Final

My Everlasting Doll

 

"SU MIN AH! COME HERE!" A lady in her mid twenties called out from behind the van. Few seconds later, a little girl came running towards her mother, holding onto a dolls arm.

"Ne, umma?" She asked, tugging onto the ends of her mother’s pencil skirt. The lady bent down to the girls height and ruffled her hair.

"Where is appa? Go look at your room with him, hm?" She said. The girl’s eyes brightened up when her mother mentioned her father.

"NE!" She screamed before turning on her heels and running towards the house. She entered and called out for her father.

"APPA! APPA!" She screamed, ditching her doll at the front door.

"Su Minnie?" A man appeared from behind one of the doors, papers in his hand.

"Yes, dear?"

"Umma said that you have to show me my room!" She smiled eyes wide with anticipation. Her father blinked before setting down his papers on the nearest table and picked her up, setting her on his hips. They walked towards the end of the hall and turned right, he opened the door and walked in with Su Min still in his hips, he set her down on the floor and watched her spin around in circles with her arms out, while he leaned on the door frame.

"WAAH! ITS PINK APPA! PINK!" She exclaimed, pointing at the pastel pink walls. She also had a bed with pink blankets; a white canopy was dangling from the ceiling. She jumped on the bed and squealed out in happiness.

"IT’S BEAUTIFUL!" She called out towards her father. He chuckled as he saw his 5 year old daughter jump up and down, crinkling the new bed sheets.

"Come on, Su Min, we have to go and help umma with the furniture" He said, reaching out for her to grab his hands. She nodded and slid her small hands into his hands. She skipped towards the front door but stopped when she saw two men holding a human sized doll; it possessed pale white skin, black hair and pale red lips. She stopped and stared at the boy, tugging onto her father’s shirt.

"Appa, what is that?" She asked, her eyes not leaving the doll. Her father looked at her before casting his gaze at the boy.

"Ah, that? That is a doll that my mother gave me before she passed away" He watched the men set it on the floor, letting it lean against the white walls. He had his eyes closed and was limp, he was flawless but since she was only 5, she was creeped out by the doll.

"It's scary" She whispered, hiding behind her father’s leg and clutching onto his thighs. Her father looked at the little girl with a shocked expression.

"Scary? There is nothing scary about it" He said as he inched closer to the lifeless doll. The girl whined and shook her head rapidly. Her father smiled a little and squatted in front of the trembling girl.

"You don’t like it? Do you want me to hide it?" He asked. She nodded; he ruffled her hair and stood back up again.

"Excuse me, can you please place the doll up in the attic please?" He asked the two men. They nodded and brought the doll up into the dark attic.

"Happy?" He asked but she didn’t reply as she watched the doll get further and further away from her.

"Happy?" Her father asked again, the girl snapped out of her trance and broke out into a smile, following her father out of the door. I was only 5 then, I had a new house and a happy family, and I thought I would never see the doll again, until I thought wrong.

12 years later

"Umma, I'm home!" I yelled from the front door, I sighed and struggled to get my shoes off. I walked into the kitchen but was shooed off by my mother.

"Su Min ah, get cleaned up" She sternly said as she pointed at me with her spatula. I groaned but before I walked off, I grabbed a cookie and dashed off towards my room. My room was painted and designed. My walls were now a light grey and my bed sheets were white and black. I still remembered the first time I entered my room, pink walls and pink sheets. I smiled at the memory. I dumped my bag near the door and finished off my newly baked cookie.

"Yum" I my lips and wiped off any crumbs that was on my lips. I grabbed a pair of shorts and an over sized t-shirt. It was only 5:00 so I decided to do homework, if I didn’t do it father would be very upset and yell at me, once again. Every since I entered high school, he acts as if I'm a machine and expects me to do homework every day, every minute. It was frustrating. My father was once the loving father that any child would want but now ... he was being a pain in the . I shook all the negative thoughts out of my head and continued on with my math’s work. An hour passed and I was getting sleepy, I had a project due tomorrow and I need the score otherwise my father will go berserk. I walked into my bathroom and pulled out a blue bottle with white pills in it. I took one out and swallowed it. I walked back to my desk and continued on with my work.

"SU MIN AH! COME OUT FOR DINNER!" I heard my mother shout from the kitchen. I dropped my pen on the work book and rubbed my aching temple, it was now 7:30. , I studied for 2 hours and 3 minutes. It was a bit cold so I took out a black oversized jacket and wore it. Before exiting, I stuffed the pills into my pocket. I dragged my feet across the floor and made my way towards the kitchen.

"Umma, has appa arrived yet?" I mumbled as I helped out with the rice. She shook her head and looked at the ticking clock. She smiled softly and patted my head,

"Don't think about it hm, it will hurt your little head" She said before turning back to the soup. I sighed and set the table, just in time the door bell rang.

"I'll get it!" I ran towards the door to see my father’s tired face, I smiled at him softly but he just stared at me with a tried gaze. I frowned and stepped aside to let him in. He took his shoes off before going to his room to change. As always, he didn’t exchange any 'Hellos' or 'How are you going?’ I sat at the table and waited for my parents to come. After a few minutes they were seated and eating away. I took small bites, not feeling hungry anymore.

"Su Min, how is school?" I heard my father ask. I lifted my head up and stared at him before casting a look at my mother, she sighed and was getting ready for another fight to break out.

"Good" I replied shortly. He stopped eating and stared at me.

"I found your test paper at your desk" I froze, this wasn’t good.

"58%? Su Min, you got 58% in your test" He said in a disbelief tone.

"Appa, I was sick for a week and didn’t have time to study"

"Sick? Is that your excuse? If I was sick, does that stop me from going work?" He questioned. I didn’t say anything; I knew should have burnt that test.

"Answer me Su Min!"

"I'm done, thank you for the meal" I stood up and was about to walk away but then my father rose from his seat as well.

"I'm still talking!"

"I dont care" I sighed out; I was on the verge of breaking.

"Young lady! Where are your manners?!" He screamed. My mother was at his side and tried to calm him down.

"I do everything for you and this is how you treat me?" I could see veins forming on his forehead. I scoffed at him before looking at him straight in the eye.

"Everything? Y- You have been treating me like a living machine, sending me too homework clubs, tutor, I have lost all my friends because of you! No one wants to be friends with the nerd that doesn’t care about anything expect her studies! I’m sick and tired of coming home everyday just to face my work book, heck I can’t even go shopping with umma because you think 'it’s a waste of money' and I should be using it on books" I shouted at him with a trembling voice. Tears were now streaming down my face.

"Have you ever thought of what I wanted?! I want a normal life where I can come home to two loving parents but I can’t because my father wants me to study all day! I barely get enough sleep, I'm on pills appa!" I took the pills out from my pockets and shoved it towards them.

"SEE?!" My mother gasped and looked at the bottle before staring at me, but my father had a blank face, his eyes filled with nothing but sadness and regret.

"I'm sick of it!" I murmured out; tear tumbling down my face with a waterfall. I sniffed and wiped my checks with the back of my hands. I shoved the pills into my pocket and turned around, running towards my room.

"Su Min..." I heard my mother weakly call out for me but I didn’t listen. I was about to enter my room decided to go into the attic. I would always go there whenever I get into a fight with my father. I climbed up the ladder and crawled towards the window, looking out into the park. Kids were swinging while their parents pushed them, tears tumbled down my face was I watched. I leaned my head on the window frame and closed my eyes, slowly drifting off into sleep.

I woke up when I heard a loud thump coming from a couple of meters in front of me. I jumped and blinked a couple of times to get the blurriness away. I slumped back into the wall when I didn’t see anything. I looked out into the sky and it was pitch black, I took the pills out of my pocket and brought it to eye level. I remembered what the doctor told me when he handed it to me, 'Don't drink too much of it otherwise you ... can overdose yourself'. To be honest, sometimes I did think so overdosing myself... but I didn’t since I knew that it was a stupid decision. I felt tears forming back up again; I was an emotional wreck right now. I cried without noises, bitter silent tears tumbling down my face.

"Why are you crying?" A deep voice asked from the shadows of the attic. I gasped and dropped the bottle. I looked up, my eyes searching for the figure.

"Who's there?" My voice cracked as I tried to speak. Silence, I didn’t even hear any breathing.

"Hello?" I asked my voice clearer this time.

"Hello" He answered after a few seconds.

"Who are you?"

"Me? I’m..... My name is Oh Sehun"

"Can I ... see you?" I asked, after he gave me his name. I heard shuffling then a figure emerged from the shadows. I gasped as I saw him, he was pale was snow white, his hair black but with some dust specks in them, lips red and his eyes brown with a hard gaze. I recognized him; he was the doll from 12 years ago. He sat in front of me, just a couple of meters away from me.

"You're ... a doll, h-how can you s-speak?!" I shouted lightly, not wanting to wake my parents up.

"Why were you crying?" He asked, avoiding my question. I frowned and crossed my arms.

"Answer my question, then I'll answer yours" He smirked lightly and titled his head to the side, amused.

"You're rather stubborn"

"Thanks, heard that before. Now answer my question" His smirk dropped, replacing it with a serious look.

"I was cursed, I was originally human but was cursed by a witch. She turned me into a 'doll' and made me fall asleep for hours, you can call it a coma but when midnight strikes, I wake up. She died and didn't release me from this curse, your grandmother found me and feed me whenever I woke up. She herself couldn’t break the spell since she was too old, she then passed me onto her son, which is your father. He too left me food for me but stopped few months ago" He spoke while looking out window, as if longing to go out. Do I believe this? Yes. Am I crazy for saying yes? Probably. I knew back then when I first laid eyes on him, there was something about him that wasn't normal, he was too human like to be a doll.

"How did I survive? I stole food from your kitchen" He gave me a sheepish look, no wonder why food kept getting missing.

"You don’t believe me do you?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I believe you" I whispered out. He was shock but then smiled; I blushed as I stared at him. He looked better when smiling, heck I felt ugly when I saw him smile.

"Your turn" I sighed again and tucked my knees under my chin. I started to tell him about my father, how I lost all my friends, how frustrating life was, the white pills, everything. All her did was sit there and listen to my life story. He would shuffle closer once in a while; he was now sitting next to me. I ended with tears streaming down my face again but I stopped after a few minutes.

"Don't cry" Sehun said after a few minutes, he raised his hand and brushed my wet cheeks with the back of his fingers. I stared at him as he gave me a sad gaze. We talked for a while, getting to know each other. Sehun was a nice but an at the same time. I fell asleep after a few hours, my head slipped off the wall and fell onto his shoulder; he smiled softly and closed his eyes as the sun was rising.

I woke up as I heard birds chirping, I got up with my back aching like hell. I looked to my right and saw Sehun sleeping soundly, his chest not moving. I brushed my fingers across his pale cheeks and got up, stretching before making my way towards my room and getting ready for school but casting a look over to the sleeping doll before going. This would go on for a months, I would go visit him at midnight and we would eat and talk about our life. Well, more like I would do all the talking and he would listen, making smart remarks once in a while. As I talked with him, the more I realized that Oh Sehun was once a human and had a simple wonderful life before all this crap happened, thats when I wanted to help him, help him turn into human once again. I was slowly falling in love with him, weird huh? I barely know him and I'm already falling in love with him but there was something that pulled me towards him.

"Sehun, how do you take the curse away?" I asked, playing with his long pale fingers. He chuckled at my random question.

"Why? Are you secretly a witch?" He joked. I shot him a small glare but that didn’t stop him from laughing.

"I want to help you become human" I whispered, this time that made him shut up. I looked up at him, his face was emotionless again.

"It’s easy, I just need to stay awake when the sun rises" He said, looking out the window just like the first time we talked.

"That’s it?"

"Yeah but it’s not that easy, it’s like a force. As the sun goes down, my heart stops beating." He sighed, his hands clenching.

"Why can't you do it?" I asked.

"If I did, what will I do? Where would I go? I have no one out there" He said with his eyes closed.

"You have me" I blurted out, thank god it was dark otherwise he could have seen my red face. His eyes snapped open, staring at me.

"I-I mean, I could h-help you start your life and um .... yeah" I awkwardly said, looking around the attic.

"Would you be there if I became human?" He asked. I nodded my head, my face still pink. He nodded, determined.

"The sun is rising" I stated, as I watched the bright sun bright up the once dark city. I watched Sehun as he watched the sun, his face started to sweat, his eyes started to drop.

"Sehun, stay awake you can do this!" I shook him to wake him up, he groaned a bit, he squeezed his eyes shut and clutched onto his chest, and then everything stopped. He stopped moving and stopped groaning.

"Sehun?" I shook him a bit but he wasn’t responding. I wanted to cry but I bit my lips, I came help him again tomorrow. We can do this! I dabbed his sweat away with my sleeves and setting him on the wall again.

"I love you ..." I whispered out unintentionally, I didn’t know why I said it but I wanted to get it off my chest. I sighed and stood up; turning around to go to my room but a hand shot out and grabbed my wrist, preventing me from moving. I froze and stopped walking; I turned around robotically and saw Sehun with one of his eyes opened panting softly.

"Hey" He said weakly. I threw myself on him, screaming out in happiness. He made it, he was human again.

"You did it!" I yelled out, hugging him tightly.

"Yeah, I did" We hugged each other for another few minutes before he pulled away slightly.

"Say it again" He whispered. I frowned and pouted a bit.

"Say what?" I asked. He raised his eyebrows and smirked, I thought back to what I said before, and then it hit me. I buried my red face into my hand and screamed softly. I was mentally trying to kill myself.

"Say it ~" He cooed nudging me. He secretly wanted to hear those words so he would say it as well, he was just about to turn into a doll when he heard those 3 words, and it brought him back to life. He removed my hands from my face and moved forwards just a few inches away from me. I stared at him as his eyes pierced into mine, as he leaned closer my eyes fluttered close. He softly pressed his lips against mine, I wrapped my arms around his neck bring myself closer to him while he brought one of his hand to my neck and the other to my waist.

"Say it" He whispered as he broke the kiss, moving back a bit.

"I love you, my everlasting doll" I said pecking his nose. He smiled brightly and leaned in for another kiss.

"I love you too" He whispered against my lips.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LOL RANDOM TO THE MAX! HOPE YOU LIKED IT ~

BTW HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT EXO'S COMEBACK?! IF THIS IS A TROLL IM GOING TO FLIP A TABLE! I CANT WAIT !! LUHAN, TAO, BAEKHYUN, KAI, KRIS, XIUMIN AND SUHO CHANGED THIER HAIR AUIVBNSOIBNAEOINB THEY LOOK FUDGING HOT! IM STILL WAITING FOR CHEN, SEHUN, CHANYEOL, D.O AND LAY TO SHOW THIER HAIR!

PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE ~