Evil Sisters

Of Prompt Words and Corrupted Minds

 

Finally! whoo. This is the 1/4 of the four drabs I wrote courtesy of Deeyan's prompt words. It's waaaaay too late if you ask me. But nevermind. It's here now, anyway. 

enjoy.

 


 


Swimming pool

“Oh, come in, Henry. You looking for lil sis?” Jackie saw her little sister’s friend standing at their doorpost as she opened it.

“Who else?” He entered the Liu’s household after Jackie let him in. 

“Of course, of course. But I won’t be surprised if you look for our parents. You know, ask them about courting and such.” Henry responded to her tease by tossing her a pillow.

“Oh stop it, will you.” He walked upstairs, headed to Amber’s room.

“I’m just sayin’!” 

“Hey, Jackie. Amber’s nowhere to be seen. Don’t tell me you forgot to babysit her again.”

“Actually, she’s swimming right now.” This caused Henry to raise a brow in confusion.

“When did you guys had a pool in here?” He barged outside the backdoor when Jackie replied, “See for yourself.”

That’s when Henry saw their so-called ‘swimming pool’. And his jaw dropped to the floor in an instant.

“Hey there, Mochi. Wanna join me?” Amber greeted the flabbergasted Henry with a dashing eye smile. 

“So this is your pool, huh.” His senses slowly came back and he walked to the location of the ‘pool’.

“Pretty cool, I know. But hey, we’ve all got a child in us.” Just then, Amber winked at Henry and glanced at her dear sister, as if signaling something. 

“You must be bored as he—” Then everything went downfall for Henry. I mean literally. One second he was walking nearer the edge of the pool, then after, he was pushed to the three-feet tall inflatable pool. The two devious sisters laughed at what they called the most successful Mochi prank ever. The victim, on the other hand, was wet from head to toe.

“That was very genius, evil twins. Haha. Now I’m soaking wet,” said Henry with a hint of gloominess. But the Liu’s prank was nothing to him for he never takes it seriously.

“Don’t worry. You know Ambie’s closet, don’t you?” And that was just the moment when Henry realized what Amber was wearing: black tank top and red swim shorts. Then an idea popped into his head. He got dragged anyway so why not join the fun? 

“You have something on your mind, Snoopy. It’s totally obvious.” Amber commented as she lied down the floor of the rectangular pool, soaking herself while Henry took of his white printed shirt. 

“Since you guys started it, we can’t leave one out. We all have to be wet to be fair.” The two wet people looked at Jackie who slowly got what he meant by his words and put both hands in front of her, declining their plan already.

“Oh no, no, no, no, and hell no! I’m not gonna be wet!” 

“That’s what the mastermind said!” 

And they spent their afternoon chasing Jackie Liu and dropping her onto the pool, drinking cans of soda, creating bubbles, and cooking barbecue. It was an unexpected pool party for three. Summer was here already and they sure are feeling it.

 


 

 

Gonna post the remaining three drabs right now. ;)