A Reason

The Winner Takes It All

Vasudha walked slowly towards her class room, taking in the serenity around her. She had gotten up extra early to get to class but she wasn't sorry. Walking slowly on the red brick lane, she looked to her left to see tall trees swaying with the wind, in complete harmony. They greeted the winds as if their old friend and the wind in turn caressed their branches lovingly. The trees cast a shade on the road and their leaves rustled. The environment distanced Vasudha from the current moment, letting her thoughts float as she walked at a leisurely pace.

She glanced down at the fat history textbook she was holding in her hand. A purple paper peeked out from it, as if beckoning her to take a look. 

Vasudha sighed and pulled the paper out of the book and glanced at it again for the nth time. Pooja had forced her to take the paper. Apparently, Kyungsoo had specially asked her to give it to Vasudha and Pooja had been unable to refuse the persuasive request. Vasudha chuckled as she scanned the paper again. She had decided upon a quiet year where she would focus on her studies. She just wanted to graduate quickly and study English. 

A sudden voice jolted her out of her thoughts, "Do you always walk ignoring the person right next to you?"

Vasudha jumped and spun to her right to face a smirking face. It was that guy from yesterday. Jiyong. 'GD'. He was wearing different clothes today, normal ones. An earring with a cross hung from his left ear but his dark black hair was messy and he was wearing a plain red shirt and black pants. Vasudha hated to admit but he still looked like a greek god with those twinkling eyes and perfect lips. Controlling her urges, she spoke up, "Only when I don't want to talk to the said person."

He looked straight into her eyes as if examining her soul. He didn't move for what seemed like an eternity but had actually been a matter of a few seconds. Finally he said, "Is this b ecause of what happened yesterday?"

"Maybe." Vasudha continued walking.

"I hate Seohyun too, just for the record."

"Then why do you hang out with her?" Vasudha asked, making her tone as cold as possible.

"There are certain... benefits. Your friend though-"

Vasudha spun on her heel cutting him short, "Don't you dare make one comment about her." She stepped closer to him, "She is ten times the person you will ever be."

He was taken aback for a second but quickly assumed his nonchalant expression, "Relax warrior. I was only asking if she was okay." 

"Oh." Vasudha blinked and stepped back, "Uh. Sorry."

She looked away and tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear when she felt a sudden pull on her wrist. GD had pulled her wrist so hard she had jerked and stumbled towards him. 

"Much better." he said and freed her hand as she stared at him with huge eyes.

"Yah!" Vasudha yelled, "I am letting you get away with it this once. I am not a girl who likes this kind of stuff so you better watch it. Don't you dare approach me again." she stared daggers at him.

Jiyong looked genuinely surprised this time, as if an old method had failed. 

"Well well. I'll see you later Dragon Warrior." he said and ruffled her hair but she instantly slapped his hand away.

"Is everything a joke to you?" she stared at him like he was a lab experiment gone wrong.; 

"Maybe." he said as he walked away.

"God. That guy is so annoying." Vasudha muttered as she turned away to head to her history class.


How long has it been since I didn't update? o.o

Apologies. Truly. I had major block. I will hopefully start updating more often now but the chapters will be of this length. Comment please ^-^ (if anyone reads that is OTL)