The Meeting Of The Oblivious Brothers

Our Husband

 

“Baekhyun hyung!!!” came the shriek of a little boy as he and his mom walked into the small home-style café.

The intended person, looking chic in his slightly tight navy blue shirt, was taken by surprise by the high-pitched immature voice. He looked up from his MacBook and smiled at the little boy who came running to him.

“Hey, Hoonie. You just came?” Baekhyun welcomed the kid with a big, warm – yet masculine – hug. How does a hug suppose to be masculine, anyway?

The kid nodded eagerly, “hyung, I helped umma deliver milk this morning!” he bragged; puffing his chest in pride.

Baekhyun, disagreeing with the idea of his little friend waking up early in the morning delivering milk, grimaced. He looked up to Yookyung, whose head was down in shame.

“He insisted…” she tried to explain; yet her voice was too soft that it came out as a mumble.

Baekhyun understood their condition, of course. It was him, after all, who helped admitting Joonhoon to the hospital for hypothermia. He still clearly remembered. It was such an unforgiving winter and he was just walking out of his café after closing it. He buried his face deeper behind his scarf and pocketed his glove-covered hand in order to maximize the heat. He was walking towards his car when suddenly someone crashed onto him.

“Sorry”

The person softly whispered. Baekhyun looked up and found a woman with a boy on her back, looking sick and vulnerable. Pity was the first emotion Baekhyun felt after that. The lady was wearing minimum winter gear – only her dirt green oversize coat. The boy, on the other hand, was completely covered up with oversize heat, glow that is obviously too big for his hand, padded jacket, and lastly, a blanket wrapping around his body. His hand encircled the lady neck. Face as pale as snow, his teeth was clattering.

“Where are you going, if you don’t mind me asking?” Baekhyun asked carefully.

“The hospital. I need to get to the hospital. He’s cold, he’s so cold,” exasperation visible from her voice and expression.

“I’ll bring you to the hospital, come,” without any second thought, he lead the mother and son to his car. The mom, without any contemplation, just followed the stranger into the car.

That day, their friendship started. Baekhyun learned about Yookyung’s difficult condition and tried his best to help her and her son, starting from bearing the expense of Hoon’s medical cost that day. As much as Yookyung hates receiving financial help from others, she can’t argue for the fact that without his help, she wouldn’t be able to pay the fee.

Baekhyun, coming from an affluent family, owns a café. Yookyung now works there 6 days a week as one of her three jobs. Baekhyun also allowed her to bring Hoon to work and she’s undoubtedly grateful for that, as she has no one to keep an eye on her son while she goes to work.

Baekhyun, sensing the tense atmosphere, quickly turn his attention back to the little child who had managed to climb to his lap. “Great job, Hoon! You are the best!” high-fiving the proud kid with his toothy smile. “But, aren’t you sleepy?” he asked.

The kid, contemplating for a while, decided to shake his head, no. “I’m fine. I’m not sleepy, not even a little bit,” he grinned. Baekhyun smiled like a proud father and pat the boy’s head. ‘You’re always taking care of your mom and I’m very glad for that’ he thought.

“Morning, Yookyung. Morning boss,” the familiar voice greeted. All three of them looked to the direction of the voice and found Chanyeol, the barista, with his idiotic smile waving at them.

“Uncle Chanyeol!” Hoon quickly jumped off Baekhyun’s lap and leaped to the tall man.

“Hey, Hoon Hoon,” Chanyeol cooed while hugging Hoon and kissing his chubby cheeks.

A while later, the other 4 employees entered. All of them adore the sweet little kid and hugged him, also kissing him on the cheeks. Who can ever resist this little bundle of joy?

“Okay, then. Shall we start preparing for the day?”

 

“Appa, appa. I want chocolate cheese cake,” Minho tugged on his father’s trousers, eyes fixed at the chocolate block that seems so inviting.

“Ok, Minho. Calm down and go find a seat,” his dad, Suho, turn back to the cashier and started ordering drinks and cakes for both of them. Today is Wednesday, which means it is father and son breakfast time. It has always been a tradition in his family.

Minho quickly turns around and ran to an empty seat just by the window. He dropped himself onto the soft, navy blue color sofa. Happy with the thought of devouring a chocolate cake any minute soon, he hummed a cheerful tune while shaking his head left and right.

The little boy across of him, however, caught his attention as his humming slowly toned down. The boy looks so engrossed in his puzzle. Minho slowly descended from his seat as he approached the boy, carefully.

Hoon, oblivious with hos surroundings, just continue trying to form his puzzle into a solid picture of pororo. He even failed to realize there’s another little boy sitting in front of him.

“What picture is it?” Minho asked.

Hoon, startled, looked up from his puzzle. He was baffled as he saw a rich-looking kid in front of him. “Pardon?”

“The puzzle. What picture is it?” Minho repeated himself while his eyes sticks to the puzzle, trying to make up the picture of it.

“It’s pororo,” Minho nodded in realization. No wonder the big yellow glasses seem so familiar to his eyes. “Who are you?” Hoon asked cautiously.

“Oh, I’m Kim Minho. Nice to meet you,” as he was taught by his parents, he offer his hand to the latter.

Hoon shook his hand, “I’m Kim Joonhoon. Nice to meet you, too. You can call me Hoon."