The Copy

Baby Photos

Jongin finally felt calm by the end of the fourth period, which was good luck because he was having fifth period with Kyungsoo. He decided that panicking over a stupid app photo was just plain stupid. He was pretty sure that there was more than one person in the world who looked similar to Kyungsoo, so he breathed out in relief.

"Jongin." Jongin felt his hair being pulled and a smile was instantly chucked onto his face.

"Hey, Soo. How was last period?"

"Yawn!" Kyungsoo yelled out at the same time he yawned.

"Kyungsoo, you are supposed to yawn, not yell 'yawn,'" Jongin reminded his friend.

"I know, but that's too high maintainance," Kyungsoo replied. "I had cooking last period. We got our tests back."

"Oh really? What's your score?"

"One hundred and one."

"Um...Soo, there's only one hundred questions on the test."

"One of the questions was wrong, so I pointed it out and they gave me an extra mark. What about you? You had music last period didn't you?"

"How did you know?"

"I printed your schedule so that I could stalk you."

"Soo...I had to sing."

"I pity those peasants who had to listen to you."

"On the bright side, I got a B-."

"I am mentally applauding you."

"OKAY CLASS! GOOD AFTERNOON! STAY AWAKE! I KNOW IT'S THE LAST PERIOD, BUT I PROMISE THAT THIS TOPIC IS GOING TO BE INTERESTING!" the teacher shouted as he walked in.

"Uh-huh," the class replied afterwards with looks of disbelief.

"Dictation! Nothing is better than dictation!"

"We are bursting with excitement, Teach," a student called out.

"Good, because I have a whole crap load of homework for you guys to do tonight!"

 

The moment Jongin made it to his locker, he completely collapsed. Korean class was always the worst. It was like a demon, out his life force or something. Kyungsoo was one of the weird kids in class who seemed to like everything that involved intense thinking, numbers and literacy. Such a scholar.

Jongdae who was right beside him didn't even bother to pick him up. In fact, he kicked him in the side.

"Ouch," Jongin groaned.

"Come on, get up. We're going to Starbucks in a few minutes, so the guys are probably waiting outside for us already."

"I don't care about them!"

"Kyungsoo's going to be there~"

 

Jongin found himself standing before a group of his friends out by the gate of the school, only two minutes later. Kyungsoo was there, like Jongdae had said and was giving Jongin a dirty look.

"You're late," Kyungsoo spat.

"Two minutes, Soo!" Jongin protested with fear in his voice. Jongin had learnt over time that Kyungsoo was head over heels with puncuality. One of his scary points.

Then Kyungsoo reached out and fixed Jongin's collar. He did a look over and then saw that Jongin had one too many buttons undone and quickly did them all up. Jongin groaned in frustration and tried to undo them, but Kyungsoo tugged his sideburns and Jongin gave up.

"You're such a messy pup," Kyungsoo commented, before hitting Jongin in the stomach. Jongin doubled over, trying to grab his breath.

"So...rry!" Jongin breathed out and used Kyungsoo as a support.

"Your friendship is painful to watch," Minseok commented.

"Can we just go now? I am really thirty," Luhan called out.

"Mm, me too," Sehun quickly followed up with a side glance at his senior.

"You alive?" Kyungsoo asked Jongin. Jongin quickly nodded and straightened himself up.

"Okay, let's go."

 

 

"Chocolate?"

"Soo..."

"Vanilla?"

"Can you-"

"Strawberry?"

"Look-"

"Strawberry and vanilla?"

"Seriously-"

"The cookie crumble looks good too."

"I hate it-"

"Uu~ Cappuccino!"

"No, Soo-"

"So many flavors!"

"I-"

"What are you having, Jong?"

*sigh* "Chocolate."

"Then I'll have a vanilla."

"Final-"

"Wait no, I'll have cookie crumble!"

"Oh my G-"

"Jongin, I hope you're not going to curse in God's name."

"SOO! YOU'RE HOLDING UP THE LINE!" Jongin shouted. Kyungsoo turned around and he saw that there was indeed, a very long line, that went all the way out the door.

"Okay, change that. I'll have chocolate."

 

"I think that was a record," Jongdae said as they sat down in their corner of the cafe. They always sat there, which is why they claimed it as theirs. They even carved their names into the table.

"Longest line Kyungsoo has ever held up," Yixing added. 

"Amusing to watch," Minseok said.

"But horribly annoying to be part of," Jongin added as he sent Kyungsoo a glare that went unnoticed to the happily drinking boy.

"They make everything look so nice. Isn't it natural for one to be indecisive?"

"Just not to that extent," Jongin replied.

"You're no fun." Kyungsoo pouted and then went back to drinking.

"It's okay, Kyungsoo. I have something that will cheer you up," Jongdae said. Jongin's ears perked up to that and when Jongin saw Jongdae pulled out a large A3 sized paper, his eyes widened. He immediately knew what it was. He jumped over the table, not caring about the looks his got, and reached out for the paper. 

"No! Stop Jongdae! I thought you ripped it all up!"

"I kept one on Minseok."

"Betrayers! Jongdae, hand it over! Let's not make things more complicated!"

"Jongin, sit your down," Kyungsoo ordered. 

"Not yet, Soo! I need this!" Jongin replied as he kept on reaching out. 

"Here, give it to me," Kyungsoo said and reached out for the paper. Jongdae quickly slipped it to him and then Jongin immediately latched himself onto Kyungsoo. 

"No Soo! You don't want to see it!" Jongin cried. 

"Why are you making such a big deal out of it?" Kyungsoo asked. That struck a chord. Why am I making a big deal out of it? Jongin thought. Then Jongin straightened himself up and fixed his clothes. 

"I guess that I was...overreacting. You are free to look at it."

"Thank yo-"

"At your own cost!"

"Okay..."

Kyungsoo opened the sheet of paper and looked at it quizzically. Jongdae was practically giggling in his seat. 

"I guess...that it did make me slightly happier..." Kyungsoo replied. Jongin looked over at what was on the sheet.

 

 (                                                • - •  )

 

Jongin didn't know what to call it.