Arrival

But I'm A Boy!

Luhan, you must remember you task at all costs.”

 

I sighed, “but father-”

 

No buts you will do what is needed.” Father said.

 

Yes, Father.” I said, surrendering. How did I of three children, including a daughter get stuck in this situation.

 

Entertaining Princes.

 

And Luhan, don’t forget. The moment you lose those ears, you cease to be valuable. So don’t you dare lose them unless your future is secured.” Father said as I walked up to the villa.

 

Yes, Father.”

 

This . I’m not even a girl, what the hell is up with these Princes?

 

The door opened, “We’ve been expecting you.” An older lady said escorting me up an enormous spiral staircase and then down a long corridor.

 

This will be your room. Inside you’ll find the clothing you are to wear to dinner, laid out on your bed.” She instructed.

 

Y-yes Mam.” I stuttered under her gaze, it was cold. I knew exactly what she thought of me and as terrible as it was, she was right. I’m nothing more then a pretty toy with an expensive price tag to lure, Princes.

 

The room was breathtaking I had an enormous bed with a canopy, a small balcony with a view of the garden, and enormous closet stocked with clothes.

 

I made my way to the bed to change into the clothes they prepared.

A dress?! Seriously?! I’m not a girl! Damn it!” Damn them all. My father, my whole family, the sick demented Princes, everyone. Just as I had finished putting on the dress there was a knock at the door.

 

I opened it to a small cute girl, “hi, I’m here to help you get ready.”

 

Oh...” I said as she walked in. She was wearing a maid outfit. She gestured for me to sit at the vanity, so I did. She put a wig on me and even a tiny bit of makeup, due to my protesting. I fidgeted with the wig, it had whole in it for my ears but it was very uncomfortable. 

 

Why are they making me dress like this?” I asked.

 

I’m not sure. The others never had to but I suppose, maybe they have someone in particular they want you to appeal to.” She said.

 

I sighed, “great.”

 

They aren’t that bad. I mean you should be honored. You have a house full of handsome Princes.” She said.

 

That’s the problem! Why me? I’m not a girl!” I whined.

 

They don’t want girls.” She said.

 

Then why am I dressed like one?” I said horrified as I looked into the mirror.

 

I really don’t know. But it’s going to be fine. I’ll be here to help you whenever you need it okay? It’s going to be fine, I promise.” She said softly.

 

I nodded and took a deep breath.

 

Good. Much better. My name is Taeyeon, so if you ever need anything at all let me know okay?” She said.

 

Okay...I’m...Luhan by the way.” I said shyly.

 

She smiled super bright, “nice to meet you.”

 

I was even more confused now, they had a maid this cute working for them and yet they dress me like a girl?

 

I couldn’t help but be anxious and frustrated as I made my way downstairs, escorted by the stuck up old lady from before.

 

When we reached the dinning hall, two huge heavy doors were opened to us and inside was a long table full of expensive dish wear and a giant crystal chandelier.

 

And a group of tall, well dressed, handsome men. 

 

Your Highnesses, your new guest, Luhan.” She said with a bow. They all turned and eyed me. And thankfully before anything else could happen, it was announced that dinner was ready and everyone, including myself sat down.

 

I was seated by the end, next to a particularly tall and broad shoulder boy and a boy even taller then him on my other side with longer hair who was divulged in conversation with a more feminine looking boy with eyeliner.

 

So, Luhan. Tell us about yourself.” The tan boy across from me said, rolling my name off his tongue.

 

Uh...” I really didn’t know what to say.

 

Any siblings? Talents?” The tall boy beside me whispered, no longer talking to the feminine boy beside him.

Um...I’m the youngest of three.” They didn’t seem very interested, “Also I play violin and piano.” They all suddenly seemed interested again, I noticed that they eyed the boy beside me. He’d been quiet this whole time. I hadn’t seen him talk to anyone.

 

You’re being awfully quiet over there, Sehun.” The boy with eyeliner said.

 

I’m...not feeling well.” He said before getting up and walking out. The others seemed to be giggling, but I honestly didn’t know what was so funny.

 

It was part of my job and courtesy that I had to stay with the Prince’s until they all decided to retire, which to my discontent was not for a few hours. When I was about to finally exit the dinning hall to retire for the night I was stopped by an arm. I turned to face the source.

 

You’re really quite cute...so innocent looking. It’s quite inviting.” The tanned Prince said, Kai, as I learned his name was.

 

Th-thank you.” I said, quietly fidgeting with the door knob behind me. And thankfully it opened and I dashed out and up the stairs to my room. As I changed in my enormous walk-in closet I heard voices.

 

She’s...cute...” A voice said.

 

Yes she is. So why didn’t you say anything to her? I mean you could have at least stayed in the dinning hall with us.” A voice that sounded like the giant’s said.

 

I agree. You musn’t keep pushing people away, Sehun.” A gentle voice said, I could’ve sworn it was from the eldest. Suho, I believe his name was.

 

What’s the big deal? I just said she’s cute, there are lots of cute girls.” Sehun said.

 

Yes but the whole reason she’s here is for our entertainment.” Suho said.

 

Well then why don’t you go and get entertained if she’s so special?” Sehun said. The next thing I heard was a slamming door.

 

I wonder who they were talking about. It couldn’t be...they really think I’m a girl? I can’t take this anymore! I’m a boy damn it! I like sports! I’m good at sports! Girls like me!

 

Why is this happening to me?

 

I sunk into my bed and took deep breaths. I had to calm down. I was stuck here no matter what. There was no way I could return home without being “successful” it would bring shame to my father and I might as well disown myself. I’d just have to figure things out somehow...