Day 1 -- Meeting Donghae.

Because I love you

"Hey, are you Grace's friend? I was told that I was supposed to meet her friend...?" A cute boy with a slightly embarrassed smile tapped me on the shoulder and asked. 

We were in the university and I was 19 and single. Grace was my dorm-mate and she had been insistent that I needed a boyfriend. I studied business and she, medicine. Why she was so insistent? I never found out. Yet we made a bet, because I said that I could get any guy to fall in love with me in 7 days, and she dared me to. I accepted. If I succeeded, she would do a week of chores for me, on the condition that the guy would be the one of her choice.

"Hey... Yeah, I should be the one you're looking for..." I bit my bottom lip nervously, giving a sheepish smile. It suddenly felt so embarrassing, disturbing someone I didn't know over a silly bet. 

He gave a smile of relief and sat down opposite me, After ordering a coffee, he stretched out a hand and flashed me a charming smile and said "Hi! I'm Donghae, Medicine, final year. And you are...?" 

"Embarrassed. Look I'm so sorry for wasting your time but I thought that the least I could do was tell you the truth. This was a stupid dare between Grace and I... So I don't want to waste more of your time, and I have to go..." I rambled on at full speed, ignoring his hand, grabbing my bag and dashing out of the cafe before he could say anything, my face burning bright red with embarrassment.

Seeing me rattle on nervously and dash out, Donghae grinned in amusement and retracted his hand. Taking a sip of his coffee, he looked in the direction that I ran off in and whispered, "I already know about the bet. Grace told me not to fall in love with you." Chuckling, he put down his coffee and picked up the handphone that I accidentally left behind, paid his bill and left.