The last string of hope

Undying Love

 

 

 

"Hae-ah, we need a model. Do you want to join us?" Jessica asked. 

 

In the company where she worked her part time job, there were a lot of models too. But unluckily, most of them were a lot older.

 

Though she had kissed most of the handsome models, she still wanted to have her boyfriend there. just to keep him away from hanging around with Taeyeon after class.

 

"They pay really well, and you don't have to work everyday." She tried to convince him.

 

"But I've got no experience and all…" Donghae said. He was more into dancing and singing, rather than modeling.

 

"But you've got a handsome face and that makes it all" Sica said.

 

Yes, he had a handsome face. And most of the girls in school drooled for him if it wasn't Taeyeon the only girl he hugged and held hands with. 

 

Donghae looked at her, she had those cute pleading eyes that he couldn't resist.

 

"Ok… but I can't promise to last long" He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

 

"Yay! That's great to hear! You'll rehearse with me~"Sica hugged him, tightening and pushing her body agains his.

 

---

 

"Taeng, are we going?" Changmin asked while shaving his bag on his shoulder.

 

After their sport rehearsal, they used to go to the 'hit the mole' play, to keep their points and win the peas pot.

 

Taeyeon smiled at her friend, she was wearing a 'i'm sorry i can't' face, Changmin just smiled back.

 

"It's ok" He watched to she released her hair from the pony tail, covering her shoulders as her perfume delighted him.

 

"I'm sorry, Donghae asked me to help him with something. Tomorrow, ok?" Taeyeon's face was still full of guilt.

 

"It's ok, really" He caressed her hair, the word 'Donghae' was annoying for him.

 

Taeyeon nodded and smiled to him, leaving him on the court where she just had her volley practice.

Changmin watched how she left, he knew she was excited to meet him since they hadn't hang out for a while.

The tall boy sighed sightly as he walked to the street market.

 

---

 

Two hours had passed and Donghae hadn't arrived. Taeyeon called his phone many times, but he never picked up.

She leaned on the main gate of the school and waited patiently. He wouldn't have dumped her or forgotten about her, that was impossible.

 

"Are you still waiting? What a fool" She heard someone say.

 

Taeyeon's head rose to meet the eyes of two beautiful girls. They were both tall and could have been mistaken as twins if their skim color were the same.

 

"You know Donghae oppa won't come, you can go home" The girl with tanned skin said, smirking.

 

"He will" Taeyeon said stubbornly. Her instincts told her that she was wrong, that Donghae had already left her. But her pride told her not to admit it.

 

"He's probably very busy with Sica unnie, they must be making out" The other girl said.

 

Taeyeon was surprised to hear Jessica's name. Who were they and why did they knew about them?

And the worst part was that her comment hit her very hard. She tried not to get hurt by these girls, but it was impossible since it was related to Donghae.

 

"We're here to warn you. Keep your hands, head and heart out of him. He's taken. And Sica unnie won't leave him that easily, you better give up" 

 

"Oh, by the way. He's modeling. Ask us why we know, we're new brilliant models Yoona and Yuri" They sounded so confident that made Taeyeon look at her feet.

 

"Midget, you're not pretty, you don't have a nice body and you're family isn't rich. What do you have to compare with Sica unnie? Plus, that ridiculous friendship of yours will never be as strong as love" They mocked and walked away, waving happily to the tearing girl.

 

… Maybe they are right…

I don't have a thing to compete with Sica…

I try… I try to believe in you

if you don't come, then…

you're really proving that our friendship worths nothing.

 

Taeyeon sat down and hugged her knees, she buried her face into them and sobbed quietly. 

It was hard for her, she had hid her feelings for a long time, hurting herself as she always pretended to be his best friend. And always standing right beside him, whenever and wherever he need her, she will be watching over him and having his back.

 

It was getting solder and colder, the sound of a thunder was heard. Taeyeon shut her eyes as her tears were mixed up with rain drops.

 

The rain poured and poured. She was glad to receive them. It was like receiving her own tears. She faced the sky, enjoying every drop that hit her face. Smiling, she knew it was time to give up.

 

---

 

Changmin walked from the stall where he always ate. Taeyeon's smile a thumbs up after eating noodles with him kept showing in his mind.

Then he noticed himself standing in front of her house, staring blankly at her window.

 

He heard some footsteps, maybe it was Taeyeon, since it was starting to rain. He wanted to see her, even if it was from far away. He felt like a horrible stalker, but to make sure she was safe, everything was worthy.

 

But to his surprise, it was Donghae. And to his 'bigger' surprise, his girlfriend Jessica was clinging from his arm. She laughed as she covered with her free hand. Ugh, so lady - like.

 

"So, did you like today's basic modeling class?" She asked.

 

Donghae nodded, he didn't really liked it, but he knew he had to pretend he did. 

 

"Oh I knew you would love them~" Jessica smiled proudly.

 

"Sica, it's going to rain. You want to come in?" He asked.

 

Jessica nodded and smiled 'shyly'. Changmin didn't know why was Donghae so blind to this girl in front of him.

 

---

 

He run to back to the school, all soaked.

 

There was the girl he looked for, still smiling. He loved her cheerful side, but that smile wasn't really cheerful at all.

He frowned as he knew, behind that smile, how much wounds were she hiding. 

Changmin hugged Taeyeon tightly, making her jump in surprise.

 

"Let's go" He said.

 

"I can't."

 

"Let me help you" He leaned close and kissed her.

 

She never thought that her first kiss was going to be taken by someone that wasn't Donghae. Yet she felt all his caring and love, Taeyeon didn't know what to do, she placed her hands on his chest, and, slowly wanting to pushing away, her legs gave up and her sight was gone.

 

Changmin made it in time to hold her. She looked so pale and fragile, he took her bridal style and walked back to her house.

 

"Omo, Changmin!! What happened? Why are both of you soaked?" Hyoyeon opened the door and helped him to Taeyeon's room. 

 

"Wait a minute please" She closed Taeyeon's door to change her into some comfortable and dry clothes and walked out.

 

"Here" She also gave him a towel. And then she run to get medicine for both of them.

 

"Can you tell me what just happened?" She asked worriedly.

 

"Noona, he left her waiting" That was all what he could say.

 

Hyoyeon's fist tightened. She was about to slap the door and walk out. Changmin knew that she would go to Donghae's house to yell and probably hit him, so he stopped her.

 

"Noona, that won't help" Changmin said as he dried himself.

 

Hyoyeon tried to calm down. She made him and herself hot chocolate, and she asked Changmin to stay over, since it was storming.

 

Changmin walked to Taeyeon's room, he sat beside her and checked for her temperature. She was burning. He offered to watch over her, and Hyoyeon gave him some of her father's clothes.

 

"Where are your parents?" Changmin asked.

 

"Oh, they went on a trip." Hyo said.

 

"Changmin-ah, can I entrust her to you?"

 

Changmin looked at Hyo. Was he too obvious? Or someone spread the fact that he liked Taeyeon.

 

"I can't promise anything, but I will do my best" he said.

 

Hyoyeon smiled sightly and pushed him to Taeyeon's washroom.

 

"Go take a shower of you'll be sick too." 

 

Changmin nodded and got nervous. This was Taeyeon's place, her room, every little detail showed how was her.

 

---

 

"Omo… what…" 

 

Amber run back to her house. She went to call Taeyeon so that she could call Donghae, but she found Changmin sleeping beside her, well, he was sitting on the chair and just placed his head and arms on the bed. He wasn't even touching Taeyeon but Amber… you al know her.

 

"Oppaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Amber shouted as she jumped and punched her brother.

 

Donghae groaned angrily as he pushed her off his bed, making his sister hit the floor hard.

 

"Yah!!! come up quick!! You'll lose Taeyeonnie to Changmin oppa!" Amber yelled as she grabbed his blankets away.

 

"What are you talking about… something with Tae and Changmin?" He opened his eyes and ears.

 

"He slept in unnie's room" Amber said, making Donghae jump of surprise.

 

"What?" He stood up and walked down. How the hell could this happen, he knew her so well yet he had never slept in her room. Yeah, sure, they had had sleepovers before, but it was always Taeyeon who went to his place.

 

A sudden anger came up as he walked to Taeyeon's room. Watching them sleeping peacefully made him more angry. 

 

…So, you're not coming to call me because he's here?

Well, you have to come call me. I will shove him away.

 

"Get up!" Donghae shouted.

 

Taeyeon jumped in surprise as Changmin opened his eyes. When he noticed that Donghae was the one who yelled and who woke Taeyeon up, his fist fastened.

 

"Get out of here!" 

 

Changmin was getting angry too. Who the hell he thought he was. He pushed Donghae on his face, making him fall.

Donghae punched back, some sort of jealousy consumed him. And he thought it was his prove of friendship.

 

"Who said you could sleep in my best friend's room?!" Donghae shouted angrily as they started a tough fight.

 

"I will make her my girlfriend, Lee Donghae" Changmin mumbled as they kept punching each other.

 

Taeyeon frowned as she sat up. Amber was trying to pull them away but it was impossible.

 

"Stop…" Taeyeon said.

 

Changmin stopped and Donghae punched him. Taeyeon's hands were reaching towards Changmin's face when she suddenly fainted away.

Both guys were surprised, and since she was closer to Changmin, he was the one who hugged her back to her bed.

 

"Don't touch my best friend again, never ever" Donghae said as he watched how he brushed a strand of her hair away.

 

"You don't have the right to talk here. You dumped her in the rain, causing all this" Changmin stared into Donghae's eyes. He saw how his friend's eyes changed, from anger and jealousy to guilt and caring.

 

Changmin walked to ask for medicines. Amber punched his brother's arm.

 

"You're losing her" She said, she walked to Taeyeon and placed her hand over her forehead.

 

"She's my best friend and she won't leave me. So I will never lose her" Donghae said, to himself and to Amber.

 

"You pabo" Amber cursed her brother.

 

---

 

"So, how as it girls? Did you see the midget? " Jessica asked her friends.

 

"Oh, yes! You don't have to worry unnie, she's like a 10 year old kid. Nothing special" Yoona said.

 

"Yeah, and she doesn't even have nice body…" Yuri said, showing her curvy body line.

 

"You see? I'm right~ She will never win my boy's heart" Sica said as she laughed. 

 

"Right unnie. And guess what? she's dumb after all, she still waited for him" Yoona laughed as Yuri nodded.

 

"Oh, I know. She's his so called best friend" Sica smirked.

 

"Unnie, I can't wait to see what will happen next. We have to teach her who's the boss here" Yuri said.

 

Sica smirked.

 

Yes, nobody could get something that was from Jessica Jung.

 

---

 

"Lee Donghae, out" Hyoyeon said, giving Changmin the medicines.

 

Donghae was about to plead when Hyo pushed him out and close the door in his face.

He sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck. 

 

… What was I thinking? why did I forget about her…

I hope she will forgive me…

Aish, and now who will help me with Sica's birthday present…

 

Donghae walked back to his house. Luckily, Amber was still in Taeyeon's house. And he knew that his lovely sister will keep him updated from Taeyeon's situation.

 

"Amber, unnie has to talk to you" Hyo said

 

"You really like Tae unnie, right?" 

 

Amber nodded. 

 

"You know what happened to her lately, regarding your brother and his girlfriend… I think you should give up. there's no way for them to be together" Hyo said.

 

Amber looked down.

 

"He doesn't deserve Tae. No matter what you do, he won't even notice her. So, keep your effort to make Taeyeon unnie happier, ok?" Hyo asked.

 

Amber nodded in silence. All what Hyo said was true. Taeyeonnnie had waited for too many years. She deserved to be happy too.

 

Amber walked out silently, she didn't want to face her stupid brother, and she walked to the park.

 

---

 

Changmin coughed and coughed. He patted his chest and tried to stay silent, but Taeyeon was already awake.

 

"Oppa, you're sick" Taeyeon said. Her voice was lifeless, as she sounded so decayed. 

 

"Gwenchana" He said as he changed the towel and put it on her forehead.

 

Hyoyeon entered the room and frowned.

 

"I better take you two to the hospital, before it get's worse" 

 

"Unnie" "Noona" Both of the said.

 

Changmin looked at Taeyeon as she looked at him too. Her eyes showed that she was scared of hospitals…

 

"Noona, please. I promise I will be ok, and I can help you take care of Taeyeon. Please don't take us to the hospital" Changmin asked.

 

"By tomorrow… if you both aren't getting better, I will take you both to the hospital" Hyoyeon said.

 

Taeyeon sighed in relief and Changmin nodded.

 

"Gomowo Changmin oppa" Taeyeon said.

 

Changmin smiled and sat beside her.

 

"Just get better, ok? I want you jumping around like always" He said.

 

Taeyeon smiled sightly and nodded.

 

"Tae, can I… be your boyfriend?"

 

Taeyeon looked at his swolen face, caressing his bruises and wiping away the blood that was left on the corner of his lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Annyeong~~

how are you doing, dear readers?

did you like this chap?

what do you think about changtae? should Tae give Changmin oppa a chance?

you know that Sica is very possessive, right? So if Donghae oppa gets closer to Tae, she will react worse.

 

/pouts and taps chin

what do yu think about the current situation..?

please leave your comments...

let my coauthor know that I miss her and I want her back~

we must work together T.T

 

chingu-ah!!

get your awesome self here and write the next chap please~~

 

 

 

-S