2nd Finale

Is It Still A Lie If You Fall For It?

 

When his father came that night he was too tired to try to hide or fight back, he just froze holding his breath, waiting for the pain that never came. He cracked one eye open tentatively only to find Eli standing in front of his father, a determined expression gracing his features.

Eli had never stood up for him or even tried to defend him from his father before, or any bully for that matter. He usually wasn't even there actually.

Fear, surprise, worry mixed inside him and he couldn't do anything but watch, his limbs immobilized on the floor.

He stared surprised as Eli pushed his father back punching him. His jaw dropped and he stared in fear as they fought, bruises and cuts appearing on eachother's faces as punches and kicks came in contact with flesh and bones, ripping skin and popping blood vassels. He just stared as Eli eventually succumbed to his father's rage and superior strength, watching in horror his father pushing Eli against the full-length mirror, shattering it. Glass flew everywhere, small fragments cutting his skin sending daggers of sharp pain through his body.

His father stomped away, slight sway in his step given by the alcohol, mumbling profanities and insults, seemingly satisfied with his work. He didn't even spare Kevin a glance, simply walking out the door.

That was a first, his father had never ignored him like this. Sure he did ignore him most of the day, but when he came to his room he never ignored him. He didn't leave untill he deemed his damage on Kevin's abused body sufficent for the night, never before. He knew from experience. At the begginning he had tried to hide or escape, but that only resulted in his father destroying half of his room trying to find him and receving a heavier beating for trying to escape it.

It didn't make sense... He was just probably going to come back later after drinking some more. He sighed frowning when he noticed Eli hadn't moved from his spot on the floor. His mind felt a little dizzy from the shock of what just happened, but the sight of Eli laying on the floor motionless with pieces of glass stuck in his white skin, drops of blood tainting his skin with red woke him up, cold suffocating fear running through his veins, twisting his insides in panic. No,no,no this couldn't be happening. Oh god, please no. He couldn't survive without him, Eli couldn't be... he couldn't go. He refused to even think about it. It just wasn't possible for him to go on without him.

He rushed to his side his panic only growing when he noticed that his front that he was currently clutching with all he had, was covered in crimson too.

"No,no,no,no you can't die" tears rushed down his cheeks, small salty drops chasing down his face. He shook him desperatly, trying to get him to move. Eli couldn't die, he just couldn't.

In his panic he didn't notice Eli sitting up and jumped in fright when he felt his warm hands covering his slimmer ones, stopping his frantic movements. "I can't die" Kevin stared at him, confusion evident in his tear filled eyes "I can't die Kevin" he repeated, Kevin only kept staring at him in confusion, not understanding. He couldn't die yes, it was what he was thinking, but it felt like Eli meant it in some other way. "W-what do you mean?" Eli smiled at him sadly, his smile only an unhappy stretch of his lips. "I'm not going to die Kevin. I can't die, I don't exist" "B-but the blood-" "It's not mine" Kevin blinked confusedly, his shaken mind failing to process the information, his words a confused jumble of sounds mixing in his head. He blinked again trying to understand. What was he saying? How could it not be his blood? He was covered in it! His hands, his chest, his arms... who's was it then?

"Wait, you don't exist? What are you saying?" he questioned, the full meaning of his words hitting him just then. He furrowed his brows "But you're here" he pressed his hand to his strong chest "I can feel you..." Eli shook his head "I only exist inside here" he pointed at Kevin's head "And here" he rested a hand on Kevin's chest, over his erratically beating heart. "No" Kevin shook his head frantically "No. You exist, I'm not crazy" he kept shaking his head in denial. He blinked as a wave of dizziness took over him, making him sway lightly.

The blood loss must've messed his head. How could it possibly be otherwise? Eli existed, it was the only thing he was sure of. He wasn't mad...

Then why are you the only one who can see him?

Kevin shook his head again. It was only because Eli only appeard in his room! That's why nobody else saw him. And- and his father had seen him too! They had just fought, didn't that count?

But had they really?

An image appeard in his mind, almost like a flahback, except it wasn't possible, his father's punch meeting his face painfully.

But it was Eli who had taken the hit this time, not him. It had been Eli the one to suffer from his father's anger, not him. Right? Was his mind fooling him?

Are you sure?

Other images started to flood his mind, him pushing his father away weakly, trying to fight back, his thin arms hitting his father not Eli's strong ones, his father's furious eyes, cruel insults shouted his way, his father pushing him against the wall, the glass shattering, shiny fragments flying eveywhere.

"I'm not crazy" he whispered desperately, pleading Eli with his eyes, begging him to assure him he hadn't lost it, to smile at him rassuringly, explaining his words, to tell him he had misheard, that somehow there was another meaning behind his words and laugh at him and scold him for jumping to conclusions so quickly like he often did, even just to tell him it was a joke.

But Eli stayed quiet with a sad look in his black orbs.

It was ironic really, he had often whished to go mad, to slip into another universe, locked inside his mind, anything to escape this. But now that the prospect of him really being crazy wasn't so distant and impossible he panicked. Couldn't keep his mind on anything...

But really who wouldn't panic to the prospect of living a lie for so long? Even if one wanted to loose the grip on reality, to escape from their life, wouldn't they at least feel fear discovering their wish had turned reality, at least in part? Wasn't it traumatizing to find out the person you cared for the most to be just part of your mind? Nobody would like to believe it, and he was no exception.

Kevin closed his eyes feeling a new wave of dizziness wash over him. "I'm not crazy" he whispered again, he himself not believing his own words "I'm not crazy, you're real, stop lying to me" Eli smiled sadly at him, probably pitying him, but he didn't care. He refused to believe it, he wasn't crazy, he couldn't be crazy, no matter what Eli or his memory said.

A pang of pain in his stomach made his breath hitch and his eyes shut tightly. Wha-?

He looked down, eyes widening in confusion when he saw a piece of the mirror sticking out of his abdomen. What?

He glanced up staring at Eli perplexedly, feeling his head heavy and light at the same time. He blinked slowly, drowsily. His confusion plain on his face.

Why was a piece of glass stuck in his belly? When had it got there? And why hadn't he noticed? Was he really that in shock not to notice a piece of glass cutting through his skin?

Eli catched him before he could hit the floor, making him lay in his lap. Kevin looked up at him eyebrows furrowed. How could this be a mere fiction? Just some dream his sick mind had created?

It felt so real... how could he just imagine his strong arms wrapped around him? His warmth, his scent? How could a mind create something so real? Was his mind really that cruel to create something so unbelievably real, to make him believe it's lies, hoping for nothing?

Tears started to stream down his cheeks, of pain, of fear, of disappointment? He didn't know. He just cried feeling his life and sanity, if he still had any left, slip through his fingers like water in a river. Or blood, warm thick blood that he could feel erupting from the wound, escaping his body and soaking his shirt and jeans. Creating patterns on his body much like the tears on his cheeks.

A thought crossed his confused mind, what should he do? Was he supposed to take it out or leave it where it was, to avoid more blood from coming out? He knitted his brows in concentration trying to remember what the nurse that held a first aid course at his school a few years back had said.

He should take it out to prevent an infection right? And it would hurt less too, he could feel the shred of glass dig deeper everytime he took a shaking breath. Yeah that must be the right thing to do.

Almost as if Eli had read his mind, he reached down and took it out slowly, trying to lessen the pain as much as he could. Which wasn't much, but he still tried.

As soon as it was removed the blood started pouring out more freely, creating a pool on the floor. Uh he wasn't supposed to bleed this much, right? It was bad... he couldn't think properly. His mind felt cottoned and distant.

He smiled bitterly to himself once he could think and breathe properly and the shred of glass had hit the floor. What an idiot he was, of course Eli could read his mind, he was his mind after all, wasn't he?

 

Why wasn't Eli speaking? Shouldn't he comfort him or something? That's what you did when someone was hurt, wasn't it? It was what he usually did... "What do you want me to say to you?" "Tell me a lie. Tell me everything is going to be alright" he paused to take a deep breath. Since when was talking so difficult?

Since you had a piece of glass cut through your stomach?

Oh, right...

"Tell me I'm not crazy and I'm not dying. Just lie to me, make me feel better" Eli grimaced "I don't lie" Kevin stared into his eyes pleadingly "Just this once, please?" Eli sighed running a hand through Kevin's soft hair "Everything is going to be alright, you're not crazy and you're not dying. Happy?" Kevin nodded, his lies somewhat reassuring him even though their fakeness was so painfully obvious. Just the fact Eli was saying this to him showed it wasn't near the truth, but people believe what they want, and right now Kevin needed to believe everything was going to be alright. Funny how the fact it was Eli feeding him lies made him believe it, when it was him the proof of the lies, him being a lie himself. But still Kevin believed him and smiled tiredly, his mind more at ease. Which probably wasn't that good, his mind already felt lost enough.

"And I don't love you" he frowned at this "How can you love me? Nobody loves me" ragged breath "My father doesn't love me, my mother ran away from me..." breathe in breathe out "Nobody even cares about me. The only time they acknowledge my presence is when they beat me up" he closed his eyes breathing slowly, his mind getting foggier, making it hard to think. He had to stop for a moment just to breathe and clear his mind, his thoughts escaping from his mind like butterflies in a field of flowers, halting just to pose for a second and then flying away again.

"You know even if it's painful, I'm grateful for the beatings. At least this way I know I exist" Eli wiped the tears he hadn't realized started flowing down his cheeks again with his thumb, tears slowly drawing patterns on his cheecks too. "Don't talk like this..." Kevin sobbed quietly "You know it's the truth" Eli shook his head hugging tighter, cradling his thin body closer to his chest.

Kevin tensed expecting to feel pain but felt nothing. How strange... he almost didn't feel any pain anymore. It was wrong right? He was supposed to feel pain, a deep pain that ramificated from his stomach throughout his body, not a buzzing numbness invading his limbs. Right? He couldn't think... he did have to feel pain, right. He felt so confused, everything was so confused... he shook his head trying to focus. He was talking with Eli. What were they talking about? Oh right Eli said he loved him. Ok breathe you can do this, just focus. "You're me you can't love me" his voice felt distant and his head felt light. He felt the urge to giggle and frowned. Now wasn't the time to giggle, it was a serious conversation. Why did he feel so distant? "I can" Eli's voice brought him back to the present and he scoffed or maybe not everything so was so confused. "That's pathetic... I'm so pathetic" he sighed trying to lift his hand to cover his face but didn't find it. Where was his hand? Why couldn't he feel it? He panicked feeling adrenaline rush through his veins, waking him up for an istant the pain rushing back like the rush of adrenaline. But tiredness soon overflowed over his body again, numbing everything. "Here" Eli took Kevin's slimmer hand in his. Oh here it was... he tried moving it but it felt too heavy and he was tired so he gave up. He was so tired, even more than usual. He felt completely worn out. It felt like it should've bothered him, some distant thought he couldn't grasp nagging in the back of his mind. He was too tired to try to grasp it so he let it go closing his eyes.

Why was he so tired? He couldn't remember anymore. "Kevin" he felt two hands shake his shoulders in the distance "Kevin" he opened his eyes drowsily, his eyelids feeling heavier than usual. Oh now he remembered why, he was hurt and lost a lot of blood.

His tired eyes met Eli's sad ones and he sighed, wanting to caress his face but not having the strenght to. He desperately tried to hang onto consciousness, he wasn't ready to loose Eli yet. Tears stung in the back of his eyes but he blinked them back, tired of crying so much. He didn't want to die. He didn't want to leave Eli. Even if it meant going through everything, he just wanted to be able to be by his side, to have his comforting presence soothe him and his wounds. To just spend time with him. This was so unfair. It was too early for them to separate, they had just met. It was too cruel to just let them be together for such a short period of time. He felt fear invade his being, but it was just useless, fear wouldn't change anything. So he breathed deeply and calmed his racing heart, letting fear go together with the rest.

"I love you" Kevin whispered and smiled sadly. What a fool he was, falling in love with his imagination, falling for a mere projection of his desperate mind. It was so senseless and stupid and still he fell for him, falling in love for his deep eyes, gentle smile and personality. It really was true people believed what they wanted and saw only what they wanted. Kevin was the perfect example. He saw what he wanted to see and believed his mind's lies, believed the truth he preferred, desperate to find someone who cared. And he fell so deep for it he ended up falling in love with him too.

Was it wrong to love someone who didn't exist? Was it contorted and sick to feel this way for something his mind created? Or was it just foolish and stupid?

As Eli smiled back to him whispering "I love you too" and leaned down to press their lips in a last first kiss he didn't know. And as life abandoned him, leaving him motionless on a bed of glass and blood with only his mind as comfort, he didn't care.

 

 

 

Hey there! I hope you liked both or just this one finale if you only read this one? Anyway thanks for reading! Saw what I did there Motionless, In White? hahahah no./slap hum ok I'll stop before I further embarass myself. Bai <3

oh thanks to anyone who subscribed, I know I don't say anything because I'm too awkward but thank you!