Sunshine

The Winner Takes It All

"What is that?" Vasudha peered at the paper, chewing slowly on her rice. It had dark purple and black patterns with white lettering. It was written in Korean and Vasudha struggled to understand it. 

"See for yourself." the boy named Zelo said to her as he crashed into the seat next to her and propped his feet up on the table. 

Vasudha glared at him as he successfully ignored her. Ultimately the paper drew her attention. She glanced at it again and picked it up to read it carefully.

'SM ENTERTAINER'  it said in big bold letters.

"SM Entertainer?" she raised an eyebrow and glanced at Kyungsoo who had gently shifted into the seat next to Pooja. The latter was staring at the former as if he was a greek god.

"Read the rest." he smiled softly and motioned at the paper again.

Vasudha turned her attention back to the paper.

'For the esteemed students of the Seoul Internation Institue, we bring you the chance of a life time.

Do you want to fame? Do you want to perform on stage along side the best artists in the Korean music industry and the global industry? Do you want an assured shot at fame? Do you want to be, the SM ENTERTAINER?

Auditions are now open. If you think you have it in you to be the first SM Entertainer then audition. We can take you places.

Benefits:-

1. All education fees will be paid in full by the company.

2. An assured album with a collaboration with any artist of your choice who is under SM Entertainment.

3. A world tour with SHINee.

4. Opening for SMTown Concert in Los Angeles.

5. Coaching for singing, dancing, acting, rapping and variety skills. 

6. 100,000 won a week, trainee pay check and regular income after debut.

Rules:-

1. Please carry a passport size photo of yourself. White background. Forehead visible.

2. You can audition twice, maximum. 

3. You must sign a contract with the company if you win.

4. You must be prepared to fly overseas and thus must have a valid passport.

5. Tasks will  be assigned in each round, some solo and some in groups. You must complete each one on time and be ready for the performance. 

6. A trainer will be allotted to you if you are chosen among the top 10. 

We hope you will audition. Keep in mind that there will be a lot of competition. Work hard. We will be waiting for you.

 Lee Sooman,
Chairman

Kim Youngmin,
CEO'

Vasudha looked back up at Zelo and Kyungsoo in turn and shifted the paper smoothly back to them.

"I don't really understand, I'm sorry." she said as she scopped up another spoonful of rice and put it in .

Kyungsoo gave Zelo a sly smile and he looked up at Vasudha, "We think you should enter."

Vasudha had previously been enjoying her food but she instantly started choking. As she hit her chest and coughed, her mind was whirring in hyper speed. She? As singer? Or what was it, idol? Vasudha Rajkumar? Really?

Pooja looked at her worried and ran a hand down her back gently, offering her a glass of water.

Vasudha accepted graciously and slowly sipped at it. When she had successfully calmed herself she stared at Kyungsoo and Zelo. She was looking for any hint of a joke or a prank. Maybe this was Seohyun's doing. As hard as she stared, she couldn't make out any clue that they were kidding. They looked very serious. 

"So, what do you think?" Zelo asked. 

"Are you kidding me?" Vasudha managed to laugh, "I don't stand a chance."

"See?" Zelo turned to Kyungsoo, "I told you she wouldn't want to."

Kyungsoo gave Zelo a look which instantly silenced him. He reminded Vasudha of her grandmother. 

He turned to her again with a charming smile on his face, "Think it over." 

"No thanks." Vasudha said, concentrating on her rice.

Kyungsoo and Zelo both got up. Zelo seemed bored but Kyungsoo had a certain determined look on his face.

"Think it over." he said once again, shifting the paper back towards her. 

"But-" Vasudha was left saying as both of them left.

She stared at the paper once again, picking it up gently.

SM Entertainer. Could she really manage?

                                                                                       ~x~x~x~

"Chanyeol." Seohyun said seductively as she stepped into the boy's room. 

"Seohyun!" she heard a deep voice from a corner and noticed  the tall boy coming out of the shower. He was ruffling his wet hair with his hands. A towel had been wrapped around his torso which was the only garment he was wearing. 

Seohyun grinned as she sat gently on his bed. 

"Whats up?" Chanyeol asked, his dark eyes looking Seohyun up and down.

"I need a favour." she said, "Meet me after dinner tonight."

Gently moving away from the bed and from the curly haired boy, Seohyun headed back to the door when she heard Chanyeol say, "Why should I help you?" 

Seohyun stopped in her tracks, clearly annoyed. Since when had she become answerable to Chanyeol? 

"There is a good reason." she said and stormed off wondering if another one of her pawns had been shaken.