Real

Baby Photos

Jongin slumped onto his bed and quickly pulled off his socks, before throwing the pair into a random corner. He'd get his mum to get it later. Or his dad. Getting his dad to do the laundry was so easy. 

Then Jongin reached for his phone and searched for any missed calls or messages. There were one or two from Minseok, a load from Jongdae and none from Kyungsoo. Lol. Kyungsoo didn't even have a phone-

Wait.

How the hell did Kyungsoo suddenly end up in his contact list?

Did he buy a phone and then sneakily add his contact into his phone while they were drinking at starbucks? The caniving little . Jongin long pressed Kyungsoo's contact and his finger hovered over the 'delete' option. Jongin didn't even know he was hesitating until the light from the screen was beginning to burn his eyes. Instead, he clicked on the option 'send message' and quickly typed something in.

wth dude.
-Jongin

Jongin pressed send and then tucked his phone underneath his pillow. But just as he hid the phone away, he already got a message.

yo jongin, im kind of bored right now because minseok and jongdae left my house earlier to go attend some sort of carnival thing over in itaewon. so i was thinking that i should break into your house and eat your food. do you have noodles? im kind of craving it right now. oh- you do. okay, hello. :)
-Kyungsoo

"How the hell did he write that message so fast?" Jongin muttered to himself, as he prepared himself to answer. He clicked on 'reply message' and was about to start writing when he heard something tap against his window. He glanced up, but nothing was there, so he ducked his head back down. Only a second later, another tap came and Jongin's head snapped up curiously. He waited, and then suddenly, a giant flower slapped the window hard, shocking Jongin out of his wits and making him bang his head on the wall. He stood up to go to the window and open it up.

But when he did, a large figure came out of nowhere and slipped inside, knocking Jongin to the side and sending him slamming into his desktop table. Jongin let out a hiss of pain and was going to curse at the intruder, but then he saw who it was and decided it would be better to shut up.

"Sorry I'm late," Kyungsoo said and set his cactus plant down by a photo frame of Jongin, Minseok, Jondae and Kyungsoo at Lotte World. Jongin and Minseok were pulling peace signs, while Jongdae was pulling bunny ears behind their heads and Kyungsoo was standing at the side, staring straight at the camera with a blank face. Jongin blinked at him, before shaking his head.

"How did you send the message so quickly?" Jongin asked.

"Oh...I had the message saved on draft so that when you eventually texted me, I could just send it straight to you," Kyungsoo replied.

"Then how come you're at my house already?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"...Kyungsoo, please don't tell me you did something creepy."

"I've been watching you, Jongin," Kyungsoo whispered as he crossed the room. Jongin's heart missed a beat. Holy . What was Kyungsoo talking about. "I want something from you, Jongin." Kyungsoo neared the door and paused.

"What...what do you want?" Jongin gulped. Then Kyungsoo grabbed the door knob, twisted it and then pushed the door open.

"Your noodles!" Kyungsoo grinned and dashed out to the kitchen.

"No! They're mine!" Jongin cried and dashed after him. Suddenly, the race downstairs became some kind of tekken game. Kyungsoo was running towards the staircase, jumping over a lying book which Jongin didn't see and tripped over. Then when Kyungsoo got to the staircase he jumped past three steps at a time, trying to get down as fast as possible. But then Jongin slid down on the handrails, catching up to Kyungsoo a lot. Soon, Jongin was only arm's length away from Kyungsoo and he was trying to grab at the boy's flying clothing. It was the pause at the pantry that gave Jongin the advantage. Kyungsoo grabbed the handle to the pantry, but at the same time, Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo, trying to pull him back. Kyungsoo managed, however, to pull the doors open, while reaching in to grab the last packet of cup noodles. Jongin cried out and pulled Kyungsoo hard, sending Kyungsoo off balance.

The cup noodles slipped out of Kyungsoo reach when Jongin and Kyungsoo fell to the ground, and it rolled a fair distance away. Both boys paused and then slowly looked up to see the noodles coming to a stop. There was three seconds of stillness, before Kyungsoo slid out from underneath Jongin and stretched out for the cup. He managed to wrap his finger around in and hold it close to his chest, but Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo's legs and pulled him towards him. Kyungsoo gripped the noodles close to his chest, refusing to let go. But Jongin reached in and grabbed it too, trying to wrench it from the boy's hands.

"Wait!" Kyungsoo cried, the sides of his mouth turning up into a grin and his eyes turning into crescent slits. He was laughing. "You're ticking me!"

"Huh?" Jongin mumbled. When he looked down, he saw that one of his hands was at Kyungsoo's side and he was indeed tickling him.

"Haha, stop!" Kyungsoo giggled. Then Jongin looked back at Kyungsoo's face and his whole world came crashing down.

There was glitter in Kyungsoo's ruffled hair and a bit of stains on Kyungsoo's regulation white shirt. But Kyungsoo had this brilliant look on his face and tied in with the way how Kyungsoo's hands were clasped by his chest made him look undeniably...like the photo from Jongdae's app.

Jongin didn't know he was even staring until he felt a sharp pain and he realized that Kyungsoo was tugging at his hair.

"Get off me," Kyungsoo ordered, "you're fat." Jongin scoffed and slid off his friend, who still managed to hold onto the noodles the whole time.

 

In the end, Kyungsoo cooked the noodles and they shared it.