled a handful of something from the basket and  said, “I even brought your favorite.”

Henry’s small eyes widened at the fruitful sight laid in front of him. They were almost shining like stars. 

“Eat them up!” said Amber cheerfully. Her friend responded by following her action of eating their food, smiles cracking up from their lips.

After playing for many happy hours and when Amber finally lacked out of energy, they went home. Henry was carrying his younger friend on his back and he was quite sure that she had fallen asleep.

“Thank you for the lychees, Amber.”


 

Underwear


“Hmmm?”

“Hmmm.”

“Haha. Hmm.” Amber nodded as if understanding what their whole conversation was about. She stood up from the bed, sheets covering her whole body. Henry followed closely but wasn’t very conscious of his form. Amber gathered her clothes from last night but one piece was missing.

“Now where did that underwear go?” 

Henry dressed himself with a light smirk on his face. 

“Look under the bed. I’ll just prepare coffee, ‘kay?” 

“Hmm, hmm.” Contented with her reply, he exited his bedroom. 

“Next time, I’ll definitely take note where Henry will throw it.” It wasn’t the first time that one of her underwear got lost in this concrete jungle called Henry Lau’s bedroom. 

“Urghh! This is so frustrating.” Just when she said those words, Amber noticed a black piece of cloth that hopefully was her missing underpiece hanging from one of Henry’s drawers. 

A sound escaped from when she saw the contents of the said drawer. But before questioning her boyfriend about it, she dressed herself first completely. After that, Amber went to the kitchen and saw Henry on the counter stirring what smells like coffee.

“You finally found it.” The playful smirk he was wearing when he left the room was still present on his mouth.

“I didn’t know you’re fond of collecting my under garments, Henry the thief.”

“Sue me. I don’t have any explanation for that.” He raised his hands in surrender but that smirk never left his face.

“Oh no, ‘course not. But I guess I’ll have to punish you this time, Mochi.” Amber inched closer to him then kissed him, mildly biting his lower lip. While she was doing this, Henry saw a different light from her eyes. She dragged him towards the direction of the living room. 

He was both nervous and excited at the same time. 

“Maybe I’ll be the one who’ll lose an undie today.”

 


 


And so after a century, I finally finished these! Phew~ There you go deeyan. :) 

P.S. I’m currently writing a series Henber fic (thus the ever-so-late upload of these drabs.) but I won’t upload any chap until I finished it! Mehehehe. I’m such a tease. And a bad author. :P 

Till next time! 
:)