Lay

HunHan Plays Cupid

 

“Lay, please?” the doe-eyed boy beside me pouted, begging me to go on some weird double date with him and Sehun.

Reminding myself that the deer in front of my eyes was actually older than me, I rolled my eyes at him.

“And why would I go to the amusement park with you and your boyfriend? It would just be awkward… Lovey-dovey HunHan, no thanks.”

“But if you stay at home, you’ll be surrounded by XiuChen and Taoris. That’s TWO couples,” he winked at me. I groaned. He was right.  If I had a choice between one sappy couple and the amusement park or two sappy couples in a crowded dorm, I think the answer is obvious.

 

Luhan, seeing the agreement in my eyes, decided to seal the deal.

“Oh, and Kai is coming too!” He giggled. My eyes narrowed at the immature boy, suspicious of his words.

“Are you trying to hook me up?” I questioned him.

“Hehe, you’re the one who said it,” not pausing his giggling.

 

But if I was to be very honest, I wouldn’t actually mind spending some time with Kai. First of all, it would distract me from the romance of Hunhan and secondly, I actually like Kai. Wait, did I say like? I mean as a very close dancing partner who has an amazing smile. That cheesy grin that melts me on the inside… Uhm, okay, maybe I do have a slight crush on him. However, it’s never going to happen. Even if it’s Valentines’ day.

 

-

 

Luhan and I scanned the crowd, looking for his boyfriend and my crush. Luhan suddenly spotted them and rushed away, leaving me behind to call out cries of “Wait for me!” but he was just too excited to see his ‘Sehunnie’ again… *sigh* why am I here again?

 

Oh yeah. Him. Yes, him. The one that is currently peeking at me from the other side of HunHan. I gazed back it him, smiling softly. I signalled him to come over next to me, and I hoped he noticed. Soon enough, I feel his presence beside me, and I find myself grinning uncontrollably. I felt warm fingers lace themselves in my own and look down to see Kai’s hand in mine. Huh. That was quick. Before I had time to collect my thoughts, I was dragged away by Kai, who smiled at me with that dazzling smile of his. I’m surprised I dint turn into a gooey puddle of mush.

“Let’s go and have fun!” his voice lifted my spirits instantly and I found myself laughing along with him.

 

-

 

Despite Kai being younger than me, he led me all around the theme park, just like a real boyfriend. He was always so considerate, asking me which rides I wanted to go on and resting whenever he saw that I was tired. I was secretly glad that I agreed to go on a date with him, my crush. Even if he didn’t know and probably doesn’t feel the same way. As it was getting dark, Kai led me to a café, filled with couples going on a special Valentines’ Day date. I felt slightly nervous but kind of happy that I could be there with him.

 

“Hey, Lay?” Kai broke the silence and something in his voice made me feel like he had something important to tell me.

“Yeah?”  I couldn’t keep the curiosity out of my voice.

“Had fun?” Huh? That was it?

“Haha, yeah. I’m kinda glad that Luhan dragged me along to come today,” covering my disappointment with a smile.

“I’m glad you did, too,” he said, a slow blush forming on his cheeks. Okay, he wants to say something to me. Trying to control my lifting hopes, I asked him,

“Was there something else?”

 

“Uhm…” he hesitated. I could see him struggling with himself, unsure whether or not to tell me. I had the urge to tell him to just spill it but I didn’t. Not yet anyways. Just as I was about to press him further, he spoke.

“Lay. I like you.” His gaze was locked onto mine, and I could feel my heart racing. I wonder if he could hear it beating. Du-geun. Du-geun.  Not only that, I could feel my face heating up and my mouth moved on its own, twitching a happy smile.

“Kai. I like you too” We  sat together for the next half hour, grinning like teenage girls, revelling in the discovey of our feelings for each other.

 

-

 

 

“Oops, I just saw a message from Sehun. He said that he went back to the dorms with Luhan-hyung already.” Kai told me as he read the message on his phone. Suddenly, he began blushing, piquing my curiousity. I looked over and read the message:

 

‘We saw you two being all lovey-dovey at the café and decided to leave you guys alone. Just saying, me and Luhan-hyung planned this all out ;) We knew both of you liked each other so we decided to give you guys a little push. It’s our present to both of you for Valentines’ Day. Just remember, KaiLay was born through HunHan’s hard work ;D

Love, Sehunnie & Luhannie’

 

 

 

Feeling embarrassed, I ducked my head down. It would be weird if Kai found out how grateful I was to the two, for getting me and him together on Valentines’ Day. It’s actually very romantic and im sure itll be engraved in my brain as a perfect first date.

“Let’s go home, baby” My eyes widened at Kai’s use of the nickname.

“Baby?”

“Yes, I’ve been wanting to call you mine forever.” He winked at me and I felt my face get even hotter, although I didn’t think it was possible. We laugh together, swinging our intertwined arms as we go back home.