Chapter 30 Part 2

can the pain be cured?

The second time Wooyoung wakes up, he was surrounded with somehow familiar scene. He remembers it deep in his memories. He looks around and notice how everything still in its place the last time he was here; his old room. Wooyoung get down from the bed and walk to the living room where he guesses everyone will be. Once he gets there, before he manages to say anything he is brought into a tight hug.

“Wooyoung!!! my baby. Finally you come back home.” His mother clung to him and breaks into tears.

“Umma…” Wooyoung just simply hug his mother and feeling terribly guilty leaving them all this while.

“Woo…appa is…your father is…” His mother continues to wail. Wooyoung drag his mother to one of the sofa to calm her down. It’s a wonder how he can remains so calm in this situation. He guesses it might be the prescription he always took doing their wonder.

“Umma, you should calm down. I’m here; I’ll take care of you.” Wooyoung tries to sooth his mother worries. His mother just simply nods.

“…and if you’re feeling better, we should go and visit appa.” Wooyoung said before the silent consume them. Minjun and Chansung who keeps on being silent the whole time look shock hearing the words coming from Wooyoung’s mouth. Oh, they know pretty well how much Wooyoung hates hospital after what happen to Taecyeon.

“Minjun hyung…I guess your father give a very strong medicine to Udong huh?” Chansung asks in whisper.

“I’m afraid it’s too strong. He’s too calm that I think he look creepy.” Minjun answers in a frown. Chansung nods agreeing.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

They are all in the hospital. Mrs. Jang is sitting beside her husband while Minjun, Chansung and Wooyoung looks from afar. Mr. Jang is lying unconscious on the bed with wires covering his body everywhere. Chansung who is standing next to Wooyoung can feels Wooyoung iron grip on his arm. Wooyoung was clearly trying to fight the tremble of his body. Chansung feels that his arm is starting to get hurt decide to pull Wooyoung away from the scene. Once they are out of the room, Mr. Hwang greets both of them.

“Chansung, Wooyoung.” Mr. Hwang speaks first.

“Dad…” Chansung answer softly and Wooyoung just nods.

“Are you ready to go?” Mr. Hwang asks. Wooyoung doesn’t speak a word and just follow his uncle to his father office. When they arrive, the lawyer had been waiting for them.

“I know this is inappropriate and it hurts you a lot, but this is a matter of urgency. We need to name you as the next owner to calm the shareholders down.” Mr. Hwang said in a calm voice. Wooyoung just listen attentively to the explanation and just comply with everything that he has to do.

“I’ll finalize everything and you can enjoy yourself for this moment before you take over.” Mr. Hwang ends the discussion before leaving with the lawyer. Wooyoung release a heavy sigh once they were gone.

“Now what are you going to do Udong?” Chansung asks suddenly. Wooyoung sighs again.

“I have a lot of thing to ask you and I want answers Udong.” Chansung asks firmly.

“Do we have to this now?” Wooyoung asks frustrated. Chansung keeps on glaring towards Wooyoung. He won’t back off until he gets explanation for what his cousin had done toward his best friend.

“I just want to know why you did what you did toward Nichkhun, and you better have good explanation for that, because Udong I’ve known you for many thing and plain cruel was not one of them.” To say Chansung was angry was understatement. He is clearly pissed off with Wooyoung action. Wooyoung release another defeated breath. Wooyoung stands up and walk towards the door.

“Come Channie, I’ll take you to some special place and then I’ll explain everything.” Wooyoung said before walking out. Chansung also follow suit.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

They arrive at a park after 30 minutes long journey. Once they get off from the car, Chansung recognize the place immediately. He watches as Wooyoung walks towards one of the tree at the park. Chansung anger dissipates a bit when he sees Wooyoung kneel down in front of the tree and trace something on the tree bark. Chansung walks closer and stands behind Wooyoung. He knows pretty well what were engraved there. Chansung watches as Wooyoung trace their name one by one until he stops at his and Taecyeon’s name.

“You know Channie…” Wooyoung speaks suddenly breaking Chansung from his daze.

“Hurm…” Chansung answers, signaling Wooyoung to continue.

“Since i start the relationship with Nichkhun, I can feel myself getting happier. Little by little, it becomes easier to face my fear. I feel warm being with him. I feel loves, and I love him for it.” Wooyoung speak while smiling to himself.

“Then why do you end it? Why do you leave him?” Chansung asks feeling totally confuse by now.

“Because I love him, I leave him.” Wooyoung answers a bit frustrated.

“Huh? What do you mean Udong?” Chansung asks clearly can’t understand what’s going on in his cousin mind.

“Because I’m in a terrible state right now. Everything is in chaos. I don’t want him to come with me and being trouble with my problem. There are so many things to do…too many memories. How can I keep him happy, make him believe that I’m happy with him when I, myself don’t know if I can keep my sanity check at this time.” Wooyoung is nearly in tears right now. Chansung exhales a deep breath and massage his head.

“Seriously Udong, I learn many things about you today. You’re cruel, selfish and seriously stupid.” Chansung blurt out.

“Wha…” Wooyoung clearly shocks. He’s loss for words at Chansung remarks.

“Jang Wooyoung shi, even when I’m not experience in this field, I know that deep in my heart Nichkhun is happier to be with you through all this trouble than you walks away and leave him behind. You only think for yourself without considering what he feels. You’ve broken him beyond repair Wooyoung.” Chansung speaks seriously.

“But…I thought…” Wooyoung can’t continue his word when Chansung shook his head.

“It’s your thought Udong. Not his thought. Don’t you ever consider that Nichkhun loves you like how Taec hyung use to love you? If it’s Taec hyung, what will happen if you did what you did toward him?” Chansung asks hastily. Then the realization struck Wooyoung.

“Taec will be furious. But more than that he’ll be sad, because I don’t believe him enough to share my problem with him, that I don’t consider of going through every hurdles together with him, that I don’t give him the chance to let me know that I can relied upon him…oh god…Channie…what have I done?” Wooyoung asks. His face was completely pale. Chansung shook his head.

“Then what make you think Nichkhun is different from Taec hyung Udong? He loves you for god sake!” Chansung nearly scream. All of this is stupid. Completely stupid. Wooyoung was unable to speak a word.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

After the heated conversation with Chansung, Wooyoung decides to walk around to clear his head off. Since he was just walking around, he decides to go visit Mr. and Mrs. Ok, Taecyeon’s parent since he’s in the vicinity. Once he arrive, he push the bell and was greets by excited voices from inside. Mrs. Ok opens the door and hugs Wooyoung tightly when they were closer.

“Wooyoung…I’m glad you decide to visit us. We’ve heard about your returns and have been planning to visit you and your family when you come ringing our door bells. Oh, I’m so happy.” Mrs. Ok said while still hugging Wooyoung tightly and showering Wooyoung with kisses.

“Forgive his behavior Wooyoung. It’s just since the accident we’ve been quiet lonely.” Come a deep voice from the kitchen. Wooyoung turns his head toward the voice and sees Mr. Ok standing there, smiling at him widely. Wooyoung can’t help but feel guilty all over.

“I’m sorry that I take too long to visit.” Wooyoung apologize. Both of them just smile and drag Wooyoung toward the kitchen to have lunch together. Wooyoung stays there for a while, chatting with them, trying to catch up with everything when his attention were brought toward a small box Mrs. Ok push toward him.

“What is it auntie?” Wooyoung asks curious.

“We decide to give this to you. Besides, it was yours to begin with.” Mrs. Ok says with a smile. Wooyoung reach for the box and open it only to see a key…a familiar house key.

“This…” Wooyoung can’t continue his word. He can feel the tear start welling up in his eyes.

“You should go there.” Mr. Ok said suddenly.

“But uncle…” Wooyoung doesn’t know what to say.

“Just promise us you’ll visit us often.” Mrs. Ok says with a smile.

…………………………………………………………………..…………………………………

Wooyoung stands in front of a door with a key in his hand. He inserted the key and unlocks the door. Wooyoung place his hand on the door handle and he sees that his hand tremble slightly. Wooyoung takes a deep breath and keep on chanting inside his head the same word over and over…

“I can do this…I can do this…” Wooyoung repeated.

He pushes the handle down and opens the door. Wooyoung took and release a heavy breath before stepping inside the house.

“I’m back, Taec.” He whispers.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Several days had past, and now Wooyoung is officially the CEO of his father’s company. Everything feels like an alien towards him. Eventhough he had the degree in business in which his father force him to take, he don’t really have a clue on what was he doing. Fortunately, Mr. Hwang, Chansung’s father and Chansung himself were there to help him. Wooyoung feels the stress and the pressure of managing the company that his panic attacks strike again on regular basis. The only good thing going on for him is that his father had pass his critical condition but still very much unconscious. Wooyoung was rubbing his temple after another shareholder meeting before Chansung walks in into the office.

“Head ache?” Chansung asks knowingly.

“Hurm…” Wooyoung answer simple. Chansung hands Wooyoung some pills and Wooyoung gladly take it.

“The stress was taken its toll on you, Udong.” Chansung comments worriedly.

“There’s nothing we can do about it Channie.” Wooyoung sighs heavily.

“Maybe we should ask for some help.” Chansung said a bit hopeful. Wooyoung turns his head toward Chansung.

“From who?” Wooyoung asks curious.

“Nuneo…” Chansung turns his gaze away when he blurts out the name.

“Junho? He has his own problems to deal with Channie.” Wooyoung said weakly.

“You know that he’s free…well since Nichkhun disappearance…” Chansung said the last sentence almost in whisper. Wooyoung release a heavy breath.

“Junho didn’t hear anything about Khun yet?” Wooyoung asks worriedly. Chansung just simply shook his head. Wooyoung sighs again. After the day Wooyoung leave for the state, Nichkhun disappear suddenly and his whereabouts were still not known until this day.

“Just do what you think is best Channie.” Wooyoung said in defeated voice and rest his head back on his chair. Chansung almost jump in joy before walking away in rush to inform Junho about the news.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

3 years later….

Wooyoung has been well adjusted to his new routine now. He is managing the company well with the help of Chansung and Junho. His father had been release from the hospital but decides that Wooyoung should continue taking care of his job since he’s been getting too old for that. They have been enjoying their life like how they used to do before. Minjun and Jieun will occasionally come and joins them. The only thing missing is just one person; Nichkhun. They’ve been searching for him all this while but they get nothing. Wooyoung refuse to give up and continue hoping that one day they’ll meet again, so that Wooyoung can finally apologize toward him. Even through the hectic schedule as the owner of Jang’s corp. Wooyoung can’t help but to indulge himself every weekend as a patissier. By surrounding himself with the sweet smell of newly baked cookies and cakes, Wooyoung feels like he’s in heaven. Wooyoung was getting ready for his weekly activity when Junho and Chansung come into his room.

“Going to bake some cakes again Wooyoung?” Junho asks cheerily.

“You should bring me with you next time, Udong.” Chansung complains next. Wooyoung giggle happily.

“Yes, I’m going to bake lots of cakes and there’s no way I’ll bring you with me. You’ll eat everything on the spot.” Wooyoung answers both of them. Chansung scoffs at Wooyoung’s answer and Junho smirk widely.

“Meanie…what have you done to my cute and kind cousin, you alien?” Chansung asks a bit angry. Both Wooyoung and Junho break into a fit of laughter.

“Oww Channie. I’m joking. I can’t bring you with me. You know that uncle will kill me if he knows what I’ve been doing. I’ll bake you your favourite when I come back ok?” Wooyoung try to please Chansung.

“Fine!” Chansung said in defeat. Wooyoung smile before moving to pat Chansung’s hair and get going.

“Take care of yourself and have fun Wooyoung.” Wooyoung hear Junho shouts and his smile turns wider.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Wooyoung was enjoying the time in the kitchen of the bakery when he hears some of the female workers bickering with each other.

“What happen?” Wooyoung walks toward them and asks.

“It’s nothing Mr. Jang.” One of them answers.

 “If it’s nothing why were you arguing?” Wooyoung asks again tilting his head a bit. Some of the female workers awe at his cuteness.

“It’s just that…we have this customer that…” another one answer but she can’t finish what she’s saying since Wooyoung rush to the counter.

“What were you thinking leaving a customer waiting?” Wooyoung shout before he walks away. Wooyoung was panting when he reaches the counter and he sees one tall guy standing at the counter back facing it.

“I’m sorry sir for the…” Wooyoung stops his word when the guy turns toward him.

“Hello Wooyoung.” The guy said with a wide smile plant on his face. Wooyoung is clearly shocks that the only word he can voice out is the guy’s name.

“Nichkhun…” he said almost in whisper.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Both of them is walking together and Nichkhun keeps on chatting happily about his journey and where he’d been for the past 3 years and Wooyoung can’t help but feel completely hopeless. Nichkhun talks to him like nothing happen between them and the guilt keep on consuming Wooyoung whole being.

“We’ve been looking for you.” Wooyoung voice out suddenly. Nichkhun stops talking when he hears Wooyoung voice. Nichkhun turns his body so that they were facing each other and Wooyoung can’t bear to look at Nichkhun directly.

“After all this years and it still a ‘we’.” Nichkhun said with a scoff.

“Huh?” Wooyoung was clearly confused and he raises his head to ask Nichkhun what he means by that, but when his eyes meet Nichkhun stare, he immediately looks away.

“…and now you can’t even look at me?” Nichkhun asks again. Hurt was evident in his voice. Wooyoung can feel his blood boil at Nichkhun’s accusation.

“What are you talking about?” Wooyoung’s voice raises a bit.

“You don’t have the right to be angry at me Woo.” Nichkhun shouts back. Wooyoung was shocks at Nichkhun’s outburst and he feels the guilt consume him again.

“For 3 whole years I try to forget you. For 3 damn years I try to move on. I tried to date others. I try Wooyoung. But each and everytime, my memories with you keeps haunting me…and every relationship I try failed because I keeps on comparing them with you. You had me broken Wooyoung…and in the end I decide it was enough. I can’t keep on lying to myself. I can’t keep on denying what my heart truly wants…and I decide I’ll come searching for you…and this is how you treat me?” Nichkhun is clearly angry. Wooyoung can’t bear to look at him.

“I’m sorry.” He answers weakly.

“Look at me. Damn Wooyoung, is it too much for me to ask you to look at me? All this time we’ve known each other, I’ve been pleading, and begging for you to turn around and look at me but you never once did. Do you hate me that much Woo?” Nichkhun said; anger still in his voice.

“I’m sorry…” Wooyoung keeps on mumbling the same answer.

“Is it too much for me to hope that you were thinking about me all the time, to want you to worried about me…is it so wrong for me to want to stay by your side forever, to be with you all the time, to be needed, to be depended on…is it so wrong for me to fall in love with you?” Nichkhun blurts out all of his desperation.

“I said that I’m sorry.” Wooyoung nearly scream.

“You were not sorry enough!” Nichkhun screams back. Wooyoung feels his heart ache at Nichkhun’s words. He can’t take this anymore. He feels his head throb like crazy and his breath has become quick and short. He needs to go before his panic attack strike. Wooyoung begins to walks away when Nichkhun stops him.

“I won’t let you leave me again this time. Even if I need to force you, I won’t let you go this time. Wooyoung, I’m still so much in love with you eventhough you keeps on hurting me. I don’t care what happen I’ll stay and the only thing I asks from you is to love me like I do.” Nichkhun says before pulling Wooyoung into one desperate hasty kiss.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

It was raining heavily when they walk out of the house. Once they step outside the car, the rain stops and the sun start to shine again. Wooyoung looks up to the sky and smile widely.

“Thank you…” he whispers. Wooyoung walks slowly step by step toward his destination with Nichkhun following closely behind. They keeps their entangle hand tightly with each other. Wooyoung stops when he arrives with Nichkhun standing closely behind him. Wooyoung places the flower down and he kneels to trace the name engrave on the stone.

“We’ve come to visit Taec.” Wooyoung speaks softly. He smiles before he stands again and Nichkhun hugs him from behind.

“Woo, do you still think of Taecyeon?” Nichkhun asks suddenly. Jealousy was evident in his voice. Wooyoung let out a light chuckle.

“Khunnie, I’ll be lying to you if I say I don’t think of him once in a while, that I don’t miss him…but he’s dead and I’m not…and I need to keep moving on…so that I can make him rest in peace knowing that I’m happy…so that I can make you happy.” Wooyoung answer and turns his head towards Nichkhun before kissing him fully on the lips.

“I love you Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul.” Wooyoung said after the kiss. Nichkhun smile wide from ear to ear.

“…and I love you too, Jang Wooyoung.” Nichkhun answers back.

...............................................................................................................................................................

a/n: finally...the story is complete...i'm sorry that i tease all of you with the earlier chapter... i hope i make a good ending since i'm quite terrible at doing fluffy thing...and thank for all the readers, subsribers and all the comments that you leave throughout the story...i'm truly grateful with all your supports. thank you all.