Desperate Cry of A Little Boy

Our Husband

There are a couple of things that Hoon always held on to – his love for Pororo and the small piece of paper with Baekhyun hyung’s number on it. Sitting on his bed, Hoon stared at the piece of paper in his hand, hoping that somehow it will magically bring him back to the arm of Baekhyun hyung. He knows he’s not supposed to be in contact with hyung anymore; umma explained that hyung now has a girlfriend and he needs to take care of her instead. However, Hoon craves for someone familiar, someone warm. He knew he should’ve listened to his umma about staying away from the nice uncle. In the end, the nice uncle really did takes him away from umma.

 

Hoon’s eyes glistened at the thought of being so far away from his umma. He was so preoccupied in his thoughts that he didn’t realize someone had entered the room.

 

Jinju carefully sat on the edge of Hoon’s bed, shocking the boy into reality. The boy looks at Jinju with so many resentments in his eyes. However, oddly, the only thing she noticed about the boy’s gaze is desperation.

 

“Are you hungry, Hoon? You haven’t had your breakfast and it’s already 1 in the afternoon,” she asked carefully. Hoon hasn’t had a proper three-times-a-day meal ever since he arrived at the house. He nibbled now and then when Joonmyun’s or Jinju’s naggings are getting too overwhelming.

 

Hoon sternly shook his head as more tears formed in his eyes.

 

Jinju understood the pain in his heart. She understood the pain of being separated from your own parents. Unknowingly, tears began to form in her eyes. She carefully sat closer to the boy and circled her arms around his shoulder. Hoon’s sobs turned into screams. He pushed his face to her left shoulder and continue to bawl his eyes.

 

Outside the room, another little boy is witnessing the whole situation. Joonmyun has explained Hoon’s situation to Minho. He couldn’t imagine how terrified and sad he would be if he was ever to be separated from his mother and as such, he was determined to take very good care of Hoon. However, as he saw his umma caressing the crying boy in her arms with much intimacy, Minho felt threatened. For the past few weeks, his umma has been too busy taking care of Hoon that Minho often felt neglected. He always tried to brush it off while reminding himself that Hoon is going through a terrible thing and that he will only be here temporarily. Minho’s fist began to clenched unconsciously as tears began to form in his eyes. He walked away from the scene with a newly found hatred for Hoon.

 

Jinju slowly pulled away when Hoon had noticeably began to calm down. She smiled sad at the boy as she softly brushed away his sweaty bangs. Jinju noticed, however, that he is focusing on the piece of paper; the one which he had been focusing on even before she walked into the room. She peaked at the piece of paper and saw a sequence of numbers which looked like a telephone number on it.

 

“Whose number is that, Hoon?” she softly asked.

 

“Baekhyun hyung,” he replied with a hushed voice.

Of course, she would like to ask who this Baekhyun is, but she understood that he might not be in the right state of mind to explain himself.

 

“Would…you like to give him a call?” she asked, again, carefully.

 

The boy looked up to her with such hopeful eyes that her heart began to melt. He furiously nodded to her. She smiled a little bit before she took her phone out and dialed the number on the paper. She handed the phone to Hoon. He waited for a little bit before Baehyun answered, “Baekhyun speaking.”

 

Hoon’s tears began to pooled after hearing Baekhyun’s voice. He started crying again.

 

“Baekhyun hyung… I want… I WANT UMMA!” he screamed into the phone.

 

Jinju, who was taken back by the situation, quickly took her place beside Hoon and run her hands up and down his back in a desperate effort to comfort him.

~

Preview:
People said life is always full of choices. They also said that one is usually better than the other.
But, between being a burden for the man who saved her and her son's life and moving into the house of the baby father of her son and his family, Yookyung certainly didn't feel that one will be better than the other.