Chapter 30 Part 1

can the pain be cured?

Wooyoung wake up in a familiar bedroom. He turns around to scan the whole room trying to remember what’s happening to him. Once his eyes landed on the bed, he sees his plushy lying next to him. He picks chick and hugs the plushy tightly when he hears voices from outside. The voices are clearly arguing. Wooyoung shook his head furiously when he recalled the devastating news earlier and his body starts to shake too. Fortunately, before Wooyoung break into a full blown panic attack, the door to the room is open revealing a very worried Nichkhun.

“Woo, you’re awake…” Nichkhun words stops when he sees Wooyoung shaking and panting. Nichkhun rushes toward Wooyoung and hugs him tightly, desperately trying to calm Wooyoung down.

“It’s ok Woo. It’s ok. It’s not your fault.” Nichkhun whispers while rubbing comforting circle on Wooyoung’s back. Wooyoung was starting to breath evenly when another shouts was heard from outside.

“Why do I have to go back?” Chansung nearly screams toward his father. Mr. Hwang still stay composed from all of Chansung actions.

“Stop acting like a kid Hwang Chansung. You have responsibility. You’re needed there.” Mr. Hwang said in a strong commanding tone.

“But dad….” Wooyoung shook his head again. He refuses to hear the arguments. He starts to sob. Wooyoung cling toward Nichkhun and held Nichkhun’s shirt tightly. Nichkhun put both of his hands on Wooyoung’s ears before he places a headphone to block the voice from Wooyoung. Nichkhun turns his head toward the door of his room before he shouts…

“GUYS!!!”….

The voices, from outside completely stop. Nichkhun hears footsteps hurrying to where he and Wooyoung are. The door creaked open revealing Ji eun and Minjun. Ji eun wants to run toward Wooyoung before Minjun stop her in her step.

“Are you ok Wooyoung?” Minjun asks while walking slowly toward them. Wooyoung blinks confusedly. Obviously he doesn’t hear Minjun voice due to the headphone covering his ears. Minjun gives signal towards Nichkhun to removes the headphone.

“Are you ok, Wooyoung?” Minjun asks again. Wooyoung shook his head weakly. Minjun smile guiltily.

“I’m sorry; I forget that you can hear everything from here.” Minjun apologize before sitting on the bed next to Wooyoung after Nichkhun leave the spot. Wooyoung just keep being silent. Minjun turns his head toward Ji eun who still standing at the door.

“Ji eun…” Minjun said while smiling.

“I’ll go get it oppa. Wooyoung oppa, wait for me.” Ji eun said clearly understanding what she needs to do before disappearing from the door.

“Will you accept ice-cream as an apology?” Minjun asks a bit playfully. Wooyoung nods weakly. Minjun smiles grow wider.

“But before that, you need to eat this.” Minjun hold out his hand showing several pills toward Wooyoung. Wooyoung just comply and eat the pills in silent before another figure walks toward the door.

“I thought you hate eating your prescription, Wooyoung.” Dr. Kim said in a low teasing voice.

“Uncle…” Wooyoung speaks a little before blushing furiously. Dr. Kim just chuckle.

“It’s been a long time since last I saw you. How come you grow up to be such a fine man Wooyoung?” Dr. Kim asks still teasing. Wooyoung lower down his head clearly embarrassed. Dr. Kim chuckle again.

“…and you still so shy…” Dr. Kim said amused. Wooyoung is beet red by now.

“It’s nice meeting you Wooyoung. I feel sorry that I have to force this on you, but we need to solve this matter quickly. So, can you come outside to discuss this together?” Dr. Kim asks in calm and relax manner.

“Sure…” Wooyoung answer simply and slow. Minjun and Nichkhun looks at each other. Wooyoung doesn’t even flinch at the idea of going out to face his uncle.

“Minjun’s father is cool.” Nichkhun thought.

“I have a lot to learn from father.” Minjun thought to himself.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

All of them are sitting around the table in the living room. All of them listen attentively to Mr. Hwang and Dr. Kim explanation about the situation in Wooyoung’s household.

“So, our conclusion is to bring you back according to your father wish so you can take over the company…” Mr. Hwang ends his explanation.

“How about Channie?” Wooyoung asks. He turns his gaze toward Chansung who was pouting the entire conversation. From the looks, it was clear that Chansung loss the argument with his father and now he is clearly in a sulking mode. Wooyoung smiles a little. He notices how Junho try with all his might to keep a poker face and not burst into a fit of laughter from seeing Chansung’s adorable state. Wooyoung try his best to hold his laughter too.

“Fortunately, after our small talks, he agrees to follow you back and help you with the company like I help your father.” Mr. Hwang speaks calmly. Chansung whine slowly when he hears his father’s words. Wooyoung feels sorry toward his cousin. He knows by heart what their little ‘talk’ means. It mainly consist of threatening and heavy words that can break a soul to their very core. After all, how Chansung can gets his entire pushy and demanding attitude if not from his father. Wooyoung sighs heavily.

“I’m sorry Channie.” Wooyoung feels the needs to apologize. After all, it because of him that Chansung was forced to stop his dream.

“Don’t be Udong. It’s not your fault. We’ve known it since before that sooner or later they’ll come to get us.” Chansung was back to his original state when he sees Wooyoung devastated looks. Wooyoung smiles weakly.

“No matter how far we ran, in the end we still need to go back to where we begin…” Wooyoung speaks softly before Nichkhun’s actions shock all of them.

“Stop this. Stop all of this . What are you talking Woo? Where are you going? Are you really leaving? Junho! Don’t you realize that Chansung is leaving? Don’t you have something to say? Anything?” Nichkhun screams clearly frustrated. He glares toward Junho. Junho take in a heavy breath before excusing himself with Nichkhun.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“What gotten into you?” Nichkhun asks angrily when they move away from the crowd. Junho sighs heavily.

“What can I do Nichkhun? What can we do?” Junho asks; frustration was evident in his voice.

“Say something, anything. If you have to beg, then beg. I’ll definitely do that…and if that’s not working, I’ll follow him.” Nichkhun speaks before falling down to the floor of the balcony. Junho takes one of the sits before exhaling another heavy breath.

“What am I to him to stop him Khun? I’m not his wife, not even his lover. I’m just merely bestfriend. You have a better hope stopping Wooyoung than me stopping Chansung.” Junho speaks clearly feeling defeated.

“But…”Nichkhun can’t seem to continue his words. He feels his heart aching in pain.

“The only thing that I can do is to support his decision. It’s his responsibility and that’s the only way I can help. But for you, you need to sort this out with Wooyoung.” Junho speaks in a bit calmer tone compare to before. Like on cue, after Junho finish talking, Wooyoung walks to where there are. Junho leaves the couple to sort thing out.

“Woo…” Nichkhun begins. Wooyoung moves to where Nichkhun is and sit in front of him.

“Do you really have to go?” Wooyoung nods softly.

“Can I come with you?” Nichkhun asks hoping.

“I’m sorry.” Wooyoung answers almost in whisper.

“Then what about us?” Nichkhun looks completely lost by now.

“I’m sorry.” Wooyoung still gives the same answer.

“What do you mean by that?” Nichkhun said almost in whisper.

“We…need to break our relationship…” Wooyoung pull his gaze away from Nichkhun. Nichkhun can literally hear his heart shattered into pieces hearing Wooyoung hurtful words.

“What are you saying Woo?” Nichkhun grab Wooyoung shoulder tightly. Desperately trying to keep what left of his sanity not to breakdown. Not to shout in frustration.

“Long-distance relationship can’t really work out Khun. We can’t really work this out.” Wooyoung words keeps on slashing Nichkhun’s already broken bleeding heart.

“Aren’t you being too much Wooyoung?” Nichkhun has already loss his reason. Wooyoung keep on looking away. He bit his bottom lips tightly that he can fell the iron taste of his blood. He also buried his fingernail deeply in his palm until it’s bleeding to keep him from shivering in front of Nichkhun.

“Look at me.” Nichkhun nearly scream.

“Please look at me…” Nichkhun said almost begging. Wooyoung start to tremble and drop of tears start falling to his face.

“I love you Wooyoung. I love you. I love you so much that it’s hurt.” Nichkhun was completely broken by now. Wooyoung just shook his head before releasing himself from Nichkhun and run away.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Wooyoung run until he reaches the place where the cars were waiting for him. As soon as they see Wooyoung wet in tears, Junho sense something was wrong and his instinct kicks in.

“Channie, sorry I can’t send you. I need to look for Nichkhun… and Wooyoung; you better have a good explanation for this after thing cool down a bit.” Junho shouts while running away. Chansung looks at Wooyoung before pulling him into a tight hug.

“What have you done Udong? Chansung asks weakly. Wooyoung just shook his head before he collapse again.

“Why do we always hurt the one that we love?” Chansung voice out his thought. He then carries Wooyoung into the car and moving towards the airport.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

A/n: actually this chapter is not finish yet....but because i'm such a freaking teaser i cut the chapter into 2 part and upload the first part first...this was angsty since i'm in angsty mood at the moment...and sorry if i make some of you angry and frustrated for this part, i'll try to make the next part as less painful as i can and i'll try to upload as fast as i can...finally thanks to all subscribers and reader who reads and supports this story. love you all... ^-^