2

Different.

She was with someone. A man, she was with a man smiling, and laughing like she had never smiled before. Her arm was linked with his, and they looked happy together. That was when I realized that I was standing still in the middle of the crowded street with tears flowing down my face. Each time I blinked they were coming closer towards me, about one more time and they would be standing right in front of me, and they were. She looked worried, and he looked at her with a surprised expression on his face. "Do you know this girl?" She looked at him, and smiled. "She was just a friend, but  no. I don't know her at all." She walked passed me happily holding his hand with their fingers now intertwined with eachothers. I stumbled down to the floor, and started to bawl my eyes out.. 

"Why do you have to be so mean... All I wanted to do was see you smile, and all you do is treat me like I'm some piece of trash on the street.." 

Lime was someone that I could never reach. Someone that was so far away from anything that I could ever hold in my arms. She was tall, talented, fun to be around, and smart at the same time. She was everything that I thought was perfect to me. She may have never talked in class, but outside she was totally different while around her friends. She smiled more, and seemed like everything that was boring had become into something that was very fun. Totally the opposite of me.. My mind filled with countless worries, and they never seemed to want to go away. I got up from the ground and tried to run somewhere, until eventually the world around me that was filled with light, was now filled with darkness. I cried, and tried to run away from it. But it lasted forever. The darkness around me never seemed to stop, the light never came back. I ran until I finally fell of the edge, I fell and I couldn't find anyone to help me. To save me. I closed my eyes, and waited for my life to end. But I could feel that I was still falling, and I suddenly opened my eyes. It was full of light. That was when I noticed that I was in a terrible nightmare. "Even sleep is trying to kill me now.." I quickly got out of my bed, and went straight into the bathroom. I looked into the mirror. "I was even crying in my sleep..." I the sink, and splashed my face with cold water that startled me at first but I quickly got used to the feel of it. I got dressed, and stood outside of the door looking at my phone. I thought that I would have gotten a text message from Lime saying Good Morning like usual, but there was nothing and I realized that I totally forgot about yesterdays events. That was when I felt my heart in pain again, I couldn't breathe. All I want to do is just sit in an empty place and cry. Tears flowed down my face, and I smiled. "If you put on a fake smile, even with tears. Everyone will think that you're alright." I continued on walking to school, and It was crowded as usual  in the morning, and everyone looked at me, but it wasn't a look like there was something wrong with me. They all smiled at me, and I waved at them. 

I hope I don't run into Yooyoung today.. Worse. I hope I don't run into Lime, and Baekho. I bet they're having fun together, talking about anything, anywhere, at anytime.. I bet she's smiling alot.. I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. "Yo." I turned around, and saw that it was Baekho. He was one of my closest friends, I forgot to mention that.. He told me everything about him, but we've gotten distant in our first year of high school. "What do you want?" I looked at him with a glare, and he frowned. "What's the matter?" I smiled, and hugged him. "Oh, it's nothing. Everything's fine." He smiled, and nodded his head. "Sure, everything is fine. Where's Lime?" I blushed, and looked away from him, and began to walk to my Math class. We had sixth period first today, and it's quite terrible because Lime always stays in that class talking with her friends or studying. Considering that she doesn't talk to me anymore, and ignores me.. "She's with her friends." He grabbed my hand. "I thought that you were her friend?" I glared at him. "What made you think that?! She doesn't talk to me, she doesn't even look at me with the same level of happiness as she does when she looks at her friends! She hates me!" He looked at me with a shocked expression on his face. "You don't know that, she could be nervous." I quickly turned around, and walked faster. "Yeah, she's nervous. That's why she gives me the impression that she hates me." I heard him sigh, and he started to walk. "What class are you going to?" I turned around, and realized that he was right behind me, and that gave me a bit of shock. "Why are you following me?" He smiled, and linked our arms. "I'm coming with you, because I don't want you to cry alone." I frowned, and shook my head. "What are you talking about? I'm not going to cry.." He smiled, and hugged me. We were right in front of the classroom. "It's okay to cry, nobody can stop you.." I started to tear, and it started to flow out like crazy. "I-I don't understand anything anymore.." He held me tighter, and patted my head. "I don't want her to hate me. I just want to be close to her, someone that she will remember but it's all over now.. It's ruined.." I burried my face in his chest until I finally stopped crying. "It's okay, things will get better. I'm one of her friends, a close one in fact. I'll let you know if anything happens okay?" He smiled, and hugged me again. I wiped my face, and smiled. "Thank you, I love you Baekho." He smiled, and nodded. "You too. If I weren't different like you, I think that I would love to be with you." He turned around and walked away. I blushed, and continued into the classroom.

There she was.. Sitting at her desk, with a book.. She was always reading something. I walked passed her, and I quickly saw her look up at me, but quickly gazed back to her book. I sat down at my desk, and took out my notebook. I wonder what Lime always thinks about.. I started to write about different things in there, it was filled with all of the emotions that I was feeling, and school work that I had to do. I heard the classroom door open, and saw that it was a tall pretty girl with long brown hair and she looked over at me, and then quickly rushed to Lime. "Hey, are you ready to go to the class?" Lime looked up, and smiled beautifully. "Yeah, let's go." She got up, and walked out of the classroom.. Since they went in the opposite direction I could still see Lime walking with that girl.. I guess they were best friends.. Or they could be more.. But I doubt it.. I noticed that Lime looked back, and she wasn't smiling at me she looked worried, and turned around quickly. I sighed, and saw that my teacher was watching me. "Is there anything wrong Yoonjo?" I blushed, and smiled. "No there isn't anything wrong Mrs.." She frowned, and got up. "If you have anything you need to talk about, I'm here. That's what the teachers are here for, besides obviously teaching." She giggled, and I did the same. I quickly glanced down to my notebook.. I turned to the back, and I began to write something.. It wasn't something happy, but something rather depressing.. I felt my tears flowing down my cheeks and onto the white page of the notebook. I started to bawl, I hid my face in my arms, and pretended to be sleeping but actually crying softly.. 

Why can't I be close to you like everyone else? Why are you only like this to me? I'm sorry for whatever I did, I really am..