Lost in Wonderland

Of Prompt Words and Corrupted Minds

Prompt word/s : photo shoot

Prompt word given by: laurence27

--

Beneath all the ruffles and thick make up, Amber is feeling very uncomfortable. She feels like she doesn't belong where she is. All these people she doesn't know are giving her elevator looks and it just makes her want to puke. Why did she decided to agree to this anyway? Well, it was work and she can't say no to that. But if they just incuded the part where she'll wear a dress and make her wear colorful make up in the meeting, she would do anything to say no to this. Regret always happen in the end, anyways. Amber thinks her lips will be a beaten pulp if she don't stop biting them. Why won't she just calm down?

"Come on Amber. This will be over in an hour. You'll be out of this hell hole in no time." She inhaled and exhaled but her palm just won't stop sweating. The mirror looks beautiful actually, but for Amber, she looks like a clown. Just when she thought she was gonna cry, someone's reflection appeared on the mirror.

"Wow. Where is your stylist? I need to praise her. You've got to be her masterpiece." Henry smiled at her reflection and put both hands on Amber's slumped shoulders. The black suit looks great on him. Also the violet vest beneath it. He looks kind of a magician minus the large hat.

"What the hell, Henry. I don't want your teases now." Amber shrugged, causing her friend to withdraw his hands. 

"You're nervous, aren't you?"

"No."

"Yes you are."

"Then why ask when you already know?!" He saw her bit her pink lips and he also saw how her eyebrows collided. Henry then knelt down beside her and took her right hand. 

"Hey, don't bite your lips. You're ruining the lipstick." Amber gave her a glare almost as deadly as the infamous Jung glare.

"Let me guess what's on your mind. You're thinking that you look like a ragdoll." He saw her glance at the mirror and closed her eyes. She slowly nodded.

"And you think that people will laugh at you if they see you." Another nod.

"You want to hide inside a closet and never come out, don't you?" Amber opened her eyes and looked at her best friend. 

"Actually, I haven't thought of that. But that sounds like a good idea." Then she suddenly stood up, startling Henry who stood up also. Amber widened her eyes when Snoopy pulled her for a hug.

"I will never understand why you think so little of yourself." He hugged her waist tighter, forcing Amber to stumble a little. And she puts the blame on the heels.

"Try being a tomboy k-pop star first then let's talk." Henry let go of her but held her shoulders.

"Amber Josephine Liu, you are beautiful. And don't you dare roll your eyes on me." But she did rolled her eyes anyway.

"Come on, Am. You're not gonna shy away from this." He stepped closer to Amber and held her hands. 

"You don't understand, Henry."

"Yes I do." He put an hand on her cheek and looked at her straight at the eyes. 

"Amber, why won't you believe me? You may be a boyish, silly, sarcastic, conceited, but you're beautiful, pretty, and did I say beautiful already?" He smiled his cheeky smile which made Amber to smile as well.

"Yes you did."

"Now that smile is a gem. I'll be with you in this shoot anyway so don't you worry, okay?" Henry kissed her forehead and her cheek. Amber felt her cheeks heat up. 

"Henry and Amber, we're all waiting for you two." A staff entered her dressing room and motioned for them to go out.

"Are you ready, Alice?" Henry asked Amber as he opened the door for her.

"Yes, Mr. Rabbit."

--

"Vic-umma! Sunyoung unnie! Soojung-ah! I bought Amber and Henry's magazine cover!" Jinri rushed to their living room and quickly opened the plastic cover while her other band mates rushed to her side.

"Omo! That's our Amber?!" said Luna who covered in disbelief. Her hair was styled with a blue headband. She's wearing a white collared blouse with a blue ruffled short dress on top which has a bubbled skirt. She has one rainbow knee-sock over her legs and black stilettos. On the cover page, Amber's a lollipop. Henry is sitting beside her, facing his side and he's holding her other hand. Henry wears an old-fashioned glasses, like the ones in the "like a sir meme" and he's holding a golden watch in his left hand. He is staring at Amber in the picture. They were holding each other's hand in most pictures. 

"I guess that's why she never told us what happened in their photo shoot." Krystal flipped the pages of the magazine with enthusiasm.

"Yah! Ambuh! Come here." Victoria shouted. After two seconds, a sleepy llama emerged from her room. "What's with all the commotion?"

"Amber unnie! You didn't tell us you became Alice in your latest shoot with Henry!" Sulli questioned as she squeezed Amber. 

"Wha-WHAT? Give me that." She grabbed the mag from Krystal and scanned their pictures. It was hard to admit that she did looked great in the photo shoot. All thanks to Henry and his words. 

"Henber chemistry shows off." Victoria commented with a smug smile on her face.

"That's so right!" "Omona Henber is now official" Luna and Sulli was jumping around, fangirling in their own world.

"Better check your phone, Amber."

Amber's cheeks flushed just when her phone buzzed. All four of her friends whistled and .

"Boyfriend is calling." 

"Wait, I think we should leave them alone."

"Let's eavesdrop!"

"Sulli, you're not supposed to let her know we'll eavesdrop on their conversation."

"Guys will you all please calm down? I'm gonna take this call. And no eavesdropping!!" Amber quickly left for her room then she [picked up the phone.

"Hey."

"Have you seen the mag?"

"Yeah, Jinri just bought it."

"I guess they're all going crazy because of your extreme change of image."

"Well, who wouldn't? I swear allkpop is already writing an article about this as we speak."

"Haha! Donghae was literally flailing all over the dorm. Seriously, he is like your biggest fanboy ever."

"I kind of expected that. I'm actually surprised that he hasn't snatched the phone away from you."

"I'm inside the bathroom. Hey, Amber."

"Whut?"

"What can you say about the mag?"

"You mean the shoot?"

"Yeah."

"Hmm... I'll just say everything went better than expected."

"I told ya. You know, your self-confidence melts the moment you take off your boyish clothes."

"If you shave all of a llama's wool, its self-confidence would melt too."

"At least you managed at the photo shoot."

"It's actually all because of you."

"Hm? Can you say that again? I didn't heard that."

"It's becuase of you that I got confident in that shoot."

"Sorry I really can't hear that."

"Hey, Henry Lau I know you heard that. You just want to be flattered."

"Of course. I love you, Alice."

Amber smiled at the sudden burst of feelings.

"I love you, too. Mr. Rabbit." She whispered so that only Henry can hear. "Hey, You still got that soundproofing thing in your studio?"

"Uh, yeah I guess. I'm not sure. Why?"

"Because I'm pretty sure my bandmates are currently eavesdropping in our conversation right now."

Just then, it got noisy outside her room. 

"I can hear them. Well, what can I say? They're Henber's biggest fangirls."

"Henry!"

"Goodnight, Alice. See you in Wonderland."

"See you tomorrow, Mr. Rabbit. Sweet Dreams.

---

That was long for a drabble. Well, at least it's done! If you have any prompt words, just tell me. Summer is just around the corner so I am hoping for more stories from me. LOL. thanks for reading! I'll be posting the next drabble sometime next week.