Coffee and kisses

Because I love you

 

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey... Remember me?" A warm voice that reminded me of autumn days answered me.

I looked at the caller ID: Unknown.

"Um, hi, who is this?" I questioned, placing the phone back to my ear and feeling slightly nervous and worried.

"Don't you know that not putting a password on your phone is dangerous?" He answered, and I could hear a mischievous chuckle in his voice.

"I..." Before I could answer, I felt a hand tapping my shoulder. I spun my head around in anticipation and saw my crush: Choi Siwon.

I had loved Siwon for as long as I could remember. He was my neighbour, my first crush, my oppa, my best friend... He was 3 years older than me, the reason I was in this university and the reason why I was at this cafe daily from 2pm to 4pm. Snapping my phone shut, the boy with the beautiful voice on the other line already forgotten, I stood up to say hi to Siwon with a brilliant smile. I had managed to secure the table by the window, and immediately invited him to sit opposite me. With a stunning smile, he nodded and reached out to ruffle my hair before folding his legs gracefully and leaning back into the chair. 

We started this light conversation but was suddenly interrupted by the soft tinkle of the doorbell of the cafe. As the glass door opened, a beautiful girl with long legs and long hair stepped in. Behind her, the boy from yesterday. Donghae. His eyes swept around the cafe once and spotted me immediately. With a cheeky grin, I saw him raise a hand to wave at me, then start walking in my direction.

"No, no, no, no!!! Don't come over and disturb my talk with Siwon!!!" I thought fervently as he came closer and closer. 

But before he could reach our table, the beautiful girl strode over first and swept down to give Siwon a kiss. Immediately focusing my eyes on the couple before me, I watched as she sat on his lap and the two started making out in front of me.

 

Donghae's POV

I watched as the pretty girl started making out with the guy as she watched on. I saw horror, shock, disappointment, anger and hurt flash on her face, one after the other as she watched on, tears welling in her brown eyes. Holding my breath, I blinked, not knowing what to do, I sat down at the table behind the couple.

 

Your POV

After what seemed like an eternity of pain, they stopped kissing. Siwon wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and finally turned to me, his eyes shining with love and lust. 

"Oh I'm so sorry, this is Krystal, my girlfriend, and this is my neighbour."

Neighbour... So that's all I am to him? I thought, crushed. My heart  felt as though it was trampled on by a million people with glass shards beneath their shoes. In that instant, I couldn't take a breath.

"Hi neighbour," Krystal smirked at me condescendingly and turned back to talk in a high pitched, irritating voice to Siwon. I wanted to move and run away from this scene so badly that it felt like a knife through my heart every second, but my legs wouldn't move.

I stood planted to the chair as I shakily reached for my coffee cup.

 

Donghae's POV

I watched on, fascinated yet horrified that she was still there. I know that look in her eyes. She likes the boy, yet had to watch him kiss another girl. I'll bet she didn't know that he already had a girlfriend... Fool! Donghae thought as he saw the teary glimmer in her eyes as she reached out for her cup. Unable to take it any more, Donghae stood up and strode angrily over to her table.

Your POV

"CRASH!!!" I dropped my coffee cup in shock as a hand grabbed mine roughly. Looking up in horror and fright, I saw the boy from yesterday, an unreadable, tight expression on his face as his dark eyes burned into mine. I saw that he knew what was happening, and that knowledge made me want to cry and leap into his arms and simply cry...

Without a word, he tugged at my wrist, indicating for me to follow him. Ignoring the couple at the table, I stood up and let him lead me out of the cafe...

---

"Hey, what are you..." I finally managed to splutter when we were out of the cafe. But before I could complete my sentence, he swung me around and pushed my back up against the red brick wall of the cafe and leaned down to place a feather-light kiss on my lips. I could only stare at him.

He...he...he...kissed me! I could only think...

He released me and took a step back.

"That..Is a kiss." He whispered as he gave me a small smile and gazed gently at me.