a different side he never knew

The kind lover.....

he looked at her with anger and resentment shining across. then i realized that his hand quietly found its way to mine, grabbing it tightly. still it was trembling, from desperation and fear, a fear i thought he would never experience. but it woke me, he was in need of my strength. my frail strength to protect him from what seems to be shattering his heart. i stared silently at those big warm hands that was trembling and like a shoot of lighning courage had flooded me over.

this precious man who had treated me with overwhelming kindness needs me.

"pp..please leave. as you can see he's not pleased with your visit. im sure his angry face says it all"

"he will stay and miss, .... u should leave"

i looked straight into her tearful eyes which never noticed my presence beside alex. i was a completely different person. for the first time in my life i was standing up for what i needed to protect. Alex was surprised. he looked at me with his eyebrows lifted high across his milky forehead, giving me a mental question. one that i answered with a mischievous wink and slight smirk. i closed the door across her face and pulled the man i loved inside. 

the moment our hand unraveled,  i was back to this fearful child. what i did was something so daring that i could hear my own heart thumping across my chest. i huffed and puffed my nervousness as i looked into his eyes, fearful of his opinion. but indeed he was the kind man i knew of. he smiled back at me with great warmth as he slowly walked behind me

placing his long lean arms around my waist hugging me tight from behind. i was speechless, my conscious mind had failed me and all of what i could think of was to not breathe too loudly as my heart was sprinting inside.