Kim Taeyeon, Born to be loved

Undying Love

 

 

Changmin was completely shocked after Taeyeon's revelation. Her tears made him realize that it hurt, it hurt him so much. To know that the girl he loved his entire life was suffering, it really hurts.

 

Changmin wiped her tear tenderly, and placed his arms around her, hugging her into his warm lap.

Taeyeon didn't know what to do. It her parents of sister found out, they will get despaired, and surely they will abandon everything for her. 

 

She didn't want that. Taeyeon wanted to keep her sickness for herself. But it was too much, it felt like her chest was exploding, from the moment she walked out and saw Donghae, she realized how she needed someone that could listen to her, and that would stand beside her, catching her when she falls.

 

"Oppa, don't tell anybody, ok?" Taeyeon asked.

 

Changmin frowned, knowing that she will hide her health conditions. But somehow he could understand, cause if he was in her place, he'll most probably do the same thing.

 

"But promise me you will let me be by your side. And, you'll get the treatment" Changmin said.

 

Taeyeon looked down. It was expensive, and she knew her parents were saving for both their college.

 

"I… don't want to get the treatment… " Taeyeon said.

 

"Taeyeon-ah… no matter how long, how painful or expensive it is. I'm willing to help. Please, you must go under treatment" 

 

"But… the treatment involves exclusion. I have to stay alone… and mom and dad will find out…" Taeyeon said, looking at him. 

 

"We can go abroad. You can get treated in another country, we can tell them that we're going to study" Changmin said.

 

He had saved a good sum of money, working on part time jobs and saving all these years. He knew that probably that wasn't enough, but he was willing to work harder if needed.

 

Taeyeon sighed. He gave her the best solutions. Nobody will find out about her sickness, and she could get treated too. Taeyeon smiled sightly.

 

Looking at how she smiled Changmin's heart was completely broken. He didn't know, what did she had in her petite body that gave her so much strength. In these cases, any girl will just cry and cry nonstop.

 

"I will arrange everything, and we'll go as soon as possible." He said, caressing her hair.

 

"Gomowo"

 

Changmin smiled and hugged her.

 

"Oppa… I'm sorry I'm being a burden" Taeyeon closed her eyes.

 

Changmin smiled and kissed her forehead.

 

"Thanks for burdening me, my cutest burden" Changmin . Taeyeon giggled as she kept her eyes closed.

 

---

 

"Tae, mianhe. I'm taking Sica to the prom…" Donghae said, sitting at his window.

 

It was long time since he chatted with her like this, face-to-face. 

 

"It's ok." Taeyeon smiled.

 

No, it was not ok at all. They had promised each other, since the first day of school, that they were going to be each other's partner when graduating. Since Donghae was a year older, they will both attend together their proms.

 

And now, Taeyeon's last wish was vanished. She kept the little hope to spend some time with him, her best friend, before going abroad and leaving him.

 

"It's ok…" Taeyeon repeated.

 

…Since I am breaking our promise to stay together forever, I think you can break that other promise too…

Hae-ah… If only I could tell you…

 

Donghae looked at her with 'sorry' eyes. Taeyeon gave him the most beautiful -yet heartbreaking- smile.

 

"I'm sleepy… See you tomorrow" Taeyeon said and closed her window.

 

Donghae kept watching her. Even if she closed her window, her curtains were always opened, so he was able to watch how she walked to the bathroom, how she combed her hair and then disappearing to go to bed.

 

He sighed. Even though he had watched for all these years, he never found it tiring. She was cute, pretty and over all, pure.

 

"Oppa" Amber appeared in his door.

 

"What?"

 

"Oppa, Taeyeonie is the one you love." She said.

 

"Don't say silly things, Amber" Donghae turned to face the mini Donghae standing in front of him.

 

"You're the only one that can't realize… even mom, dad, Hyukjae hyung knows" Amber said.

 

"You say that all of them think that I must be with Tae?" Donghae asked.

 

"I thought you were the fool" He said to his sister.

 

Amber pouted as she sat on his bed.

 

"Sica unnie might be pretty, but deeply in your heart… you need Tae unnie" Amber said.

 

Donghae chuckled. "Just like you said, I need Taeyeon because I've been attached to her, I depend on her… But that's an habit you know? That's not love" Donghae said, trying to explain what was different between Taeyeon and Jessica.

 

Amber was speechless. Her brother was right in some way, but she felt that Donghae was not the same happy Donghae he was.

 

"Aish oppa… Changmin oppa will get to be her boyfriend, my last warning…" Amber said.

 

"Amber, oppa likes Sica unnie." He wanted to say 'love', but something was on his throat that didn't let him say it out.

 

Amber sighed and walked out. She shook her head to her parents, who were waiting for her answer.

 

"Appa… omma… he's still not realizing…" Amber hugged them.

 

---

 

Taeyeon coughed blood again, she run to the bathroom and locked herself up. Watching how blood stained her cheeks, she let a tear roll down.

 

"Kim Taeyeon, be strong… today's a special day…" Taeyeon said and washed herself.

 

Hyoyeon knocked the door making Taeyeon jump in surprise.

 

"Yah Tae! Hurry up!! Guess who's here!" Hyo said happily. By her tone and voice, Taeyeon chuckled. It must be Changmin oppa.

 

She smiled and walked out. Changmin greeted her with both a hug and a smile.

 

"How are you, princess?" He asked.

 

Taeyeon blushed sightly as she hit his arm. Hyoyeon laughed at the cute couple and grabbed her things.

 

"I'm going out with Hyuk, take care" She waved. "See you at the party!" 

 

She meant the prom. Taeyeon sighed as she sat down.

 

"So, are you going?" Changmin asked.

 

"No…"

 

"And if I ask you, will you come?" 

 

Taeyeon's eyes locked with his. She smiled sightly but then shook her head. Changmin pouted.

 

"Wae? I'm going to be really handsome, don't you wanna see me?" Changmin teased.

 

Taeyeon chuckled.

 

"Ani… I'm sure you'll gonna be really handsome. Just that… I don't want to ruin your…"

 

"I knew it was that. Here" Changmin took out a big box and gave it to Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon looked at him, and he nodded.

She opened the box and her eyes went wide open.

 

"Lady Tae, you should close your mouth, you're drooling" He teased.

 

Taeyeon hugged him tight, leaving him shocked. He smiled and hugged her back.

 

---

 

Donghae escorted the prettiest girl on the ball. Jessica was wearing a low V dress, showing her perfect cleavage. Her make up made her feel like queen of the world. Donghae was getting annoyed of all the glances boys were sending her.

 

Amber jumped out from nowhere and hugged him tight, with a warm smile on her face.

 

"Oppa~ Congratulations!" She said. "Though you barely did it to graduate, you're still a good oppa for me" She said, not forgetting to .

 

"Yah, what do you mean that I barely passed, huh? You little brat" Donghae ruffled her hair. 

 

His little donsaeng looked very pretty with her dress. He knew that she was driving tons of boys crazy too, but they kept a distance from her since they knew he was very protective.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica caught the eye of a handsome guy. He smiled at her and she smiled back.

 

"I'll go for some punch" She said to Donghae. Donghae nodded as she left him.

 

"Yah oppa, did you invite Tae unnie?" Amber asked. She was looking for Taeyeon but nobody had seen her.

 

"Yes, I invited her. But she said she wasn't coming" Donghae said.

 

"Too bad… I'll get bored if she's not here"

 

Since she was 7 years smaller that him, there were no kids of her age to play with her. 

 

Amber pouted cutely and crossed her arms. 

 

"Oh did you see volley leader? She's stunning…" Male voices were heard.

 

"Yeah, she's an angel…" 

 

"She's so pretty… I want to ask her out…"

 

Donghae and Amber frowned, their facial expressions were in sync. They turned right, but there was nobody that looked like Taeyeon. So they turned left…

 

Both their jaws were dropped.

 

The most beautiful and angelical girl, with a slight smile walked in. All the focus of the party was on her, like she had just arrived from heaven.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And there he was, standing like a gentleman, escorting her and telling her to be careful with the stairs. They knew that it was the first time Taeyeon used high heels, she must be hell scared.

 

The simplicity of her hair, dress and make up, made all the girls feel ashamed of themselves. Even Jessica was staring at Taeyeon, cursing her silently.

 

After thinking of all methods to embarrass Taeyeon, Jessica gave up when Changmin's piercing eyes looked straight to her. He totally looked like the prince in shining armor. Suddenly, Jessica felt jealous and she swore to herself.

 

…I don't believe that you will stay loyal to her forever…

… no one can resist my charms…

… just wait and see, Shim Changmin…

 

---

 

Taeyeon smiled as she followed his steps. Turning in circles slowly, synchronizing with the music.

Changmin looked into her eyes. She was so beautiful. He felt lucky to have her in his arms.

 

Amber looked at them. She was speechless, just as her brother.

Donghae couldn't take his eyes away from her. She, was the most perfect being that he had ever seen. Her eyes, her hair, her dimple... 

His heart was beating for her, but at the same time, he felt how her smile was killing him, since it was not for him, it was for another guy.

His fist fastened, he knew that it was his place, but he lost it. Changmin was living his life, so perfectly accompanied by his muse.

 

Bleeding? no, his heart wasn't bleeding. It was the first time that his heart ached like he was dying. He left an ironic chuckle, and force himself to walk away.

 

And to his bad luck, the girl who came with him was kissing another guy. Now he laughed. How could he be such an idiot all this time? 

 

"I'm done" He said and walked to the balcony, where he could have some fresh air and be alone.

 

Amber looked after her brother, she just realized the same things as Donghae. Jessica was a player. And Taeyeon was in somebody else's arms.

 

She felt so bad for his brother, and she took the decision to go to her.

 

Jessica was slapped, she turned furiously to find Amber. Her expressions softened as her fake mask was covering her again.

 

"Oh Amber… this.. this guy was trying to me… where is Donghae?" Tears were almost rolling down. If it wasn't because of her precious make up, she would definitely cry a scene in front of Amber.

 

"Too late unnie, oppa saw everything" Amber said.

 

Jessica was shocked as she run to find Donghae. 

 

Amber sighed and walked back. This night that was supposed to be celebrated by her brother, ended up tearing his heart in two.

 

---

 

"Oppa, about your question… I'm ready to give you the answer" Taeyeon said. 

 

She felt that Changmin got nervous. She chuckled and nodded sightly.

 

"If you don't care about my sickness…" Taeyeon said.

 

Changmin smiled widely as she nodded. He hugged her and spin her around. Her beautiful, clear and cheerful giggles were heard.

 

"Gomowo Taeng!!" He stopped and kissed her cheek.

 

Then, they hugged again.

 

"I have a surprise for you" Changmin said.

 

---

 

Amber hugged her brother, who was sitting like a ghost on his bed. He was completely gone, cold and lifeless.

 

"Cry if you want, oppa" Amber said.

 

Donghae smiled.

 

"Those are Taeyeon's words… whenever I needed her… " Donghae mumbled.

 

Amber sighed. She looked through the window, and watched through Taeyeon's curtains, that now were closed.

 

A tall boy's shadow walked to the shorter shadow. He gave her a cushion and both hugged.

 

Yes, it was as drama movie. Amber walked towards the window to close his curtains. But she was stopped by Donghae.

 

"Leave it. I want to look at her, no matter what." He said sadly. He remembered when he closed his curtain to Taeyeon. That was when Jessica was at his room. He regretted so much.

 

He called Sica, telling her directly that he wanted to break up. He didn't give her any minute to explain herself. Cause there was nothing to explain. Both his mind and heart belonged to Taeyeon now.

 

---

 

"Here" He gave the huge peas pot to Taeyeon. Taeyeon smiled widely and hugged him.

 

'It' was the witness of all the time they spent together. It was the most special gift that she had had.

 

"Gomowo oppa!!" Taeyeon said happily.

 

Little did she know, that right beside her, was her best friend suffering for her.

 

 

 

---

 

Anneyong everyone!

 

a quick update, hope it touched your heart.

 

please leave your comments, they are really important for us.

 

love, 

 

-S