stress

one time too many
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He set the alarm for 10 am, Korea time. When it shrilly rang, she snuggled closer to him and he turned it off and stood up, calling Jae on the phone. He’ll ask Jae maybe Yoona can squeeze them in without an appointment.

“jae, sorry to call this early. But I need a favor.”

“that’s ok, I’m at the office already. What favor is this?” typing away on his laptop.

“Well, Somin needs an OB right away. I just thought, you know, Yoona can squeeze her in with her busy schedule and all.” He asked, with his hand in his hair.

“Ok I’ll tell her, then I’ll call you again.”

“OK bro, I owe you.” he ends the call and went back to his wife in bed. he turned the TV on, and watched  a soccer game while she slept beside him. Halfway into the game, his phone beeps.

She can see you at 130 today. And she told me to tell you to bring her favorite donuts. Jae

Thanks bro. tell her thanks for us.

“baby, wake up, we have to get ready, Yoona can see us today at 130.” He kisses her awake.

“uh.” She still slept on.

He tickled her awake. “baby, wake up, we’ll see Yoona at 130. Remember Jae’s fiancé? The OB?” hearing the word OB, she opens her eyes.

“really babe? now?” she grins at him, her excitement evident on her face. “Thank you babe!” she hugs him.

“Yes really babe. now, move. Shower then get dressed, we’ll have lunch then we’ll buy her donuts.”

She stands up and rushed to the bath, undressing and steps into the shower. He picked her clothes for her from their shared walk in closet, a yellow mini dress that reaches her knees and wedges. When he was turning around, he saw her pads on the table, and he touches it. He bought 5 packs, but now there’s only 2, meaning she used all 3 packs in 3 days. He’s getting more worried for her, but he kept quiet. He undressed and joins her in the shower, and as he says, it’s a waste of time not sharing it.

After getting ready, they left for the nearest mall to buy Yoona her donuts, and to have a quick lunch. After lunch, they went to CHA Gangnam Medical Center. Yoona’s office is in the fourth floor of the left wing of the OB GYN department. They walked hand in hand, talking, and he sensed her hurt when they met couples walking together with babies on their arms or the wife is holding onto the husband and very pregnant.

When will my turn come?  She thinks to herself. Imagining her and Hyun joong walking together, with her tummy big because of a baby. she sighs. He looks at her, and she gives him a smile that doesn’t reach her eyes. They finally got to Yoona’s office door and knocked. He goes to introduce himself and his wife to Yoona’s secretary, who was expecting them. The middle aged Mrs So showed them in, and closed the door after.

“hello Yoona. We brought your order, showing her the box of her favorite donuts, and she stands to greet them. Somin bowed to the older girl. but she was hugged instead.

“Welcome to the family! Finally I get to meet the girl who tames the great Kim Hyun joong.” she tells Somin. somin immediately took a liking to Yoona. They sat on the couch, facing Yoona. They talked a little more of Hyun joong and Jae’s escapades, making Hyun joong blush.

“But now, Jae said, you needed to see me right away. What’s the problem?” Yoona asked her, and Hyun joong takes her hand in his.

“Well, six months ago, I was given pills to correct my hormonal imbalance. In the six months, I had fairly regular menses, but this weekend, last Wednesday, I had menses again, and I was still in the middle of my pill pack. Then it was heavier than usual. When we were in Hong kong, it stopped for a day then it came back and it still hasn’t stopped until now.” Somin tells Yoona who was taking notes.

“And I bought her five packs of pads, she used three of them in three days.” Hyun joong adds, his worry clear on his face.

“Ok I see. Min, please follow Mrs So, she will take you to the examination room. And you can change there as well.” She tells Somin, and Mrs So takes Somin with her. she turned to him, her nervousness tangible but she went.

“Hyunnie, I know you’re worried. I’ll check on her ok? And yes, you can join her.” she smiles at him, knowing how much he wanted to be with his wife. He immediately left the room and followed Somin in the exam room where she just changed into a gown.

“Babe, I’m here.” he calls her from the door, and Mrs So instructed Somin to sit down on the table and told Hyun joong to sit on the chair in the corner then she left. Hyun joong went to SOmin, and takes her cold hands.

“Babe, I’m here. don’t be afraid ok? Yoona will just do a few tests and ultrasound. Then we’re good.” He tells her, kissing her forehead, and she only nodded. Just then, Yoona came in.

“Min, please lie down and we’ll do the ultrasound first. Hyunie, you can sit with her if you like.” She tells him with a smile on her face. He sits down on the chair beside the bed. yoona then started to do the ultrasound, first on the outside, and changed the probe so she can insert it in her.

Yoona checked for anything, but said nothing to them. He just  held her hands.

“Ok Min, we’re done. Now we’ll do internal exam. Hyunie, if you want to leave, it’s ok or you can sit on that chair” pointing to the chair Mrs So gave him. He opted to sit on the farthest chair, and turned his back so he wouldn’t see what Yoona was doing to his wife.

“OK Min, that’s it. The last

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter