Reminiscence

Presence

Sehun is a very special person to Luhan.

He drew him down the right road in life and turned him from the mischievous and obnoxious teenager into the person he is right now.

He was a savior in life, a soul mate and a role-model.

As Sehun slowly invaded his life, the more he became attracted to him. By the time they moved in together, he was almost like an additive drug. And as time goes by, he slowly developed dependence. Luhan is accustomed to waking up, wrapped in Sehun’s arms at 8 in the morning to get ready for work; addicted to making lunch and breakfast with him in their small cozy kitchen and mesmerized by the way Sehun kisses him goodbye. Everything about Sehun was like a dream come true. He has his own prince charming and their own house, although not as magnificent as his parent’s, but a very comforting and unique one.

Although they have occasional fights and arguments, ironically, it had the effect of building their relationship closer together; it was magnetic.

The harder they argue, the more they realized how much they cared and valued each other.

Luhan would occasionally come up with bizarre and obscure ideas such as: watching movies that scares him to death with Sehun, and sobbing in Sehun’s embrace at night when he couldn’t fall asleep. After putting himself in the same position over and over again, Sehun finally said something about Luhan’s “self-harming” actions when Luhan was about to insert the Grudge into the disk player. As expected, the stubborn deer would argue about how this movie is too good to miss and he can’t give up his one and only hobby, while Sehun just waits for him to run out of excuses. After a couple of minutes, Luhan would start wrapping up his long speech and Sehun can start his less lengthy speech. The speech would be mainly about how Luhan is a masochist and he loves torturing himself by watching movies that makes him cry like a new-born baby. Sehun then starts explaining about how this is not a healthy mental state but if Luhan can’t resist the urge and pleasure, maybe he should ask Sehun to fill his deepest desires instead. One thing for sure is that Sehun’s face is definitely more pleasant to look at than the white pale banshee that crawls around people’s houses. But the example above is just a more pleasant and less serious case.

But occasionally, their quarrel to go down the wrong road, and the results would often be devastating like the current situation that tormented both of them.

To be quite honest, Luhan didn’t really favor his birthday at all. Even though it meant a celebration and tons of fun but it was still rather painful because it kept on reminding him that he’s constantly aging. Age was always a bugger on his mind ever since he went out with Sehun, who is four years younger than him. Sehun would always cheer Luhan up by stating how dating older guys is better because they are more mature and knows how to take care of people but that’s just a white lie to Luhan. It was quite obvious that Sehun has been taking the role of older and more mature boyfriend. Luhan was constantly reminded that he should be more responsible and act his age but he was never good at enforcing anything clammy on to himself. 

When Sehun said he should be the more mature one in his relationship, it wounded Luhan badly as if pressing hard on his pressure point. He pondered about himself, his life, and this relationship. He compared himself with Sehun and concluded that Sehun undeniably and voluntarily devoted a lot of his time trying to please him and keep this relationship together. Then he looked at himself. What did he do other than causing trouble and getting frustrated because of jealousy.

With that thought in mind, he walked out the bubble tea, trying to track where Sehun could possibly be. When he saw some stranger walked passed him with Starbucks in one hand, it rang a bell.

“Right, Starbucks.”

He headed towards the intersection that links him to his destination but before he could continue farther, he found what he was looking. Sehun was on his tiptoe, searching and seeking, the moment he saw Luhan, his lips curled upwards and his eyes squinted to a mere line. He walked straight towards him, across the road as if the upcoming traffic and the surroundings are no longer there.

He continued to walk across the street where a red vehicle is gradually accelerating. 

Within the blink of an eye, Luhan rushed of the sidewalk and the urge of protecting Sehun made him even more ataractic than he already was. Actions come faster than words; as he pushed Sehun away, he only had one thought in mind: ‘Sehun was in danger and I need to save him’.

What he remembered before his long sleep was the sound of metal against flash along with piercing pain and the sight of Sehun, safe and sound, right beside him.

 

 


 

 

The first sight Luhan saw after his eternal hibernation is whiteness; white ceiling, white curtain, and white bed sheets. Everything was washed with white, clean and pure; white was his favorite color.

Feeling the urge of stretching his mobilized body, Luhan sat up, but something was holding him back. He turned and saw a hand holding on to his. Tracing that familiar, warm hand, he saw the recognizable shade of auburn, lying on his bed, asleep.

Luhan untwined his hand from Sehun’s and got out of bed. He walked up to his boyfriend and carefully scrutinized every feature on Sehun’s beyond average face, as if he was painting a picture inside of his head. He slowly tilted Sehun’s body back with one arm while the other reached for his legs. Cautiously, he carried Sehun on to his bed and he crawled in on the opposite side. With an arm around his boyfriend, Luhan fell back asleep.

 

 


 

 

Before gaining his entire consciousness, Sehun felt something that was extremely uncanny. The warmth and softness he was feeling must have came from the bed but the question was how did he get all the way from the chair to the bed. ‘I was probably too tired to remember the exact movement’ he thought, but the hand on his waist made him think otherwise.

Sehun turned back with the speed faster than lightning and saw Luhan lying right beside him, all angelic and dreamy. Without a second thought, he leaned over and kissed his boyfriend right on the lips. His kiss was rough, violent and lustful, as if punishing him for leaving him for 3 years of his life. He yanked open Luhan’s closed jaw and took him by the tongue. His hands were feeling up and down along Luhan’s pale yet smooth milky skin. His tongue sought inside Luhan’s mouth, wanting eagerly for a reaction. When the two tongue tangoed, Sehun pulled away and whispered, “if didn’t just wake up today, I would rip your cloth of right here at this moment.”

Luhan smirked as he opened his eyes, “is this how you greet someone who just woke up from a comma.”

Sehun ignored him and continued with his mouth work, he always thought actions spoke better than words.

“Give me a break, I just woke up and have barely enough strength to get out of bed, you beast.”

“You had a three year long break, I think it’s time to make up for me and you know what. And stop lying, you had the strength to carry me, a 60kg grown man on to your bed.”

“Sehunnie,” Luhan pouted, “pretty please, buing buing.”

“Don’t do that, I’ll want to you more.”

The two laughed, kissed and talked until they fell asleep on their king-sized bed, both with smiles on their face and fingers intertwined with each other’s.

 

 


 

 

It was mid April in South Korea when temperature is rising steadily every day, and the atmosphere held a certain air of optimism from the cheerful faces of the shoppers. The empty streets are now filled with people in various summer clothing, chatting and laughing with one another. People are constantly going in and out of the shops with their friends; the streets shows no resemblance of what it was like for the past season. Among one of the most crowded streets, there is one road that is exceptionally empty and held an air of serenity. At the very end of the deserted road is a little bubble tea shop that stood out distinctively. It is overflowed with teenagers submerged in their own conversations without any regard to their surroundings. Unsurprisingly, they paid no attention to a new customer that came through the front door.

As the young man pushed open the door, a soft chime rose above all other noise and reached the store owner’s ears. The boy had a look of contemplation on his face. The store owner is a lady in her late 50s. Because of her kindness and niceness, this store was exceptionally popular even though it is in one of the less crowded streets.

 “How can I help you today, Sehun?” the store owner asked while intruding the young boy’s thoughts.

“Oh, yes. I would like two bubble teas please, a chocolate and a taro.” The young man replied.

The younger shoved his phone back into his pocket after his order arrived. He grabbed the two cups of tea with his free hand and headed towards a discrete corner of the store. He chose a table with two chairs face to face with each other.  Before he sat down, he went to the chair across from him and pulled it out as if it’s an old habit. After doing so, he sat down on one of the chairs with the chocolate bubble tea place in front of him while he placed the taro across from him.

Roughly a minute later, another man rushed in with an apologetic smile across his face.

“You are late,” Sehun said, “You own me the time I wasted waiting for you.”

Luhan smile, “Sorry, I’ll pay back with the rest of my life, is that enough?”

“Of course not, I need your after life as well.”

 

/AN:

thank you so much for waiting, my original promise was like before June and its almost July already, otl. I'm so sorry. 

Anyways, there is Presence for you guys. My very first fanfic is now complete. I hope you guys like the ending. 

Personally, I dont really like sad endings and I think I began the story extremely dolour already so yeah... 

Ahhh, no more guilt of not updating. 

Thank you for reading, subscribing, and commenting. I love y'all <3

Have a nice summer! 

I might start another story in the summer if any of you are curious :P