Icy Kiss

Icy Kiss

 

The icy, frosty flakes made contact with Zitao’s soft, gentle lips which caused him to purse his lips in an elastic grin. Zitao’s favourite season had been always winter–for the sole fact because of the snow. He absolutely enjoyed the sensation of freezing, delicate snowflakes making contact with his warm, porcelain skin.

He was rotating himself around, basking in the glory of Christmas, until he was interrupted by the husky, deep and familiar voice he always yearned to hear.

Zitao.”

YYifan,” Zitao blushed suddenly as he jerked around immediately, obviously shy and embarrassed. “HHow long have you been watching me?”

“As long as I needed to officially proclaim you the cutest panda I’ve seen on earth,” the taller man smirked.

It gave Zitao another opportunity to sneak a little blush, hoping he could pass it off as the cold affecting his complexion.

“C-Cutest panda? Don’t tease me, gege,” he pouted, not making eye contact with the daring dragon before his eyes.

“Why would I tease you, when I can simply state the truth?”

Silence, Zitao reckoned he’s the one that made the situation subtly awkward. “Uhm, so. What do you want gege?” Zitao suddenly regretted asking such a pitiful question.

“I wanted to see you, Zitao. I like talking to you, and being with you so I figured I’d spend my time with you on Christmas,” Yifan let out the smile that Zitao loved so dearly. ‘That smile, please show it only for me.’

They let out exasperated breaths, the carbon dioxide condensing into mist filling the space in front of their faces. Tao adjusted his scarf and put his numb, clammy hands into his pockets. Yifan noticed his discomfort, and warmly smiled.

Yifan always knew what to do.

He rummaged through his own pocket of his thick jacket, slipping out a pair of warm, knitted mittens, held out in front of Zitao. Zitao blinked incredulously and glanced at Yifan. “Gege? MittensFor me?” He tilted his head.

“Yes, of course. I always prepare things just in case. Keep them, they used to be my favourite pair.”

“Thank you gege,” Zitao appreciatively smiled, putting on the mittens with such grace. Yifan didn’t reply and instead slipped his arms unexpectedly behind the boy, around his waist snugly.

Zitao’s eyes went wide, stiffening and feeling his heart reach an exuberant rate. The heat in his cheeks rose and suddenly thought it was getting hot in there.

He extremely enjoyed the embraces of Yifan, as if nothing else could measure the love he had for the older man. He was too perfect beyond words—something that he couldn’t explain. “Y-Yifan,” he mumbled. With them like this, his mind couldn’t concentrate and all the words he tried to say, ended up in a mush of jittery mumbles.

“You’re very warm,” Yifan muffled his face into the crook of Zitao’s neck. Zitao’s blushes increased and turned around.

“I know.”

“So, Zitao. Can you help me with something?” Yifan interrogated, a slight waver of anxiety or nervousness hinted in the tone of his voice.

“N-Neh,” Zitao slightly squeaked, wondering if was the sudden contact of a freezing snow flake to his now boiling warm lips.

“I like this person; scratch that–love this person, and I’m wondering how I should confess my feelings.”

“Oh, I see. You have to be straightforward I guess. Take a risk, anything could happen. Confess to them in the most sweetest way as possible,” Zitao’s heart ached incredibly as his curiosity was devouring him alive. He wondered who Yifan the godlike, mysterious man loved—someone that was not himself, certainly.

“Really? I should go confess to them then. I want to make their Christmas a whole lot special,” Yifan giddily smiled, swaying on his feet in anticipation. Zitao looked down, then up at Yifan, nodding shyly and turned his back to proceed home.

“Good luck. I hope for your and that lucky person’s happiness,” Zitao started to depart, biting his lip as he tried his ultimate best not to start shedding any precious tears or they’d freeze.

“Hey Zitao, wait!” Yifan shouted. He started running after him, grabbing ahold of Zitao’s hand.

Zitao stopped in his tracks, confused as to why Yifan chased after him instead of heading the other way around…

GegeWhy aren’t you going after that person? Don’t you have to tell them your feelings?”

“But that’s exactly what I’m doing, Zitao,” Yifan confessed. Zitao’s eyes grew wider, the heat flushing his perfectly carved face.

“Wh-What?” Zitao continued stammering, uneasy in his chest and stomach.

Yifan chuckled, taking off the mitten of his held hand and kissed each of his knuckles delicately, snowflakes making a way on his pale skin melting against Yifan’s lips. Zitao blushed a deep shade of crimson and looked away. ‘Don’t look at my face.’

Zitao, listen to me. You can hope for your own happiness now. This skin, this beautiful skin it intrigues me. You’re overly perfect. You’re the most beautiful panda on the entire planet. Don’t leave me, Zitao. I came all the way here, after I had the guts to build up the courage to confess to you,” Yifan looked deeply into Zitao’s shy, entrancing brown orbs. “I liked you for a long time, maybe you hadn’t noticed. And I’ve grown to love you this deeply. Zitao, I love you,” he closed his eyes and intertwined his fingers with Zitao’s.

Zitao’s heart nearly terminated its functioning. ‘Did I hear this right? Wu Yifan is loving me?’ Zitao’s eyes filled with salty tears, barely staying in his eyes. He gently squeezed Yifan’s hand and a tears slipped out. “Gege, really? Is this reality?”

Yifan laughed, caressing Zitao’s now wet cheek, wiping the cold tear. “This is not a dream. I don’t expect an answer. Merry Christmas, Huang Zitao,” Yifan leaned in for a quick, chaste peck on the lips and turned his body. Was it the cold snowflakes burning against his warm skin or was it the burning need to keep Yifan held back so he could listen to him?

“YifanWait,” he constrained, suddenly pulling Yifan back as he swerved his body forward and leaned in. He tilted his head, locking his lips with the older, causing Yifan to be quite shocked, yet he closed his eyes in pleasure and relentlessly returning the sweet, innocent kiss. He could feel the sudden iciness from the snow falling continuously from the vast sky so did the latter. Both smiled against their lips, fulfilling their contact and Zitao slightly pulled away, his forehead pressing against Yifan’s.

“I love you too, Yifan. Since forever,” Zitao blushed and finally confessed. After a year of stressing himself and knowing Yifan, he gained the confidence to return the special three words to him. Yifan’s smile grew larger, intertwining their fingers and gazing at each other deeply. This is what they wanted: pure bliss, love, happiness. Zitao glanced up at the sky, his lips as he absorbed the melted ice. He smiled widely, knowing Yifan is right there next to him, spending Christmas Day in harmony. Nothing could get in between them; he loved Yifan with all his heart and soul, one touch and he’s on cloud nine.

Zitao always loved the snow more than anything–it brought him good memories.

But there’s that special place in his heart for Yifan, who was always an exception.