Chapter Seven

Pretty Little Liar

 

 

 

 

 I remember the day I first met Choi Sulli.

 

I was late for English class so, I quickly grabbed all of the books I needed as I quickly shut my locker afterwards, the sound echoing across the almost-empty halls. I reached into my pocket to find my timetable. I was still semi-new to the school, and I still had trouble finding my way around the place.

 

Lie. I was already somewhat familiar with the school at that point. I just wanted an excuse to wag.

 

The combination of words still didn’t make sense to me. What the was up with all these letters and numbers? Why couldn’t they just simply spell out: “YOU HAVE ENGLISH IN ROOM 15”?!

 

I was past the point of caring that I was late, so I just wandered around the school in curiosity. The three separate buildings were tall and creatively built. There were two buildings for the classes, and the other one was for gym. On the right corner of the school, the arts building were being constructed. Even the -crack-showing tradesmen had a polished, snobby air around them.

 

The complicated paths and corridors soon led me outside. The scenery was still taking my breath away. It was like a scene from a movie --- in the middle of autumn, the trees were thick with auburn leaves, some of them scattering all over the floor. The grass was perfectly cut and groomed; flowers were delicately blooming along its edges. A huge fountain sat squat in the middle of the two towering buildings, adding a plash of blue in an otherwise dark interior. Not a scrap of rubbish or graffiti could be seen. Even the trashcans were cleverly hidden.

 

I stopped for a second to breathe in the cool, clean air as I admired the way the light reflected against the bright red leaves that were strewn artfully on the pavement. Yeah, environment wise, this was definitely the best school I had ever been to.  Whether I was caught by a teacher or not wasn’t really a difference to me. I just carelessly walked around, relishing the sound of leaves crunching against my feet. These said feet eventually led me to the back of the school --- the football field.

 

“5, 6, 7, 8!” I heard a feminine voice shout. Ground-shaking music started to play, which almost made me jump out of my bones. What the….?

 

I followed the sound and was met with a pyramid. A human  pyramid, to be exact. Tall, athletic girls were all balancing each other painfully, each with a ty little blue outfit along with a fake smile on their faces. I quickly hid behind the giant rows of metal chairs, which I had already forgotten the name of. I peeked out from behind them --- the cheerleaders.

 

I watched them until the bell rang, fascinated by all the flips, twirls, and stunts that they performed. How the hell did they ever manage to even pull off potentially self-harming stunts while wearing tiny little skirts in this weather? It didn’t make sense to me at all. I wasn’t the one for sports anyway.

 

That was a small lie, by the way. I used to play soccer. I still do, even. However, let’s just get to that another time.

 

After they all finished practicing, the bell had already rung. The cheerleaders were squealing, hollering, and jumping up and down about how great the practice went by and how perfect their little lives were, while I quietly snuck my way back to the rest of civilization.

 

“Hey! What the hell?!”

 

I immediately froze upon hearing somebody say those words. . I was caught red-handed. Slowly, I turned around and I was faced with a tall girl with jet black hair with her hands resting on her hips. The blue and white cheerleading uniform seemed to fit her like a glove, and I watched her foot tap on the soft grass.

 

“What are you doing here?” she sneered, her beautiful face twisting into a y expression. It was quite stupid of me, I guess, but I had never heard of Choi Sulli up until that moment. I was merely a wandering loner. Nobody bothered to keep me up to date with all the school gossip.

 

“I was lost.” I simply lied.

 

“Really?” she asked, her voice dripping with sarcasm. “You were so lost that you hid at the back of the stand and watched as practice for an hour? What the hell are you, a lesbian? You know, you’re not as invisible as you think.”

 

“No, I just---“

 

“Just what, wanted to join the team?” she scoffed. “Like that’s ever going to happen.” she snickered.

 

I just blinked at her, quite surprised on how she was treating me. “Excuse me?”

 

She stared at me for a second, before her dark eyes widened in recognition. “Oh my God, you’re that retarded liar chick, aren’t you?!” she laughed. “I knew it! Luna, look who I found!”

 

I didn’t turn around to even see on how her bimbo friends might react. I spun around quickly, running as fast as I could towards the opposite direction. I could still hear the snickers that were happening behind me, and I held my books tighter to my chest. Tears threatened to fall across my cheeks, but I didn’t want to give her the satisfaction of making me cry.

 

I have been bullied, pretty much my whole life. It was something that I had to put up with --- something that came along with my gift. This time, though, something about it was personal, and at that moment, I knew that I would never hate anybody more than I had hated Choi Jinri.

 

 

 

 

.